What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
"Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
Author: Message:
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
its likely a conflict between the WMP for WLM Plugin and the SRS Plugin
09-10-2006 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please,
quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
its likely a conflict between the WMP for WLM Plugin and the SRS Plugin

Well, I really think this is not the case. Simply because I'm using, since about a week, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player 11 with the SRS Plugin installed without any kind of problem, error or bug!

But if I install Messenger Plus! Live, that bug will appear again!

Please, moderators, Plus! Staff or anyone who can inform this bug for the creator of Messenger Plus! Live, help me! Let's try to solve this bug! It's pretty hard to use Windows Live Messenger without Plus! just because it's causing an error with the SRS Plugin, that's is so much great!

Thank you all for the patience and for the help!

This post was edited on 09-10-2006 at 03:45 PM by viniciusrsouza.
09-10-2006 03:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel
Any news about any new version of Messenger Plus! Live?

It's really hard to use Messenger and can't use Messenger Plus! Live... =/
10-09-2006 04:38 AM
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel
New version is out!

I will test it and inform you all about this bug and if it's solved or not!

In my opinion, as the creator probably would never be here to read our problems, I think it's NOT solved. But, anyway, I still have hope...
11-12-2006 02:19 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
I do read about everybody's problem and I did read about yours a month ago. If the new version doesn't fix your problem, please send me an email at mplus@patchou.com after verifying that it really is the combination of both Plus! Live and your SMS plugin that causes the error (meaning that uninstalling one or the other always solves the problem).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-12-2006 03:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
Thanks and sorry about my comment. It was due to my lack of information about any help for this bug and due to the huge number of problems here, as, in my opinion, it would be so much difficult to follow all requests made here.

And, well, now I can say without any doubt that Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta and Windows Media Player 11 using "SRS WOW XT" plug-in are workin absolutely fine WITHOUT Messenger Plus! Live 4.10, which I did not installed yet! What I'm sure is that Windows Live Messenger 8.0 and Windows Media Player 11 using "SRS WOW XT" plug-in work fine together WITHOUT Messenger Plus Live 4.01 also. The fact is that, until last version, Messenger Plus! Live was causing the crash, as unnistalling it simply solves the problem.

Now I will test Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and this new version of Messenger Plus! Live and check it with SRS WOW XT plug-in for Media Player! Now I'm using both WLM 8.1 and SRS WOW XT and everything is perfect! Now I will check what happens using Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 and if there is any kind of conflict between them.

Patchou, do you want SRS WOW XT to test it together with Messenger Plus! Live? It's a pretty simple and small plug-in that really makes Windows Media Player sound quality so much better! It's a must use plug-in if you like Windows Media Player, specially the most recent one, the  Windows Media Player 11 version!

I will send to your e-mail right now! Please, notify me when you receive it, as I can send you again if necessary!

Thanks for the help...

...sorry about this long text!
11-13-2006 02:53 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the email, I'll check thaqt out. Meanwhile, please do the tests you can and post the results here so that it can be useful to more people :). I'll install the plugin myself and see what I can do with it.
11-13-2006 08:03 AM
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
Ok! Enjoy it! It's a really good plug-in!

Until this moment I didn't fing any conflict between MPL and SRS plug-in. Everything seems to be fine.

I just didn't discover yet what happened to my Windows Media Player disable all plug-ins, as was happening before! I didn't see any error when closing Messenger and any kind of message was displayed by Media Player notifying me about any error and that the plug-ins were disabled due to oa problem! Quite strange... =/

Anyway, I will make more and more tests!

=================================

Edit:

Oh! And please, use it with Messenger 8.0 and the previous version of Messenger Plus! Live, as you will understand what's happening!
Well, I'm sorry... the problem was NOT solved! =/

I confirmed right now that Windows Media Player is still disabling all plug-ins when you use SRS WOW XT for WMP and Messenger Plus! Live together. The unique difference is that no error message appears when you close Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta, but when you have Messenger Plus! Live installed and listen to musics using SRS for Media Player, in the next time you open Windows Media Player you will be notified that Media Player was not closed correcty and, due to that, all plug-ins were disabled!

Well, at least I think that the problem is not so huge right now, as Messenger does not inform anything about any problem (as last version did), but is obvious that something "inside" Messenger Plus! Live is conflicting with this Windows Media Player plug-in when they work together!

If you use just Media Player or just Messenger, nothing happens. But if you use them together, than you will see the bug! And Note that the problem just appears when you close Media Player and open it again!

That's all that I can say and detail. Patchou, if you use Skype and want to talk about this and more details, can you add me? I can send my Skype ID to you by e-mail. Using voice is better!

Bye!

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 02:02 PM by viniciusrsouza.
11-13-2006 01:50 PM
viniciusrsouza

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help!
I just sent an e-mail to you Patchou. If you didn't receive it, please inform me here!

Bye! Thanks for the attention and for the help.
11-14-2006 10:17 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Thank you for the emails and all the explanations.

I've installed the plugin and tried my best to produce an error with both Messenger 8.0 and 8.1 without any success, everything keeps working fine. Can anyone else here try and post the results here? Thanks.
11-16-2006 06:21 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: