What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your views: Life after death?

Pages: (8): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Your views: Life after death?
Author: Message:
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Your views: Life after death?
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Why, why does there have to be something. Why can't people accept that you die. Why does everyone constantly look for "something else"? Maybe people are so afraid of death that they have to manufacture a reason why there's nothing wrong with death.
Yeah. :)
I'm not afraid of death, I'm just very corious. When it stops, does it just stop, and how does it feel? I mean, it has to be something that happens, it can't just be a black sky, can it? But still we're kinda like machines, just the fact that we're smarter. :)
And I've been thinking on; how does it feel the moment your heart slows down? The last moment of life, and... just... shutdown. :|
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-19-2006 07:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: Your views: Life after death?
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
When it stops, does it just stop, and how does it feel? I mean, it has to be something that happens, it can't just be a black sky, can it?

When you're sleeping, do you see black sky? No, so why would dying be any different. Only difference being that we can't dream when we're dead because we're, well, dead.

quote:
And I've been thinking on; how does it feel the moment your heart slows down? The last moment of life, and... just... shutdown. (Smilie)

Indeed, that's something I wonder too.

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 07:43 PM by segosa.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
07-19-2006 07:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
And I've been thinking on; how does it feel the moment your heart slows down? The last moment of life, and... just... shutdown
most of the time you don't know if it is or isn't.... I believe in reincarnation.... But I also believe no matter what our memory is swiped clean, but yet in the deepest part of our minds (instincts) we still remember.... Also with reincarnation i think there is a vague thing that connects your past life with your new life... and your new life to your future life... and sooner or later you'll find out but not know it.
07-19-2006 07:48 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Yeh i get you segosa. When we sleep our brains go mostly dead(inactive). So when we die and we go completely brain dead the we won't see anything either, TBH you need the electric pulse running through your body to do anything once that goes nothing happens. You would have no brain power to interpret what your eyes see, you wouldn't even have working eyes they wouldn't anything.

For something after death you need to have some sort of spiritual side of you in which you can somehow live on.
I'm not sure whether we have a spiritual side and it's a question i have been fighting myself over for many years.

Or any kind of other side, Which can live on. I highly doubt it being possible though.

This post was edited on 07-19-2006 at 08:10 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-19-2006 07:49 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
To do anything after death you have to believe you have a spiritual side of you in which you can somehow live on.

Sounds like the typical preaching of God: sure, we can prove God exists, you just need to believe in him first.

I'm sorry but saying that you'll only live on if you believe it is bullshit. It's just a way to keep it impossible to prove that God or the afterlife doesn't exist (latter harder though of course).

"Hey, he didn't speak to you because you don't believe in him!"

Right.
07-19-2006 07:59 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Sounds like the typical preaching of God: sure, we can prove God exists, you just need to believe in him first.

I'm sorry but saying that you'll only live on if you believe it is bullshit. It's just a way to keep it impossible to prove that God or the afterlife doesn't exist (latter harder though of course).

Right.

Opps soz i was ment to edit that out before i posted.

I'm totally against the whole god thing. The simple fact that he apparently made the world in 7 days (according to Christianity)
is strange seeming as we made up the whole seven day a week thing ages after the universe was made and the like! It's bull i tell you, BULL!
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-19-2006 08:08 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't believe in god, in that aspect I'm an atheist. I don't believe in spirits, ghosts etc.

However, it's impossible to imagine nothing... Therefore imagining what happens after death is impossible. I don't believe that we can just stop, nothing just disappears like that... There always has to be something next, I'm not sure what it will be though... It might be a "heaven", although it could also be a different state of mind, ie. something similar to dreaming.
07-19-2006 08:12 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

For those who're interested take a look at this:

http://141592653589.org/video/TheWayOfTheMaster.avi

It's a 30 min video basically telling you that it requires more faith to be an atheist than to believe in God. It's really well done, it even got me wondering for a few minutes after I'd seen it.

This post was edited on 07-20-2006 at 07:39 PM by segosa.
07-19-2006 08:13 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

Right.

Opps soz i was ment to edit that out before i posted.

I'm totally against the whole god thing. The simple fact that he apparently made the world in 7 days (according to Christianity)
is strange seeming as we made up the whole seven day a week thing ages after the universe was made and the like! It's bull i tell you, BULL!
To say my opinion about god; I don't believe there is one (no offence).
I just believe that life is life, I see no point in why a god should exist, and when it comes to how the world came to a start, I believe in the "Big Bang".

And, how can there be a god? Well, if people don't believe there's a god, then they'll not believe so. What people believe is very important, how you are and how you think and act, defines you. And if you believe in Jesus, that he did (whatever he did) in real life, then I believe that it's up to that person. We don't have bulletproof proof for a god, or no god, and if we had, there would still be people that believed in it anyways.
And if you believe hard enough that there's a tree infront of you; you will eventually (my spelling suck :)) think so. Your thoughts is you, and how you believe.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-19-2006 08:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I don't think that there is an afterlife in a spiritual sense, I don't think that everyone has a soul that hovers between body to body. Sentient thought is nothing more than chemicals going through your brain.

However, I do think there is an afterlife, when you die, you decompose, nutrients and materials from your body leak into the surrounding area of your final resting place, and this stuff will be used in trees and plants etc... these will then make their way through the cycle, they could be eaten by animals, or they could just die, but either way the composition of your body will be used for years after your life ended.

In another though, isn't it weird that you could be breating the same molecule of oxygen as Martin Luther King once did?
07-19-2006 08:17 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: