What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » MVP Award - Hello Windows Live!

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
MVP Award - Hello Windows Live!
Author: Message:
(V)oribundenVampir

RE: MVP Award - Hello Windows Live!
Two things:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This is basicly what every piece of adware does, even what Messenger itself does!!
Very well said here. Let's not forget that Messenger itself contains ads and not just eventually, but ALL THE TIME. Except for the popups, what's the difference between MSN and MP concerning adware? :P By the way, Messenger is absolutely free and it doesn't require validation to download it (unlike other MS downloadable software).
But... obviously, these certain security CVP guys didn't mention that, who knows why...

quote:
The sponsor program is very easly detectable and it even has a clear and perfectly working (if not damaged by a third party) uninstaller. I don't see spyware doing that...

Not just that it lets you uninstall it, but it also gives you the choice not to install it in the first place. Spyware DOESN'T DO THAT EITHER AT ALL! If MP contained spyware, then what kind of spyware gives says "hey, I'm here to spy you but as I am very honest and kind, I'm gonna let you choose wether to install me or not, feel free to untick me during the installation and you'll get rid of me as if I never even existed".?? What kind of spyware could that be? Hahaha.

Cleeeeeear as water. And then another question arises: if there is a clear difference between spyware and the OPTIONAL adware included along with MP, then what kind of authority is Microsoft that cannot even defend his own MVP candidates???

This post was edited on 10-10-2006 at 04:39 AM by WDZ.
10-09-2006 11:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: