What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your Views: The End of the World [Split]

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Well I don't beleive the end of the world will happen for millions of billions of years until the sun becomes big enough for it's gravity to pull us in.  Before then I'd think we would have taken over some other planet out there.

I would say that the most likely end of the planet we live on would be being engulfed by the sun.

The human race however would have moved on to other planets by that time.

Power hungry robots scare me, if i was a robot trying to annihilate the human race i would keep a family of scientists alive and make sure they reproduce so that someone could come up with a endless  battery for me.

But like humans robots will fight over who should be leader who should own what and in the end would have wars that could potentially destroy the robot "race". Just like we could destroy ours in the same way.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-25-2006 12:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
You are right i forgot to add something into it, ill say it again and correct it.

Did everyone know that if the earth moves 1 half of a  millimeter of its coarse that  the gravity would screw up and would not be able to stay on the ground.

You do know that gravity is caused by large mass? i would like to see some proof that moving the earth by .5mm will effect gravity

lmao, if you really saw that bit I highlighted on the Discovery channel, I will go to the "scientists" (read "noobs") and slap them about.

I'm in 6th year (ie, 16) and could tell you that gravity is caused by the size of the object. Everything "has" gravity. Since the Earth is big, we see its effects a lot more. Since the Sun is bigger, Earth orbits it.

It's not like some force that appears on the surface of the planet which you can move.

For those who care, the size of a "Gravity" (thats really bad wording) is properly known as the "Gravitational Field Strength", which is either measured in Newtons per Kilogram (how much force is applied per kilogram of mass) or simply meters per second squared (how fast an object accelerates towards the gravitational center).
On Earth (at sea-level), the gravitational field strength is 9.81 N/kg or m/s/s. So this means if you fall for 1 second, after that one second you will be travelling at 9.81m/s.

I think while the M.A.D. idea (mutally assured destruction - "you blow us to shit, we blow you to shit") still exists, we're not going to go firing nukes at each other.

This is also why I think a ban is a bad idea. If the USA and UK aren't allowed to have nukes, and all of a sudden Mr. Terrorist from God-Knows-Where finds some weapons-grade Uranium lying around, when he decides to blow us to shit, we have nothing to blow him to shit with.
Although, I suppose with some terrorists, us blowing them back up won't really bother them.  But then again, I doubt they'd want Terrorist Junior or that to die...

So yeah, threat of nukes = a good thing. Nukes going off = really, really bad.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-25-2006 09:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
i had a dream about the end of the world last night. and i didnt even read this thread, but i had a dream that me and my friend were on the beach and i looked back to the water and some huge splash was out in the water and then i started running holding her hand and then i looked back and there was a bigger one with some green flashes and some tsunamis were coming and my friend was running and i grabbed her back and i was like its no use running and then i hugged her and i was saying the lords prayer and shes like "wahts that gonna do?" and so she started running again and then she kinda dragged me while i was still saying it and the waves never went passed us so we all lived and yeah,...but in my dream it was kinda the end of the world :S
then i had another dream...haha :wink: hahaha

i just hope the end of the world is awesome and im sitll alive for it so i can see it all go down
07-26-2006 12:41 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
only women will survive after the alien invasion, but they will eventually get extinct, lack of reproduction..
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
07-26-2006 01:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
They can experiment with other living things (like animals) :P

jk.

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 02:27 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-26-2006 02:26 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
quote:
You are right i forgot to add something into it, ill say it again and correct it.

Did everyone know that if the earth moves 1 half of a  millimeter of its coarse that  the gravity would screw up and would not be able to stay on the ground.
Still doesn't make any sense if you use some common reasoning.

quote:
I made a mistakes and forgot to add one word in. You do not have to be rude. Everyone makes mistakes. Where i got this infomation from you all ask? i got it of the discovery channel.
You must of misheard something. I didn't understand everything in that post though. Think before you type please.

quote:
Did i ever say thats what happend to the dinosaurs? know i did not. And how do you know that the earth has been pushed a little bit already from the asteroid?
No, but you said that we should get rid of nuclear bombs because, when detonated, it would throw the Earth off course. Now, whatever made those crators (meteorites, comets, asteroids and what not) would have been much, MUCH bigger than any nuclear bomb explosion. So Earth would have been thrown off course by your facts. That's how I came about the "Discrate Theory".

quote:
And its not my theory i got it off the discovery channel. See you made a theory up that i got it off the top of my head. You are the joke.
Obviously you heard wrong. A real scientist knows better.

quote:
P.S linx05  you owe everyone 10 bucks i didnt call anyone a lier
Yeah, I'll do that the day you start giving proper facts instead of misconstruded "quotes" and 'hearsay'. Please stick to the cartoons and nursury rhymes if you must.

----------------

As to what I think will happen, we will consume all the Earths natural resources. We'll then be forced to live else where. Yeah I know, boring.

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 06:23 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
07-26-2006 06:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:

Still doesn't make any sense if you use some common reasoning.

quote:
I made a mistakes and forgot to add one word in. You do not have to be rude. Everyone makes mistakes. Where i got this infomation from you all ask? i got it of the discovery channel.
You must of misheard something. I didn't understand everything in that post though. Think before you type please.

quote:
Did i ever say thats what happend to the dinosaurs? know i did not. And how do you know that the earth has been pushed a little bit already from the asteroid?
No, but you said that we should get rid of nuclear bombs because, when detonated, it would throw the Earth off course. Now, whatever made those crators (meteorites, comets, asteroids and what not) would have been much, MUCH bigger than any nuclear bomb explosion. So Earth would have been thrown off course by your facts. That's how I came about the "Discrate Theory".

quote:
And its not my theory i got it off the discovery channel. See you made a theory up that i got it off the top of my head. You are the joke.
Obviously you heard wrong. A real scientist knows better.

quote:
P.S linx05  you owe everyone 10 bucks i didnt call anyone a lier
Yeah, I'll do that the day you start giving proper facts instead of misconstruded "quotes" and 'hearsay'. Please stick to the cartoons and nursury rhymes if you must.

----------------

As to what I think will happen, we will consume all the Earths natural resources. We'll then be forced to live else where. Yeah I know, boring.

Here we go calling me a lier saying i misheard the infomation. You say that about everything i say. Let me tell you i heard correctly. If you are going to make a b ig deal out of evertyhing i say and reply to everything i say being rude and saying im lieing and im wrong, please do no reply to my posts.
07-26-2006 06:54 AM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
Well, it would be much easier if you checked your facts before posting them, using something like Wikipedia. I find it helps when people try to prove me wrong :P.

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 07:05 AM by andrewdodd13.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-26-2006 07:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Your Views: The End of the World [Split]
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Well, it would be much easier if you checked your facts before posting them, using something like Wikipedia. I find it helps when people try to prove me wrong :P.

OMG they are not my facts!!!!! i am repeating what i heard on the discovery channel!

This post was edited on 07-26-2006 at 07:51 AM by Discrate.
07-26-2006 07:50 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
OMG they are not my facts!!!!! i am repeating what i heard on the discovery channel!

Then could you have possibly heard wrong?

Your *facts* would have to be wrong other wise it would have happened by now, i would say since the earths beginning we would have been knocked off course by at least 2cm. (i don't wana over exaggerate so i will leave it there. :P )

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
They can experiment with other living things (like animals) :P

jk.

:lol:      I can only imagine.... :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-26-2006 11:36 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version