What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive »

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Exca
What can i say.. i guess you're right :)

i have beta 2, never installed it, and i never will.

Same, i downloaded it but feared installing it, lack of certain drivers and performance issues are not something most people could be bothered with really. I would imagine being a big company trying to make vista ready products are having a hard time.

I spose we will have to wait and see how buggy the release is, but i am sure Microsoft aren't stupid enough to release a overly bugy one, maybe a few minor things but nothing drastic. But maybe it is too soon, meh i won't be upgrading for a while.

EDIT: Also, Vista ain't guna be cheap is it. :undecided:

This post was edited on 08-05-2006 at 11:39 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-05-2006 11:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Yeah not to mention that the system requirements for Vista are way too exaggerated, also you are more like to have to get even more than what Vista needs to run because you still need to have something free to run other programs like Office, WLM, Messenger Plus!, etc.

A lot of people sure gonna need to buy a new computer or at least upgrade their existing ones and that is additional money to the one needed to buy the new OS

This post was edited on 08-05-2006 at 11:41 PM by dbgarza.
08-05-2006 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
I think Vista will end up like Win ME.

:(
08-05-2006 11:41 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by brian

:(

I hope not, ME sucked :(
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-05-2006 11:42 PM
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
tell me about it I had ME and several times I had to reinstall it all over again due to errors, but ever since I upgrade to XP my problems sure are over, my system runs smoothly and fast, sure my computer is not a Pentium 4 but the speed it has is pretty decent :P
08-05-2006 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Terry_K

– / Male / –
I agree with everyone else, Windows Vista needs more time.

I installed Windows Vista on a second partition on my computer and use it as my main OS (my other OS is Windows XP). Sure it has a few buggy behaviours, but I think most people here are quite pessimistic. Don't get me wrong, I think Patchou (and many others) know what they are on about.

I think that if someone doesn't have a reason (e.g. not a Developer, Technician or extremely eager to try the OS) to install Windows Vista Beta 2, then they shouldn't. Their computer works fine now and will for a few more years.

If Microsoft releases Vista too early, it will probably turn out like Windows XP (before SP1) did. If there are too many early adopters, this could be catastrophic for Microsoft. But i'm counting on the fact that if Windows Vista is released too early, not many people will upgrade at first anyway because people will be saying that their XP computers are fine just like in the days of 98 when XP was released. I hope this is the case for now.

Windows XP will be fine to use for a few more years so people who are happy with their computers need not to install Windows Vista. If you really want to get Windows Vista (or if you are using 2000 or earlier), wait for a few months and then use your good judgement.;)

This post was edited on 08-06-2006 at 06:32 AM by Terry_K.
Terry K
08-06-2006 06:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Too much preatty graphics and its to secure (wells trys to be) like I remember at one time it asked you 3 times if you were sure you wanted to delete a file.

Incorrect. This has been fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
And also every driver has to be signed with Microsoft

Incorrect, only the 64bit edition requires this. It is also not stupid as it forces proven drivers to be used. The most common problems causing slow system performance, problems and BSODs is dodgy drivers.

quote:
Originally posted by brian

Please guys, it may be buggy at the moment (considering its in beta) but its only buggy because theres so many new features and some parts of how Windows handles things has been completely recoded. Windows Vista is the biggest upgrade since NT. Have a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_Vista

This post was edited on 08-06-2006 at 06:45 AM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
08-06-2006 06:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fr@nKy

Mess.be Addicted

35 / Male / –
IMHO Vista isn't ready for public. It need more time. I'll get it once it gets released to get used to it for a few months before I build a new computer on Q3 2007 but I rather wait 3 more months for Vista than having Windows ME Part 2. I remember that my father installed ME and 4 days later he went back to 98SE :P Microsoft is still the leader but IMO I think that if they rush Vista and it has a lot of problems it can be the beggining of the end for Microsoft. For example I'm not using Ubuntu (or any othe Linux Distribution) because they dislike my computer (the current kernel and hardware detection system) but it will probably be fixed by the time Vista comes out and dual-boot with Vista may be a fair option for me ;)
[Image: Signature.png]
08-06-2006 02:48 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Note: don't misinterpret my news post... I do think Vista will be a great OS, I just think it needs more time from its current state to the first public release. Without such time, the quality wont be what it's supposed to be and I'm afraid we'll hear a lot more complains than praises. And once people go back to XP, it will be pretty hard to make them move again.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-06-2006 04:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I have Windows Vista Beta 2 on my second partition and if I say so myself I really like it :P (excluding the fact I can't get Flip3D working :sad:). I mean it looks good and does stuff, but I think it is still far from release....if it is rushed....it will suck...if it is not rushed..it will still suck but less :P

* prashker hates the Continue button now for Vista making me click it so many different times :(
08-06-2006 04:25 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: