What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their Log)

[Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their Log)
Author: Message:
artfuldodga

O.P. [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their Log)
I need a script where I can type for example:

!lastsent - and the contact in turn, would reply the last X number of lines (they choose in the script to be the MAX replied) that they had sent to me, from my own log file specificly saved on their system.

!lastrecv - the contact would reply the last X number of lines that they had received from me.

(no special characters... no colors, just the text, although if colors etc can be included, go for it)

This would be handy. Many times  Messenger could crash, or whatever.. you have to sign out suddenly and somebody may of sent you a Message.. just as you SignOut .. and you never end up getting that last Message. Whatever the reason, it would be ideal to have

Enable the script on your own Plus! Addon, set the Max number of lines you want to reply to everybody who requests !lastsent !lastrecv.. etc

Security to keep in mind is that, the script should only reply from the logs between you and your Contact of course.

* I don't know how difficult this will be to make :)

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 10:49 PM by artfuldodga.
08-25-2006 07:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their
Big problem which makes this script impossible to make when you base your stuff on the logs themselfs: messages are not saved instantly to the logs, they are saved at intervals.

In other words: the last messages send and recieved may not even be in the logs yet at the time you invoke the command...

The script should keep track of messages itself and not depend on the log files at all.

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 11:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-25-2006 11:32 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their Log)
This was changed in Plus! Live Cookie, each message is saved to the log as it is sent/recieved not at a specific interval.
08-26-2006 02:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
artfuldodga

O.P. RE: [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their
Oh well, lets hope someone can come up with somethng :)
08-26-2006 03:11 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Remotely View your Contacts Last Sent / Received Messages (Using their
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
This was changed in Plus! Live Cookie, each message is saved to the log as it is sent/recieved not at a specific interval.
Actually no, messages aren't saved instantly but still after a variable interval (although way shorter interval as in Plus!3). I experienced delays from 15 up to 30 seconds.

This post was edited on 08-31-2006 at 03:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2006 03:18 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: