What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)

Pages: (19): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)
Author: Message:
MoonGoose

– / Male / –
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135)
I've translated this script into Norwegian (norsk) and here is the.ini-file.

.ini File Attachment: Norsk.ini (14.67 KB)
This file has been downloaded 370 time(s).
10-18-2006 07:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dienekes

need a little help with "Countdown Live"
Hi!

I really like the idea with this script but there is a thing i want to know; Is there a way to change the "and" word in the countdown? I'm trying to change it through the codes for hours now but i just couldn't (the reason is my "perfect(!)" code knowledge i think :) ) . I just want the script to countdown in my language completely, not like 8 blabla and 7 blabla, but like 8 blabla bla 7 blabla :D

Thanks!
01-16-2007 11:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: need a little help with "Countdown Live"
You don't need to alter code at all...
So first reinstall the script so changes are undone.

Just go to the script's preferences (Plus! icon > Countdown Live > Preferences) and change the string which makes up the countdown tag:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=779153]

;)

PS: if you have questions about a script, always search the forum for existing threads about that script and post in that existing thread. Don't create a new thread for it... in this case: "[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)"

.png File Attachment: image11.png (50.22 KB)
This file has been downloaded 998 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-17-2007 at 07:09 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-17-2007 07:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hubbie

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)
I seem to have a strange kind of bug...

Whan i choose the date 9 feb 2007 and click OK the time jumps to 9 march 2007 :o

Removed the script and installed it again!

The same behaviour... 8o|

Annyone else?

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254
Countdown Live 1.0.140

This post was edited on 01-31-2007 at 11:53 AM by hubbie.
01-31-2007 11:22 AM
P4R4D0x

How does the singulars and plurals work?
Does it just change the matching text found in the 'tag' field?
10-10-2007 02:06 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)
quote:
Originally posted by hubbie

Whan i choose the date 9 feb 2007 and click OK the time jumps to 9 march 2007 :o

Annyone else?

Countdown Live 1.0.140
Very strange, I remember having trouble with the dates but I can't seem to replicate this on my Vista. It's been more than a year I worked on this script, and it's not easy to work on multiple projects at once. I can't test this anymore in XP because all PCs at home are upgraded to Vista, so I can't help you at the moment. When I find some time, I'll try to look at it.

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
For example, for days, the script looks for %dw in the tag field and then checks the amount of days. If it's 1, it uses the singular, if it's something else (not 1), it uses the plural. That means it can give you "1 day", "0 days" or "3 days", just like it should be. ;)

This post was edited on 10-10-2007 at 02:53 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-10-2007 02:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
P4R4D0x

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by hubbie

Annyone else?

Countdown Live 1.0.140
Very strange, I remember having trouble with the dates but I can't seem to replicate this on my Vista. It's been more than a year I worked on this script, and it's not easy to work on multiple projects at once. I can't test this anymore in XP because all PCs at home are upgraded to Vista, so I can't help you at the moment. When I find some time, I'll try to look at it.

quote:
For example, for days, the script looks for %dw in the tag field and then checks the amount of days. If it's 1, it uses the singular, if it's something else (not 1), it uses the plural. That means it can give you "1 day", "0 days" or "3 days", just like it should be. ;)
Yer, I know what that all means, but what i'm asking is, is all I have to do is put days in the tag field for that to funstion correctly?
10-14-2007 11:59 AM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Very good script, but it really needs an option to disable the annoying toast saying that the countdown/countup is activated/deactivated.
[Image: signature.php]
12-31-2007 04:16 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)
quote:
Yer, I know what that all means, but what i'm asking is, is all I have to do is put days in the tag field for that to funstion correctly?
You simply have to place %dw in the tag to make the right unit appear. E.g.:
code:
%d %dw to go...
can give you:
quote:
5 days to go...
1 day to go...
0 days to go...
depending on the day value. The position of the %d and %dw doesn't matter, in fact, you don't even have to use both. But that wouldn't make much sense...
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Very good script, but it really needs an option to disable the annoying toast saying that the countdown/countup is activated/deactivated.
Yes, there you have a good point. I can assure you that there won't be any annoying toasts anymore in the upcoming version. :)

And with that being said, I'll give you a new year present. No, not the new Countdown Live, unfortunately. We're still testing that thing. However, I shall already tell you what you can expect in this new release.

The following features will be included in the next version of Countdown Live, version 2.0:
  • A brand new design - Designs are very temporarily. When you design something cool, you may find it boring only a month later. Therefore, I found I had to redesign this script too. No teasers at the moment, that's for the official release which I hope I can get done by the end of this week.
  • Improved countdown system - Honestly, I never liked my own countdown calculating system. There were simply so many flaws with it, such as wrong dates or negative values. Also, it sometimes simply failed to place the countdown in the right spot. I've spent the last month to find ways to improve the system, and I think the result is great. A lot of credit goes to my testers, who helped me to find problems and reported them to me. There are still things I might want to change, but thanks to my script updater system I can fix that later too. :P
  • Countdown preview - You'll be able to see exactly how your countdowns will look in your name, personal message and media message right in the Preferences window. This was already a feature in the last version, but I can assure you that what you'll see is far cooler than what the current version has now! ;)
  • Multiple countdowns - Sometimes, you want to have a countdown to two dates, such as Christmas and new year, at the same time. In Countdown Live 2, you will be able to do just that!
  • Upgrade support - Although you'll only have to use this feature once, it may just save you 2 minutes configuring your settings. Countdown Live 2 will attempt to port your preferences from version 1 to version 2 and will make the necessary adjustments to them. It's recommended that you take a look at the preferences when you install the new version, since a lot of new features will still need to be configured.
  • Actions on countdown end - One thing that users should take in account is that there'll be two tags for each countdown. One will be used for counting down, the other one for counting up. This is because you will be able to choose whether to set a finish message, such as "Happy new year!", at countdown end or to start counting up with another tag. This may sound confusing, but the layout will make sure that everything is understandable. And you always have your preview to make sure everything is working properly! ;)
  • ...and much more! - Countdown Live 2 was built from scratch. Everything has been revised and better ways of coding things have been used to make the upcoming release as fast and reliable as possible. Some interesting new features were added, but I don't want to let you know everything just yet because that would spoil the fun of the release I guess.
There you go, I hope I've mentioned the most important part of the upcoming features. Beta testing is nearing its end, and then it'll be up to my team of translators to get some translations done for the first release. This will allow users to find their language right at the installation. And then, when that's done, you can expect the final release VERY soon! ;) (maybe I'll update the site too... one day.)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
12-31-2007 04:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Yes, there you have a good point. I can assure you that there won't be any annoying toasts anymore in the upcoming version. :)
Please do not remove it!

Make it into an option if you wish, but don't remove it. I don't find such a toast which only pops up when you actually activate/deactive it not annoying at all. It even informs me if everything went ok or not (especially on start up).

If it is annoying, Vilkku, don't hit the activate/deactivate button each second then :p (j/k)....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2007 05:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (19): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: