What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
Author: Message:
ubisoft4me

– / Male / –
RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
In order to get it to work for 64bit you need to change:

code:
"REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live" /v AppDir 2>NUL | FINDSTR REG_SZ > TEMP.BAT"
with
code:
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live" /v AppDir 2>NUL | FINDSTR REG_SZ > TEMP.BAT
08-13-2008 09:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jasmiester

I get the error:

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." when i try to run the batch file..

Ive tried renaming the file.. but it wont the .html always exist?..

Can anyone help me with solving this problem please :)..

Thanks a lot!
12-31-2008 07:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jasmiester

bumppp?
01-07-2009 01:05 PM
marcosetorresc

I had the same problem and after going through the whole batch found the following:

Line 42 "SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~18%" defines the variable %LOGVIEWER% after extracting the Path for Log Viewer.exe from the registry. This value comes in the form     "AppDir    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\"
When it runs "SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~18%" it is truncating the first 18 characters of the string, leaving it as  "SZ    C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\" when it should be leaving it as "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\".

How to solve this?

Since I don't exactly by how many characters it will differ on each case, here is a generic procedure:

- Open 2 shell windows (Start>Run and type cmd) (do this twice)
- Go to the directory where you will be running the batch from
- Type "edit Decryptall.bat"
- Find these two lines:
"CALL TEMP.BAT
DEL TEMP.BAT 2>NUL"
-Insert a PAUSE in between this two lines, it should look like this:
"CALL TEMP.BAT
PAUSE
DEL TEMP.BAT 2>NUL"
- Now save the script and run it
- You will get an message asking you to press a key ton continue (means you just hit the pause)
- On you second shell window (and being in the same directory where your batch is) type the following command "TYPE TEMP.NAT" (no, is not a typo or a mistake, I repeat, the command is "TYPE TEMP.BAT")
-This will show you exactly what is being executed to decrypt each file. The first line should say "@Echo Off". The second line, in order for the decrypter to work, MUST SAY "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" and a buch of other stuff. But we care about the beginning of the line. This line must begin with a " and then the path for thelog viewer....whatever space or other characters must go!
-Now, count how many characters (including spaces) are in excess right after the quotation marks (the marks must stay).
- You must edit again your Decryptall.bat. in the following way:
Let's say you counted an extra 6 characters, then add that number to 18 (remember the weird command atthe beginning?) and substitute the 18 for that number. In this case, you would change 18 for 24.
- Run your batch again. If you get the same error it means you miscounted the characters. You may have still some extra characters or you might have truncated more thant you should.

In any case, repeat until you get the line to look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe"

NOTE: I am assuming you used the default instaltion path for Messenger Plus. If you change that, you need to match this path with the Key on the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live

Hope this is more helpful than confusing!

01-23-2009 09:04 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
quote:
Originally posted by marcosetorresc
I had the same problem and after going through the whole batch found the following:

Line 42 "SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~18%" defines the variable %LOGVIEWER% after extracting the Path for Log Viewer.exe from the registry. This value comes in the form     "AppDir    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\"
When it runs "SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~18%" it is truncating the first 18 characters of the string, leaving it as  "SZ    C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\" when it should be leaving it as "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\".
The problem is that the REG command in Vista will convert tabs to 4 spaces instead of leaving tabs to be tabs. So, the REG command does not output exactly the same thing as in XP for which these batch files were created.
quote:
Originally posted by marcosetorresc
How to solve this?

Since I don't exactly by how many characters it will differ on each case, here is a generic procedure:

[SNIPPED]
Instead of doing all that you simply need to replace the line:
code:
SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~18%

with the lines:
code:
SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:<tab>=<4spaces>%
SET LOGVIEWER=%LOGVIEWER:~24%
where:
<tab> must be replaced with a TAB character.
<4spaces> must be replaced with 4 spaces.

---

Also note that there are a lot more ceavats in these batch files. They are designed for XP, not for Vista. Whenever I have the time I'll update them to the newer versions (which will tackle/fix a lot more problems which you could encounter when you run this on Vista).

This post was edited on 01-25-2009 at 12:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-23-2009 11:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Sorry for shameless bump... anyways.... The batch files are updated.

They aren't as finished as I like them to be, but it has been a very very long time since previous update and the new versions were just sitting in a dark corner at my HDD rusting away waiting to be tested for more than a year. And since I don't know when I'll find the time to continue, I'll put them here as-is.

They should already fix most of the (rare) problems you might encounter.

;)

Remember: if you lost your password there is no way to retrieve it. Not with these batch files, not with any other tool, it is impossible!

This post was edited on 01-25-2009 at 12:49 AM by CookieRevised.
01-25-2009 12:44 AM
jasmiester

Whats the difference between the EncryptAll file and the EncryptAll_COMMENT file?
01-25-2009 11:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
quote:
Originally posted by jasmiester
Whats the difference between the EncryptAll file and the EncryptAll_COMMENT file?
EncryptAll_COMMENTED.bat

and
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What's new:

v3.x:

A hell of a lot. Including a lot of fixes and workarounds for various (rare) situations. Piping is now supported. Vista compatibility. 64-bit compatibility (though not tested). A lot of batch 'tricks' and other far less known methods are used in these batch files.

Commented version included which explains a bit why some stuff is done in a particular way and not in an 'easier', better known and often used way.

v2.x: More friendly UI and a bit more streamlined to work in more situations.

v1.x: First very simple version. Quick 'n dirty, for Tebb...

and
code:
code from EncryptAll.bat and DecryptAll.bat
REM For detailed comments see EncryptAll_COMMENTED.bat
There is no difference except for the included comments.

This post was edited on 01-26-2009 at 02:42 PM by CookieRevised.
01-26-2009 02:38 PM
Cut

thx! it's really useful!
04-19-2009 06:18 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

If you can't remember your password, there is NO way to decrypt your logs, with any tool.[/list]

Not sure if this is 100% true. Before anyone trys to contact me:

1: I have no idea if it is true or not.
2: I dont have the tool.

And no; Neither me and im sure Cookie will NOT provide a alternative method to do it.
04-26-2009 02:21 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: