What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your Views: Abortion

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Your Views: Abortion
Author: Message:
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
RE: Your Views: Abortion
Who are we to say that abortion is bad?

Really, this is one thing that concerns women, and only women, because in the end, they are the ones that get pregnant, they have to care for the child and we just stick our weiner in, run away and say they'll have to care for it...wtf?
It's their decision if they do or don't, it's their life, their body and a women is definitively more 'alive' than a fertilized egg or unborn fetus so they have the right to decide what they do with their body.
Of course, abortion isn't fun or anything, but it's necessary in some cases and not murder as long as it's done when it's really necessary and 'within time' (that's why there are laws to regulate this in most countries).

I remember a thread where someone posted a link and tried to convince us that abortion is wrong and disgusting and whatsoever, but what a life would a ( maybe even handicapped) child have, probably without parents, without family, even if they are lucky and get in a care system..

People who are against abortion should rethink their position themselves, see if they really considered everything, what consequences it would have for the child, and the woman who has to raise an unwanted (or maybe even handycapped) child, just because some people say she has to.

And to say what a wonderful life the child 'could have had', and what things it 'could have done' is just as wrong, because think of what a wonderful life your sperm could have had if you had put it in the right place next time you :pound: again.. ;)

For me, human life doesn't begin when an egg gets fertilized, because a fertilized egg just can't think, or live life as a human, it's a fertilized egg as any other fertilized egg (human or not), but with diferent rna/dna, not yet a developed human; Human yes, but not an individual which can feel or think on its own.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
07-22-2006 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bergy

36 / Male / –
I feel that it is the woman's choice - my girlfriend has a son and loves him to pieces, nothing can compare to the love a loving mother gives. however if this love is present, even adoption is a poor substitute, as the bond is not there, if the mother hates what she is bringing in to this world its not fair on the child to have to be exposed to that
07-22-2006 10:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
welshboy222

29 / Male / –
In the end its up to the mother on what to do if shes wants an abortion then she can have one. We have no right on what people can and can't do. But if she feels guilty about an abortion then she should ask an experienced person.
If the worst comes to the worst eat a cake makes you feel better!
07-23-2006 08:27 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your Views: Abortion
quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
In the end its up to the mother on what to do if shes wants an abortion then she can have one. We have no right on what people can and can't do. But if she feels guilty about an abortion then she should ask an experienced person.

I don't think so, where does the baby have a say in its future life?
07-23-2006 10:36 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
quote:

Where does even a 3yr-old have a choice about their future? Yet alone a newly born (or in this case, pre-born).
[Image: markee.png]
07-23-2006 10:55 AM
Sxc Jade

In my eyes I think if your get pregnant them you should take the responsibility for it, fair enough if you got raped yes you can have the choose. It is not the babies fought you got pregnant is it so why should it suffer because of your mistake, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL!!
[Image: jadeyeq7.png]
07-23-2006 11:12 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
quote:

Where does the calf born into a cattle farm to only be raised to be killed and eaten by us have a say in its life?

Any meateaters here can not morally use the "the fetus deserves a choice" justification.
07-23-2006 11:33 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I know the fetus can't think etc. But everyone is entitled to a life, and who are you to say you can't have one, I mean why should we be able to play God?
07-23-2006 12:07 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
I know the fetus can't think etc. But everyone is entitled to a life, and who are you to say you can't have one, I mean why should we be able to play God?
If 'God' didn't want us to do it why doesn't 'he' stop us?
[Image: markee.png]
07-23-2006 12:14 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
If 'God' didn't want us to do it why doesn't 'he' stop us?

lol that makes no sense :P.

All I see abortion as is killing another life, and the only reason for having an abortion is either rape or if it may kill the mother. People should not have it for convenience, I mean which is more important your job or someone else's life?
07-23-2006 12:18 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: