What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
sorry to hear about jay jay's arm, we know you will both do your best to get this ready for as soon as you can, however its more important that jay jay lets his arm heal correctly, im sure i speak for everyone when i say we would rather have jay jays arms fixed and healing correctly then you guys risking his health to finish a script.
hahaha yea thanks i went like 4 hoyrs without pain killers :P and i will try my hardest for u guy :D but cant really promise anything lol typing with my non dominant hand is SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW :P but i like ur ideas stuart thanks (i might mension u in about for all those ideas) i might post my arm sometime too lol i got 6 weeks.
09-08-2006 12:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
thanks jay jay, if you do decide to do that i would consider it an honor. anyways get well soon friend.
09-08-2006 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
i can't wait to the next version of gradient comes out
i hope it includes the option to gradiate your WLM name
09-20-2006 08:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Sorry to say there have been some delays with it.  I have gone about 3 weeks without coding it and now have to remember what I was doing :P.  The reasons behind me not working on it are pretty simple really, it's the end of term so there are tests and assignments galore, Jay_Jay broke his arm (:sad:) and I need some time just to relax in between it all.  At least I have a week off but at least half of that is going to be taken up with drinking and recovering :P.  I'll let you all know when it is getting closer.

Oh and Jay_Jay has been working on his script instead of helping me with this (and he has been asking for help).  There is also another script that I am planning on doing to when I get the time, but if you really want this I guess I can work on the other later.
[Image: markee.png]
09-20-2006 11:31 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i am happy at present with gradient 3.00, yes the prposed new features for 3.1 sound great and id like to get my hands on them but i appreciate we have to wait and if this other script you want to work on markee is going to be useful then i say work on that first after all gradient is a well established script now and is powerful enough and fully featured enough to satisfy most people for the time being. ultimately how you and jay jay manager your time is up to you, and we all look forward to the next version of gradients and whatever other scripts you care to develope for us.
09-21-2006 05:36 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
i am happy at present with gradient 3.00, yes the prposed new features for 3.1 sound great and id like to get my hands on them but i appreciate we have to wait and if this other script you want to work on markee is going to be useful then i say work on that first after all gradient is a well established script now and is powerful enough and fully featured enough to satisfy most people for the time being. ultimately how you and jay jay manager your time is up to you, and we all look forward to the next version of gradients and whatever other scripts you care to develope for us.
yea well we are going on holidays and the script we are going to make (or just markee but me doing the uis [Image: msn_tongue.gif]) is going to be mad and atm i am currently wotking on i think 5 script so i am kind of busy because i want time to relax too but when the new greadient comes out i think everyone will love it and wont stop thanking us :P
09-21-2006 06:08 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Jay
quote:
yea well we are going on holidays and the script we are going to make (or just markee but me doing the uis [Image: msn_tongue.gif]) is going to be mad and atm i am currently wotking on i think 5 script so i am kind of busy because i want time to relax too but when the new greadient comes out i think everyone will love it and wont stop thanking us :P

jay jay i am sure your right about everyone thanking you for it, it sounds like the already great script will be getting even better once new version is released, im also interested to see what these other 5 scripts will be that you guys are working on.
09-21-2006 11:47 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
these other 5 scripts will be that you guys are working on.
ok well one is top secret, another is this, another is wlm preview, and is im making ui s for like 2 other scripts lol today i finished one little script for personal use and thats all the scripting [Image: msn_tongue.gif] oh well we will try and have it out asap for you guys [Image: xso_cheesy.gif]

This post was edited on 09-21-2006 at 11:51 AM by NanaFreak.
09-21-2006 11:51 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok i have a few more ideas for features in gradient script.

could we maybe add to the nickname gradiater an option where you can set gradients for the says tag which affects the online status and nudges notifications? (only possible with IRC gradient codes, but the nickname before this irc code block can be bbcode)

another option i was thinking of is also to do with the nickname gradiater, an option that once you have designed your nickname in the gradiater that if nickchange script was also installed you would from within nickname gradiater simply click the "add to nickname list" button (if nickchange not installed would be greyed out) and it would add the nickname to the text file that holds the nicknames used in nickchange.

i know that the nickchange link will be a bit hard to do and would require some collabaration with the creaters of that script but i would hope these suggestions are doable, please let me know what you think.
09-21-2006 05:59 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
ok i have a few more ideas for features in gradient script.

could we maybe add to the nickname gradiater an option where you can set gradients for the says tag which affects the online status and nudges notifications? (only possible with IRC gradient codes, but the nickname before this irc code block can be bbcode)

another option i was thinking of is also to do with the nickname gradiater, an option that once you have designed your nickname in the gradiater that if nickchange script was also installed you would from within nickname gradiater simply click the "add to nickname list" button (if nickchange not installed would be greyed out) and it would add the nickname to the text file that holds the nicknames used in nickchange.

i know that the nickchange link will be a bit hard to do and would require some collabaration with the creaters of that script but i would hope these suggestions are doable, please let me know what you think.

Sorry I was just taking a look at this thread (thinking about getting back to scripting soon) and I realised I hadn't replied to you or even really took much notice of this post of yours :$ sorry.

Anyway,  as I said I'm looking at getting back into coding Gradient and your suggestions sound good and quite doable (might even be able to do more than what you thought of).  I'm going to be making a lot of achanges to how things are done and the features that the script has when I get around to it and I'm even going to learn regular expressions so I can do it all better (maybe even make my code a little less bloated if I feel like it).  At the moment what I have (a not use-able version atm) is by far the longest script for Plus! and it is only getting bigger (probably less than halfway through the updating of the code) so I've still got plenty to do.

This is only going to be a bit of a side project as I also plan to be getting a job over the holidays and be doing this when I have a chance.  The only problem I find with coding is that I can't give it up when I start... well at least until the script I'm working on is finished anyway.  And with having about 3 or 4 days of coding ahead of me I don't really want to do that when I have something coming up.

There will be a lot of changes as I said and I would like some input from the users of gradient for some advise with how they would like the script to look and how you think Gradient could become more user friendly (one example might be to get rid of the commands or at least truncate the names a bit).  Any advice is very welcome.  I will let you know of more features a little bit closer to the release (well at least when I have started coding again).  I think you will be very pleased with the changes I will be making, but you will just have to wait for it I'm sorry.

Thank you all for your patience for the next release and I hope to get Gradient in a very good working order before releasing it to all of you.

markee
[Image: markee.png]
11-13-2006 03:46 AM
Pages: (18): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: