What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility

Pages: (25): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
4 votes - 4 average   [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
Author: Message:
Anonymous1000

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
Still no ideas on what my problem could be guys?
07-11-2007 04:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
Anonymous, sounds like a problem with Plus and not the script since it isn't even getting to the script execution part.
[Image: clb2.jpg]
07-15-2007 12:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
maninweb

Grin  RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
Is it possible to auto add ip when ipget detect it?
or we can switch a option to trun on/off this function....
I think it's better then the log function...:D
thank u very much!!!(Y)
07-16-2007 02:24 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I tried the "fix" posted about upgrading WinPcap to the latest beta version but 'Direct Detection cannot be started' still appears. Odd.
07-17-2007 02:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
fayte7523

hey guys, this script is great. However, it's not being specific enough. I can only know up to the city. Street names r not displayed. Has anyone gotten success with showing street names? thx!
07-18-2007 10:49 AM
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
quote:
Originally posted by fayte7523
hey guys, this script is great. However, it's not being specific enough. I can only know up to the city. Street names r not displayed. Has anyone gotten success with showing street names? thx!

Umm, it is impossible to get the street names from an IP address. Most website just point you to the center of the city.
07-18-2007 05:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
Anonymous, sounds like a problem with Plus and not the script since it isn't even getting to the script execution part.
I disagree...

The error the script is giving in Anonymous' case is because it failed to properly install all the things it needs. This is a clear bug in the script, not in Plus!.

In that aspect it is a bit dirty what that script does. And it assumes too much things; takes too much things for granted. You need to check upon more things to make sure everything is installed properly if you depend on external 3rd party apps.

Also, please don't create stuff outside the scripting directory (eg: the maps Scripts_DLLs, Scripts_Sounds, etc...which btw weren't all created here either when I installed the script; so there is clearly something wrong in that). If more scripts started to do that it would become a huge mess. There's a reason why each script gets its own directory and why there is a ScriptFilesPath property.

If you can't overwrite files because they are in use you need a better/proper method to install DLLs. Which would also solve problems like Anonymous had.

just my 2 cents ;)

This post was edited on 07-22-2007 at 10:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2007 10:57 PM
cooldude_i06

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I disagree...

The error the script is giving in Anonymous' case is because it failed to properly install all the things it needs. This is a clear bug in the script, not in Plus!.

In that aspect it is a bit dirty what that script does. And it assumes too much things; takes too much things for granted. You need to check upon more things to make sure everything is installed properly if you depend on external 3rd party apps.

Also, please don't create stuff outside the scripting directory (eg: the maps Scripts_DLLs, Scripts_Sounds, etc...which btw weren't all created here either when I installed the script; so there is clearly something wrong in that). If more scripts started to do that it would become a huge mess. There's a reason why each script gets its own directory and why there is a ScriptFilesPath property.

If you can't overwrite files because they are in use you need a better/proper method to install DLLs. Which would also solve problems like Anonymous had.

just my 2 cents ;)

Cookie, I agree that it is messy to create folders outside, but I have no choice. IPGet no longer uses an ActiveX Dll, so the dll is no problem at all. It does however create a folder for the sound, but as I posted before, using a sound also makes your script irremovable. The only solution is to copy a sound outside the script folder and use that. If there is a way around it, I surely would implement it.

This post was edited on 07-23-2007 at 10:30 PM by cooldude_i06.
07-23-2007 10:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
It does however create a folder for the sound, but as I posted before, using a sound also makes your script irremovable.
I didn't looked in detail at the code yet, but using sounds shouldn't be a problem at all. I never encountered any problems removing scripts which use sound (in their own directory).

Anyways, the error Anonymous is experiencing shouldn't happen, even if stuff is created outside the script's install dir.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-24-2007 09:59 PM
Anonymous1000

Just to make sure I have been doing it right...I uninstalled all scripts, plus! and WML and then reinstalled the lot.Plus a newer version of WinCap just in case.

Still no IPGet...but now every time a contact tries to IM me or if I start a new convo it logs me out for some reason.....so now I have no idea at all.I can live with it,but I'd still like IPGet to work at least.

Still no advice?Cookie seems to be onto something.....................
07-28-2007 06:34 PM
Pages: (25): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: