What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » half sound?

half sound?
Author: Message:
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. half sound?
hey,
i have recently been running my DJ equipment in my bedroom to get a volume i love. i have the cablse to channel my computer into my decks on though to my amp then onto the speakers.
all was fine - no problems.
but now, i can only get sound to 1 half of my speaker system. it isnt the decks/amp/speakers because they are all fine and i have tested the computer with my other speakers (for the computer) and a set of headphones, all to prove the same problem.
i have checked my windows sound settings to ensure the settings were'nt weirdly changed to come through only one side of the speakers, and also checked the settings in "SoundMAX" (my onboard sound card drivers)
could i possibly have damaged the motherboard somehow, i have tested using both the front and rear ports of my computer only to get the same results)
it wouldnt surprise me if my motherboard has been damaged - after all...i have had 2800 watts of volume playing in a bedroom- with a hollow floor beneath me and the bass full, with my monitors bouncing off my desk and everything falling/moving. so i know its possible i damaged my sound card.
any suggestions on things to test to find out though?
thanks.
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
08-27-2006 01:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
RE: half sound?
Just take all the ports out and blow in the holes to get all off the excess dust, and take out the soundcard, and blow in the pci slots. If still no joy, take in mind the cables might be faulty + the plug on the end maybe faulty. Only yesterday my dad bought a pair of headphones and the plug on the end was fualty so he cut it off and stripped it and soldered on a new one (How the hell he did it was beyond me :P) and working fine now.

Try twisting the plug when its in  the soundcard, and it may just crackle and then everything will worl then it is because of either the soundcard and/or the wire.

* Nathan waits for Cookie Revised :P
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-27-2006 02:37 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
It seems to me that he infers it is an onboard card... which is probably fuxored because it is not prepared for that output.....
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-27-2006 02:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: half sound?
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
and take out the soundcard,
its an onboard one cant take it out

quote:
take in mind the cables might be fault
no definatly not. im using over £100's worth of cables in all, all the ones i use when DJing (proffesional eqwuipment) and i have tried different headphones (including my work ones) and other speakers. deffinatly isnt the cables

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
which is probably fuxored because it is not prepared for that output.....
i agree i might have fuxered it. but, as for not being able to output that amount it should be ok - because it outputs as normal and it runs through my amp to increase the volume to a stunning 2800 watts with added bas s(enhanced from my mixer) but, the bouncing of everything on my desk (inclduing my computer and monitors) may have caused some connectors to brake. just seems weir dits the ones for the sound and nothing else

This post was edited on 08-27-2006 at 02:46 PM by DJKAL.
08-27-2006 02:43 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

36 / Male / Flag
try getting a sound card from somewhere to try out, if it works ok then you just need a new sound card, which are pretty cheap for a decent one =p
08-27-2006 03:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
I could send you one DJKAL, its not amazing one. Its pretty old but it defiantly works.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-27-2006 03:28 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
oh, and 2800 at half the volume seems hell of a lot to me =/
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-27-2006 04:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

oh, and 2800 at half the volume seems hell of a lot to me =/
it is!!
but they are'nt 'normal' speakers - tey aer the speakers i use for DJing and have prevoiously been uised to accompany over 300 people and still loud. they aren't quiet ;)

quote:
I could send you one DJKAL, its not amazing one. Its pretty old but it defiantly works.
for free? (A)or how much will it cost me?
08-27-2006 06:08 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
trust me, i have. i use them for DJing.
between 3 speakers it is 2800 watts. 2x1200 and 1x400.
i know it doesnt do my hearing any good - which is why i have a constant 'squeeling' that is really annoying when there is no other noise to over ride it. (music/cars/people/etc) and i am also partially deaf - hence why i run it louder...so i can still get the same volume for me - just has to be louder for other people. the amp starts to kick in properly when the mixer is on '4'(out of 10) and i often run it at that (when there is no one else at home) sometimes a little more. but as it is a bedroom i do need to turn the bass down on the mixer (in general i have it at full) because it makes to much shake. when i go DJing i have it on full - certain songs i turn the bass down. but this is off topic. i just want to know why my Pc is playing up.
08-27-2006 07:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: