What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!

Pages: (37): « First « 33 34 35 36 [ 37 ] Last »
7 votes - 4.43 average   Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Here it is.

Uploaded. You should see the language available in the download now. Thanks for your commitment to make this release the best ever!
09-07-2011 06:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
si3rra

i'm with stupid -->

41 / Male / Flag
RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
Im currently working on a Swedish translation for SS5. :)

And for now i got issue with the same two labels as "Chancer", they are both to short, when can we see an update of thoose? :)

This post was edited on 09-13-2011 at 07:10 AM by si3rra.
09-12-2011 12:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by si3rra
Im currently working on a Swedish translation for SS5. :)
Awesome! :D
quote:
And for now i got issue with the same two labels as "Chancer", they are both to short, when can we see an update of thoose? :)
I have increased the size of those labels in my local copy of the script, I can guarantee you that it will be in the next update. However, because those changes are relatively small and do not cause serious bugs, we'd like to wait a bit with releasing yet another release candidate. I've always thought of a release candidate having a good chance at actually becoming the release build, that's why I'd rather not push out a new candidate just for this.

For now, simply use the longer translation. When your translation is done and submitted to us, we'll make sure to test it for any problems. ;)

Another thing: I noticed that the translations for the preferences dashboard buttons (the five big buttons to open the different panels) can get quite long. If you notice that the button description gets too long, simply put a newline character (plus a space for indentation) in the description where you want the text to wrap. The dashboard buttons are large enough to contain up to three lines of text, so better make use of that. (I'll add a note in the translation profile for these buttons as well.)
This is also something we can test before uploading new translations and easily fix it ourselves if needed.

Long story short: don't worry about it too much, we'll check it before uploading. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-15-2011 08:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
V@no

sexy

Hello.
Acording to tags help popup the tags are a set of specific characters followed after "!". A common sense would suggest that each tag must be separate from each other, i.e.
my_screenshot_!yyyy!MM!dd_!HH!mm!ss
Unfortunately it's not correct, because current regexp will ignore every second tag followed after previous one, so the example above will produce:
my_screenshot_2011!MM01_!HH46!ss
The help popup also doesn't mention that the tags can be combined into one like so:
my_screenshot_!yyyyMMdd_!HHmmss
but still the result is not what expected:
my_screenshot_20111001_!HHmmss

The problematic regexp is in Classes/_session_images.js:
code:
        sFile = sFile.replace(/((?:^|[^\\])[\\]*)!(\w+|#)/g, function(sMatch, sBackslashes, sTag) {

Replacing it with this seems to cure the problem:
code:
        sFile = sFile.replace(/(\\*)!(\w+|#)/g, function(sMatch, sBackslashes, sTag) {

It also doesn't mention, that a tag can be canceled by double back slash (not sure why it has to be double?):
my_screenshot_!yyyy\\MMdd_!HHmmss
result:
my_screenshot_2011MMdd_235519

Now that I finally found a few minutes to test this script I see that you guys figured out a way to capture W7 Aero on most windows, well, at least no more black borders..so far... Just WLM chat windows still capturing in basic theme, but it's better then before (interesting though that the main WLM window captures with Aero...)

Well done!

This post was edited on 10-02-2011 at 07:07 AM by V@no.
10-02-2011 06:59 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by V@no
Acording to tags help popup the tags are a set of specific characters followed after "!". A common sense would suggest that each tag must be separate from each other, i.e.
my_screenshot_!yyyy!MM!dd_!HH!mm!ss
Unfortunately it's not correct, because current regexp will ignore every second tag followed after previous one, so the example above will produce:
my_screenshot_2011!MM01_!HH46!ss
I noticed this behaviour during testing as well but I couldn't come up with a decent solution. Clearly, the problem is in the look-ahead. Now that I look at it again, I found a much simpler fix which I attached to this post. The idea is that any preceding backslashes will be captured by the * and then it's just a matter of counting how many backslashes were captured to decide whether it's escaped or not. Then, instead of escaping in the tag parsing routine, the escaping is done in a separate replace routine.
quote:
The help popup also doesn't mention that the tags can be combined into one like so:
my_screenshot_!yyyyMMdd_!HHmmss
but still the result is not what expected:
my_screenshot_20111001_!HHmmss
I agree that it should mention that custom date tags can be combined in one tag, but it doesn't really matter that much. With the attached fix, both !yy!MM and !yyMM act exactly the same, so there's no real need for it. Perhaps in a future release? :P
quote:
It also doesn't mention, that a tag can be canceled by double back slash (not sure why it has to be double?):
my_screenshot_!yyyy\\MMdd_!HHmmss
result:
my_screenshot_2011MMdd_235519
That shouldn't happen indeed, the correct way would be to have a backslash escape the next character. If two backslashes follow each other, only one backslash should remain. This is now properly handled in the separate escaping routine in the attached fix.
In your case, that'd mean that my_screenshot_!yyyy\MMdd_!HHmmss translates into my_screenshot_2011MMdd_235519 as you would expect.

Try the attached fix and see if it works for you. :)

quote:
Now that I finally found a few minutes to test this script I see that you guys figured out a way to capture W7 Aero on most windows, well, at least no more black borders..so far... Just WLM chat windows still capturing in basic theme, but it's better then before (interesting though that the main WLM window captures with Aero...)
Aero is really a pain in the arse. As long as we're capturing the full screen, we get all Aero rendered properly but as soon as we're on the window-specific level, it gets glitchy. Sometimes it works on chat windows, sometimes it doesn't. Extended Aero glass frames never work, such as in Windows Explorer or Windows Media Player. Nothing we can really do about it, we're already happy that we can capture it from time to time. :P
quote:
Well done!
Thanks! :)

.txt File Attachment: __session_images_escapefix.txt (4.19 KB)
This file has been downloaded 275 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-02-2011 at 10:31 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-02-2011 10:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
V@no

sexy

Not that it matters, or has much effect on performance, but you don't need use [] brackets for a single character in regexp:
code:
/([\\]*)!(\w+|#)/g
is identical to:
code:
/(\\*)!(\w+|#)/g
I did a little benchmark, and in 1 sec first regexp was executed 180499 times, and second 185191 times (2.6% increase). Not much, but why not? ;)

or
code:
/[\\]+/g
vs
code:
/\\+/g
Benchmark: 316126 vs 326921 (3.4% increase)
10-02-2011 10:27 PM
si3rra

i'm with stupid -->

41 / Male / Flag
How is it with the ss5 development? stopped?
11-24-2011 11:34 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
Aero is really a pain in the arse. As long as we're capturing the full screen, we get all Aero rendered properly but as soon as we're on the window-specific level, it gets glitchy. Sometimes it works on chat windows, sometimes it doesn't. Extended Aero glass frames never work, such as in Windows Explorer or Windows Media Player. Nothing we can really do about it, we're already happy that we can capture it from time to time.

Wouldn't worry too much about that, Word can't get it right either else I'd be using the feature to do my assignment... I suppose that in its self can be used in my assignment ^o)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-24-2011 11:38 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
quote:
How is it with the ss5 development? stopped?
Well we released RC1 and since there are no real major bugs you could consider that version basically the final.

Matti's reply to Screenshot Sender 5 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED (2011-09-06)!
11-25-2011 01:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (37): « First « 33 34 35 36 [ 37 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: