What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240
Author: Message:
AlexNL

O.P. Toasts not working when connected via Remote Desktop
I'm exploring the Messenger Plus! Live-scripting documentation, and found the Toasts-part. A great feature that works - except when on Remote Desktop.

I'm using Windows Live Messenger version 8.0.0792 and Messenger Plus! Live version 4.01.0.240 on Windows XP Professional. When I script a toast, nothing happens. When I add an if(!...)-tag and I let something output to the debugger, the text appears, stating that the toast could not be delivered.

Can this be fixed? Maybe an option would be a good idea too: do not show toasts when using Remote Desktop?

Greetings,
AlexNL
07-17-2006 09:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
Undecided  Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240
Dear Patchou,

The new version is excellent.

BUT unluckily, custom event notifications and sounds for contacts stopped working after using the new PLUS! version for 3 days now.

It works fine on my notebook. I am connected to my desktop machine via REMOTE DESKTOP from this notebook and I usually do that always. Earlier versions were all working fine with this feature. 

Toast and default messenger sign in sound only works when contact is online. For offline and rest of the changes .. toast is also not working neither the sounds.

Tried fixing myself, re-installed. I guess it is a problem with the new version.

==================================

Another thing I noticed is that one of my friend has almost similar nicks with 2 different ID's. When I right click on his nick and select contact on desktop, surprisingly Plus! brings the other ID on desktop. It was really confusing. Checked it couple of times with different people, the problem is there for sure. [Note: contact had nick colors enabled and was using messenger plus too!] 

For example: a contact has nick xyz with two id's: a@hotmail.com, b@hotmail.com .. So when i select a@hotmail.com to come on desktop ... b@hotmail.com comes instead :)

Please respond with your opionion and solution.

Thanks n Regards,

This post was edited on 07-18-2006 at 11:32 AM by hiqbal.
[Image: hiqbal.png]
07-18-2006 10:19 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
RE: Toasts not working when connected via Remote Desktop
I have the same problem with the latest version. Connected to my PC on remote connection.

You should check event notifications like contact goes offline, changes nick, status etc .. use sounds .. they are also not working when I use remote desktop ..

Were working earlier... and it happened after 3 days of perfect use. Check the thread below for the same I posted :)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63...d=697103#pid697103
07-18-2006 11:21 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240
Hi,

thanks for noticing this bug, it will be fixed in the next update.

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-18-2006 03:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CRXed

RE: Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240
hey Alex, volgens mij weet je er wel veel vanaf ;)

So, can you take a look at my "bug" post and see if it is a related issue?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62103&page=2

i was also using REMOTE DESKTOP
07-19-2006 08:29 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The problem has been fixed in the next version.

CRXed: this may fix your problem too but I'm not sure, please confirm after the next release :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-29-2006 09:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
RE: RE: Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.2
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

CRXed: this may fix your problem too but I'm not sure, please confirm after the next release :).

Dear Patchou,

The corrections with toasts, events, sounds are yet to be made when a machine is connected via remote desktop as mentioned earlier.

Plus do remember the desktop contacts bug mentioned above.

I guess your response was for messenger lock feature fixed.

Regards,

Hiqbal

This post was edited on 07-31-2006 at 12:35 AM by hiqbal.
07-30-2006 07:15 AM
AlexNL

O.P. RE: Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.240
hiqbal, patchou meant the next version of MsgPlus! Live, that not has been released yet.
07-31-2006 12:31 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
RE: RE: Event/Sound/Toast Notifications Disabled & Desktop Contact Problem in 4.0.1.2
quote:
Originally posted by AlexNL
hiqbal, patchou meant the next version of MsgPlus! Live, that not has been released yet.

Alright.
07-31-2006 12:35 AM
hiqbal

Naive

43 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Just to confirm that it has been tested again and the problem is only on systems connected via REMOTE DESKTOP. Only Online notification works with default sound. All other toasts, sounds, status change options don't work at all.

Regards,

Hiqbal
07-31-2006 06:43 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: