What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!

Pages: (37): « First « 32 33 34 35 [ 36 ] 37 » Last »
7 votes - 4.43 average   Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Public Beta RELEASED!
There was a bug in the gdip class I wrote.

In the CaptureWindow_Fullscreen function the SystemArea.Top and SystemArea.Left are in the wrong order. Should be Left then Top not Top then Left.

Registry print screen key should allow you to use the (alt)+print screen key on your keyboard and it will then capture the image and open up the preview window.

Hotkeys cannot be used if they are already registered. Therefore you wont be able to set an already in use hotkey in the script. Only way a collision could occur is if the script isn't running when you assign the same hotkey. At that point when we load up we will warn the user that the hotkey is in use.

I like the idea. We could simply add some text in the window that says what function they are using.

The ability to change the type is available in the viewer but not yet in the preview window. These windows are going to be getting a complete overhaul which could see this being made available.

I want to add Window Position remembering so why not last folder. Not much code for that one.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
11-27-2010 06:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
V@no

sexy

RE: RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Public Beta RELEASED!
quote:
Originally posted by matty
There was a bug in the gdip class I wrote.

In the CaptureWindow_Fullscreen function the SystemArea.Top and SystemArea.Left are in the wrong order. Should be Left then Top not Top then Left.
Actually it's not it. It only fixes the extra black on the bottom (at least in my case). There is another issue when second monitor on left side: the virtual left corner is negative number (-1600 in my case). The problem is that GetSystemArea() function  returns complete set of coordinates, including proper width and height:
-1600, 0, 3200, 1200
But, CaptureWindow() generates it's own width/height using formula WIDTH - LEFT:  3200 - (-1600) = 4800

Replacing
Javascript code:
        this.ImageWidth = rect.ReadDWORD(8) - rect.ReadDWORD(0);
        this.ImageHeight = rect.ReadDWORD(12) - rect.ReadDWORD(4);

with something like this fixes that issue:
Javascript code:
        this.ImageWidth = bIsFullscreen && !bIsSelectedArea ? rect.ReadDWORD(8) : rect.ReadDWORD(8) - rect.ReadDWORD(0);
        this.ImageHeight = bIsFullscreen && !bIsSelectedArea ? rect.ReadDWORD(12) : rect.ReadDWORD(12) - rect.ReadDWORD(4);

But the counter still being cut off because it's displaying on second monitor which is shifted a few pixels down relatively to first monitor.
The only solution I could figure out is to use in functions.js these settings:
Javascript code:
        case 0 : _win32.SetWindowPos(hWnd, _win32._const._HWND_TOPMOST, 0,0,iWidth, iHeight, 0); break;
        case 1 : _win32.SetWindowPos(hWnd, _win32._const._HWND_TOPMOST, _win32.GetSystemMetrics(0) - iWidth, 0, iWidth, iHeight, 0); break;
        case 2 : _win32.SetWindowPos(hWnd, _win32._const._HWND_TOPMOST, 0, _win32.GetSystemMetrics(1) - iHeight, iWidth, iHeight, 0); break;
        case 3 : _win32.SetWindowPos(hWnd, _win32._const._HWND_TOPMOST, _win32.GetSystemMetrics(0) - iWidth, _win32.GetSystemMetrics(1) - iHeight, iWidth, iHeight, 0); break;
        case 4 : _win32.SetWindowPos(hWnd, _win32._const._HWND_TOPMOST, (_win32.GetSystemMetrics(0) /2) - (iWidth/2), (_win32.GetSystemMetrics(1) /2) - (iHeight/2), iWidth, iHeight, 0); break;

This ensures the counter being displayed on first monitor..

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Hotkeys cannot be used if they are already registered. Therefore you wont be able to set an already in use hotkey in the script. Only way a collision could occur is if the script isn't running when you assign the same hotkey. At that point when we load up we will warn the user that the hotkey is in use.
They might not be able do two actions, however I can set them in hotkey settings:
[Image: ss5hotkeys.png]
And there is no warning of any kind.

A little bug, when pressed ESC during timer, it kills the timer with this error:
quote:
Error: unknown (code: -2147418113)
       File: timer.js. Line: 16.
Function OnEvent_Timer returned an error. Code: -2147352567
After that delayed actions no longer working until script restart.

P.S.
Please add to hotkey action list delayed actions. It could be useful when you need capture a window with a context menu, or opened dropdown.

This post was edited on 11-27-2010 at 10:36 PM by V@no.
11-27-2010 09:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Public Beta RELEASED!
As you may already know, Mattias and I have been working Screenshot Sender 5.0 for quite a long time now. (Way too long actually...) Last year, we threw the first public beta version in the wild but after that, development slacked down again. We were determined to finish the script this summer and now we can say that we're close to the final release. We're both excited to announce that the second public beta version is ready for testing!

[Image: jwyhsd6v-logo.png] Screenshot Sender 5.0 Public Beta 2
[Image: tbpqs7ch-SS5.jpg]

What can you expect?
  • New ways to capture screenshots.
    Now you can also take screenshots by clicking on the window or selecting the window by its title.
  • A brand new design.
    The screenshot viewer and preview windows have a unique ribbon interface which provide a much better user experience. Make sure you check it out, they're sexy. :P
    For easier configuration, the preferences window has a breadcrumb navigation to quickly move between panels.
    We even threw in a new logo at no additional cost!
  • Leaner and meaner code.
    Almost all code has been rewritten in one way or another, resulting in the fastest version of Screenshot Sender to date.
Known issues:
  • Aero glass frames around windows cannot be properly captured for window-oriented screenshots.
    The Windows GDI dates from the pre-Vista era and doesn't play well with the Aero effects. Not much we can do about this.

Lastly we would like to thank everyone for the patience. This has been a long time coming. We know that this has been one of the more popular scripts. If all goes well with this final version we will remove the beta tag and submit the script to the database.

Cheers
- matty and Matti
  Screenshot Sender 5 development team

P.S.: In case you were wondering about the change in build number from 5.0.0070 to 5.0.0018: we moved to another subversion server and are now using the new repository's revision number as build number.

[Image: plsc.gif] File Attachment: screenshot_sender_5.0.0018_publicbeta2.plsc (343.24 KB)
This file has been downloaded 24 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-06-2011 at 06:12 PM by matty.
08-25-2011 04:51 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Public Beta 2 RELEASED (2011-08-25)!
Superb! Downloading!
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
08-26-2011 08:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Public Beta 2 RELEASED (2011-08-25)!
We're getting very close to the final release of Screenshot Sender 5.0. Today, we're pushing out the first release candidate and we're marking the script ready for translation.

[Image: jwyhsd6v-logo.png] Screenshot Sender 5.0 Release Candidate 1

This release candidate fixes a couple of bugs with the website links in the Language Preferences and About windows. It also comes with a few small translation changes, which brings us to the next point...

Calling all script translators!

We spent the last days working on the translator tools in order to make translating Screenshot Sender as painless as possible. You don't even need to know XML to make a translation, you can do everything inside our neat translator tool called Plus! XML Translator. This tool was originally created by me for my Countdown Live script and has been adapted to work with other scripts which use the same translation format, such as Screenshot Sender. If you're already familiar with translating Countdown Live, the following instructions should be familiar to you:
  • Download and install Plus! XML Translator 0.3.008.
  • Open Screenshot Sender's script directory (usually this is "C:\Program Files\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!\WLM-Scripts\Screenshot Sender").
  • Navigate to Languages > Translators and copy "empty.xml" (the empty translation file)
  • Paste a copy of that file in the Languages folder. Rename it to match the language code of your translation (e.g. "fr.xml" for French). This will be your translation file.
  • Open the script menu and choose Plus! XML Translator > Start translating.
    [Image: translator.png]

• Select the English translation from the Languages folder as original file.
  • Select your translation file from that same folder as translated file.
  • Select "profile.xml" from Languages > Translators as translation profile. This file contains all the information Plus! XML Translator needs to validate your translation and provide you with useful comments for each translation node.
  • Navigate through the tree view at the left to select a translation node. The original and translated version will appear at the right. This is where you can do the actual translating.
  • When you want to save your work, click Save. If you want to automatically save every changed node, check Auto-save.
  • The file paths are remembered when you close and reopen the window so you don't always have to reselect the files.
For more information about this tool as well as the latest version of it, head over to the Countdown Live project website.

Our goal is to have some quality translations included in the final release. Although we have a complete language downloading system, it's always better to have a few languages already packed in the script. We don't have a deadline for translations since we don't want translators to rush their work and deliver a sloppy translation. If for some reason we already pushed out the final version before your translation is done, don't worry, we'll still happily upload it to the languages repository and we can still include it in a future version.

Now go grab the release candidate and (hopefully) start translating! :)

.plsc File Attachment: ScreenshotSender_5.0.0019_20110906_RC1.plsc (359.33 KB)
This file has been downloaded 333 time(s).
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-06-2011 06:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
Would you mind moving juuust a few pixels the Hotkey box?

I'd like to fit "Tecla de Atalho:" right there. (I tested and 5 pixels is enough)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1016749]

BTW, the "Language       | Version" in the language download list cannot be translated. Is that ok?

.png File Attachment: (39.04 KB)
This file has been downloaded 579 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-07-2011 at 03:08 AM by Chancer.
09-07-2011 02:19 AM
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
And also, on the Screenshot Viewer:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1016750]

I need it to fit "Copiar para a área de transferência". Do you think this could be possible?
(Yeah, I know it's big AND ugly, but that's how we call it in Portguese :S)

Just as a suggestion, I don't think that 2nd separator is needed on the ribbon (and the same thing on the preview window). I mean, there's nothing on the right side to be separated from.

Apart of that, the Portuguese translation is done.

.png File Attachment: (44.3 KB)
This file has been downloaded 575 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-07-2011 at 02:49 AM by Chancer.
09-07-2011 02:45 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Downloading... I will see if I can check Spanish translation in my free time...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-07-2011 08:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Would you mind moving juuust a few pixels the Hotkey box?

I'd like to fit "Tecla de Atalho:" right there. (I tested and 5 pixels is enough)
quote:
I need it to fit "Copiar para a área de transferência". Do you think this could be possible?
All right, we'll make a bit more room there. :)

quote:
Just as a suggestion, I don't think that 2nd separator is needed on the ribbon (and the same thing on the preview window). I mean, there's nothing on the right side to be separated from.
We're just following the same ribbon style as in other Microsoft products, such as Word and Paint. Every ribbon group is contained in separators, including the last group in a tab. Besides, I still think it's better to have the separator for when the window gets wider.

quote:
BTW, the "Language       | Version" in the language download list cannot be translated. Is that ok?
Oh dear, I can't believe we missed that. That's a serious issue right there! :O

I just pushed out an update for all default translations in Screenshot Sender with the added translations for those columns. Here's how you can update your translation:
  • Grab the updated translation profile attached to this post and overwrite the old profile.
  • Get the updated English translation through Preferences > Language > Download Languages.
  • If you already started translating:
    • Open Plus! XML Translator as normally, with the updated English translation and translation profile. When the new profile is loaded, it should add a "Columns: Languages" group to "Window: PrefLanguageDownload" and mark it as "needing translation". Simply translate the two missing entries and save it. :)
  • If you have yet to start translating:
    • Get the updated empty translation through Preferences > Language > Download Languages. It will be downloaded to Screenshot Sender > Languages.
    • Make a copy of the empty translation and rename it to match the language code of your translation.
    • Follow the instructions in the previous post to start translating.
quote:
Apart of that, the Portuguese translation is done.
Awesome! When you're done, simply post it here or send me or matty a PM. ;)

.zip File Attachment: profile.zip (11.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 241 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-07-2011 at 11:23 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-07-2011 10:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
Here it is.

.rar File Attachment: pt.rar (4.88 KB)
This file has been downloaded 154 time(s).
09-07-2011 04:45 PM
Pages: (37): « First « 32 33 34 35 [ 36 ] 37 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: