What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 911 version 2 prevented?

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
911 version 2 prevented?
Author: Message:
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
RE: 911 version 2 prevented?
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
To stop all the attacks in america and the uk, they should stop all muslims coming into the countrie for about 3 years and that will stop the attacks.
wtf? , you want to exclude people based on their beliefs? ... they aren't all terrorists
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
08-11-2006 06:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 911 version 2 prevented?
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
To stop all the attacks in america and the uk, they should stop all muslims coming into the countrie for about 3 years and that will stop the attacks.
wtf? , you want to exclude people based on their beliefs? ... they aren't all terrorists
so.. raise canadas average IQ by stoping american from coming up, or ...control the UK and US beaver and maple syrup populaiton by not allowing canadians in?

thats discrimination and if we do that, we no better then the ones with teh bombs

This post was edited on 08-11-2006 at 06:33 AM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6620 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes, 33 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-11-2006 06:28 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
quote:
so.. raise canadas average IQ by stoping american from coming up, or ...control the UK and US bever and maple syrup populaiton by not allowing canadians in?

thats discrimination and if we do that, we no better then the ones with teh bombs

But it would work.
[Image: top.gif]
08-11-2006 06:36 AM
Adeptus

This is much less of an incident than the big deal the media and the U.K./U.S. authorities have made of it.  I certainly do not feel the knee-jerk airport security response and the endless press coverage, sometimes calling it "the big one", are warranted.

First of all, the explosive mixed in toilet, using some unspecified peroxide substance and a "British sports drink" as many sources suggest, doesn't sound like anything serious.   Unless the British have sports drinks formulated for Bender the Robot, it is hard to see how that could amount to more than the Menthos experiment.

Secondly, it is reported that this group had been infiltrated by  British intelligence for quite a while.  Make no mistake -- it is not like we learned of the plot when we caught them at an airport security checkpoint yesterday. 

They have been followed for quite a while and were arrested when there was sufficient evidence.  It is possible that the infiltrating intelligence officers were active contributors to the "plot" and they certainly were on top of it.  This is hardly a justification to disrupt the air traffic system by enacting some "emergency" security mandate in "response" to something the government has been following for months.

Lastly, the timing of this revelation couldn't be more convenient for two countries unconditionally backing Israel -- and, no doubt, hoping for a press diverson, right about now.
08-11-2006 06:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm terrified, I'm flying on both Sunday and Monday, it sucks. I bought an iPod so I could watch it on the plane over to Canada (because the flight is quite lengthy) and now I can't even take that... I can't even take a damn book!

It's good at how cautious they're being, apparently it's currently the safest time to fly because of all of the extra security, that makes sense.
08-11-2006 06:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 911 version 2 prevented?
quote:
quote:

About 2% are not muslims and yes i i think they should. They are killing people for there beliefs so exclude them. Let them stay in there own countries.

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

or they could deport you.

I don't live in america or the uk :dodgy:

This post was edited on 08-11-2006 at 06:41 AM by Discrate.
08-11-2006 06:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 911 version 2 prevented?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'm terrified, I'm flying on both Sunday and Monday, it sucks. I bought an iPod so I could watch it on the plane over to Canada (because the flight is quite lengthy) and now I can't even take that... I can't even take a damn book!

It's good at how cautious they're being, apparently it's currently the safest time to fly because of all of the extra security, that makes sense.
your telling me, my fiancee is coming over on monday...
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6620 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes, 33 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
08-11-2006 06:42 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

your telling me, my fiancee is coming over on monday...

Well it looks like the terrorists are doing there job.
[Image: top.gif]
08-11-2006 06:43 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
First of all, the explosive mixed in toilet, using some unspecified peroxide substance and a "British sports drink" as many sources suggest, doesn't sound like anything serious.   Unless the British have sports drinks formulated for Bender the Robot, it is hard to see how that could amount to more than the Menthos experiment.
Here's an excerpt from an ABC News article that makes their plan sound plausible...

quote:
The plotters planned to leave the top of each bottle sealed and filled with the original beverage, but add a false bottom filled with the explosive. The volatile mixture would have been dyed to match the color of the beverage.

Sources say the suspects believed this would guarantee them safe passage through security, even if they were ordered to sip the beverage to prove it was harmless, sources said.

The flash in a disposable camera, the plotters apparently believed, would have enough power to trigger the homemade explosive.

Experts say there are a number of homemade or easily modified commercial explosives that could have enough power to damage or destroy a jetliner.
08-11-2006 07:09 AM
leachy08

Some facts -

All 24 of the people arrested were british.

People with babies and babies bottles need to taste the drink before they get on.

The Ministry of defence has been tracking this group for over 7 months.

This date was not linked in anyway to 9/11

The ministry of defense has stated a level "Critial" which is the top level. Most business's have been told they will not need to change their stage of security but be more vigilant.

Hand luggage is down to a minimum. These items are Passport Babies Nappies, food, drinks wallet etc.

All hand luggage must be in clear plastic bags at all times.
08-11-2006 07:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: