What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your Views: Religion

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Your Views: Religion
Author: Message:
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Your Views: Religion
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
What do you think of Religions?
Bad. Ok, so maybe most people that are religious don't go on killing sprees and are everyday happy nice people.

No... some religions don't teach that... but some do... Terrorists are mostly acting out of religious vows.

If you read on, I actually said that it's the people's (not just terrorists) way of interpreting the religion.

Don't go saying Christianity is better than this.

The crusades killed more people innocent than terrorism has to date.
Hitler was in no way Islamic, but he killed all the Jews.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-22-2006 01:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Your Views: Religion
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
he most common argument I hear to answer this is "free will". Apparently, any harm that befalls a human being is their own choice. I suppose it is in basic logic, but that makes "God" out to be a pretty crappy guy if he created viruses etc. (And ffs please don't say hackers made viruses.)

If you run a social experiment, you set boundries and once these boundries are set, you do not change the boundries or intefere in the experiment in any way. I'd imagine that if there is a god, he created the universe and just let it be.

From a scientific point of view, there is a theoretical particle called the Higgs Boson, and this particle explains where every particle got its mass from, and so basically explains the origin of anything and everything.

It has never been discovered, but I think this is the closest thing we have to a god. The whole of existence attributed to a single particle.
If you explain this to a deeply religious person, they would probably say that the Higgs Boson doesn't explain why we are here, just how, and that maybe god created the Higgs Boson which lead to the universe.
However, this still doesn't explain who created the creator.
07-22-2006 03:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
i believe in God. and i am religious. but i dont believe that different religions are contrary to each other. ALL religion say the same things, teach the same principles. only power hungry and greedy people use religion religion as a tool to justify their wrong acts and deeds. being a hindu, i visit the temple. God is there, and religion is not bad, only the way some people have interpreted it is bad.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 04:35 PM by Rubber Stamp.
07-22-2006 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

Then why doesn't everyone get an equal challenge? I thought everyone was equal to God?

How would that be a challenge, how would we feel jealously? Hey everyone who has had everything and been a horrible person may suffer for eternity whereas you will be happy for eternity.

I noticed I used to have the same views as a lot of you people, but as I have grown up with my experiences etc, I truly believe in an afterlife etc. I am just living as the best I can and trying to be a good person.

All religions teach there is something greater out there, and that essentally is religion. But religion is how we follow things etc. I mean you can be a theist and not follow a religion, as long as you believe in something out there.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 04:38 PM by absorbation.
07-22-2006 04:35 PM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
anyone heard the story where a barber asks a man why people suffered if there was God. and the man reacts by showing him a man who badly needed a shave and haircut and asks the barber why the man on the street was in such a condition when there was the barber. the barber replied by saying that if people didnt grow hair and beard, then they wont come to the barber in the first place. thats the same case with God. if people are always happy and have everything, why will they turn to God in the first place. people start praying only when they are in grave danger, only when they really need God.
07-22-2006 04:40 PM
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
quote:

Then why doesn't everyone get an equal challenge? I thought everyone was equal to God?

How would that be a challenge, how would we feel jealously? Hey everyone who has had everything and been a horrible person may suffer for eternity whereas you will be happy for eternity.

I mean, why are some people in poverty, and others not? Why don't we all get an equal chance to have it all and have nothing? Why do those people get more of a challenge in life than others?
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
07-22-2006 05:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I mean, why are some people in poverty, and others not? Why don't we all get an equal chance to have it all and have nothing? Why do those people get more of a challenge in life than others?

I don't know, I'm not God :tongue:.
07-22-2006 05:04 PM
Rubber Stamp

It Was Never Random

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: Your Views: Religion
quote:

maybe because some people work very very hard to achieve success.
07-22-2006 05:30 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
maybe because some people work very very hard to achieve success.

People in the poorest parts of Africa work a hell of a lot harder than, I'm sure, most of the people on here yet they unarguably have a far worse quality of life.
07-22-2006 05:49 PM
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
Causes more harm than good these days. But people are entitled to their beliefs who are we to judge, if you don't believe in religion like me, you are only gonna have one opinion on it really (It's crap).

My belief about religion though is that it is just an old "tool" used to keep control over people, it gave them something to look forward to if they followed the commandments, and something to fear if they didn't. and because it was so powerful (in those times) it worked. Now people need more fact and arnt as stupid, so they will break the rules, and most dont really believe in it anyway.

More and more people are now turning away for religion. because (Excuse the pun/cliché) They have seen the light :P

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 06:35 PM by Mentality.
07-22-2006 06:31 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: