What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your Views: Abortion

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Your Views: Abortion
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Your Views: Abortion
I'm for abortion... Mostly because I can understand accidents, and not perposly making the kid.... I mean... if you're stupid and don't use a condom it's gay, but then the people who do use one and it breaks it just sucks if there's nothing to help them get through it.... I'm even more for the morning after pills, to where if they think the condom might've broke, it'll terminate the pregnancy sometimes before the egg implants itself.
07-22-2006 06:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
If it's for a good good reason - then yes, I'm for abortion, but I think that it should only be used when it's really nessecary (errr, I need to practice my spelling), if it's for the sake of doing it, I'm not for. :)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-22-2006 07:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Your Views: Abortion
I believe it depends on the circumstances...

I agree with Tasha in saying its OK in cases such as rape or if the child's life would only suffer in life through illness or w/e.

Also, if the mother became so unwell that continuing the pregnancy would kill her, then I believe it would justify an abortion.
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
07-22-2006 07:17 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
I do not agree with abortion in any way, but I think it should remain legal. One large argument in the legalisation of abortion in the first place was because many women were having abortions illegally, these "backdoor" abortions were highly unsafe and caused some women to contract STI's and some women to become permanently infertile. I think if abortion was to be made illegal, there would be a rise in the amount of backdoor abortions taking place. I don’t want to judge people who have abortions, my friend recently had one (she's only 16 :S ) but she’s still a friend and i don’t mention it. I think abortion is one of those topics which isn’t black or white, good or bad, there are many shades between and there are many different circumstances, which may, to some people, be a situation which abortion can be deemed necessary. Many women who have abortions go on to regret it later in life and of course there are many accounts of women with mental problems caused by abortion.

Abortion is not my main annoyance or grievance, the problems lie with those who try to endorse abortion and advise it as a solution to unwanted pregnancy. The arguments these pro-choice organisations spit out are completely unethical and completely devoid of sympathy and feeling. They argue that the foetus is not alive and does not have feeling.

I don’t think all blame should lie with those women who do get pregnant; blame partly lies with these organisations. My sister got pregnant recently and my mum desperately tried to force her to have an abortion, this actually sickened me and i was shocked at the lack of feeling. Those who argue that abortion is better in the long run are seriously uneducated of the effects an abortion can have on the women in question and those around them.

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

07-22-2006 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Aeryn

– / Female / –
Well, imo the baby growing inside a woman is alive after all, so one might say abortion is murder of a sorts. But I personally would have an abortion if I was raped (providing I wasn't able to take a morning-after pill for some reason) and probably also if it was established that the baby would be born with severe physical or emotional disabilities.

And of course, then there is the "too young for such responsibility" thing, and I'm not sure where the line goes here. There is never a completely perfect time to have children, but then again, if you really don't feel ready for it... then having that child anyway would just be a burden for the parent(s) and the child itself.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 07:41 PM by Aeryn.
07-22-2006 07:40 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
Isn't it worse to bring an unwanted child into the world than to kill a fetus before it experiances life?
07-22-2006 07:42 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plik
Isn't it worse to bring an unwanted child into the world than to kill a fetus before it experiances life?
Good point. But that subject is really something discuss.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
07-22-2006 07:44 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
But that subject is really something discuss.
It's the same thing.
07-22-2006 08:33 PM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
Well, this is always a dodgy topic for me, but I think I've sussed it from a kind of "it happened to me, so its the same for everyone else" view.

I can't remember what life was like while I was still inside the womb, therefore my level of intelligence must've been pretty low. Therefore, I couldn't have cared less if my parents had an abortion.

Edit from here downwards, hit space-enter by accident.

On the other hand, I disagree with abortion, at least in the Western world. There are adequate foster care systems in place that can take babies whose parents do not want them.
On the other hand (hell i have three hands? :)) as Tasha said, it must be pretty bad knowing that you're an "unwanted child".

Also, apparently abortions can cause problems when women want to properly start a family, so in this respect abortion is a bad thing. And it causes them to feel pretty depressed, etc.

But, all in all, from my first point, it's not really "murder" (unless you count killing "anything" murder, in which case killing a single-cell ameoba is murder, in which case you're calling your body a murderer - [/ot]) so it should not be made illegal.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 08:53 PM by andrewdodd13.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-22-2006 08:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
I would have an abortion if I had to. I've been told I'd be kicked out if I had a kid at my age.

In my opinion, everyone has a right to choose if they want the child. There is a time limit to when you can have an abortion, so really, life doesnt begin till after the time has run out.

The brain isn't capable of gaining knowledge or life or death, gaining knowledge of wtf is going on, or having a 'memory'. It's only the LATER stages these are formed, after the time your able to have an abortion has run out.

Sure there are foster homes, but being pregnant for 9 months. If you're my age you don't want that. It ruins your education.

I guess I've just been brought up to think like this... and hmm, if I was a little older and I got pregnant, I would possibly keep it. I don't know. Just not at this age, thank you. :p

Please don't argue with me, it's just my opinion okay? I don't want to hear anyone saying "yeah but lalalala", I've heard it all before, k?
07-22-2006 10:04 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: