What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
Author: Message:
Tebb

O.P. About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
Hello to all, first off, excuse my poor english, I hope you all can understand me.

The problem that I have is that when I unselect the option to not encrypt the logs anymore, the new logs aren't encrypted, but the old logs are still encrypted.

I just want them to be plain txt files again, is it possible? (I have the password fot them...)

Thanks in advance!! I hope someone can help me!
09-05-2006 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
The best way to do this is open the old logs and copy and paste the content into a new text document.  I don't think there is a way to convert them to not have a password anymore.
[Image: markee.png]
09-05-2006 11:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tebb

O.P. RE: About uncrypting logs (i've got password!)
Well, that would be a pain... got a lot of logs ://

I guess there should be a way, I wasn't told that if I encrypted logs I wouldn't be able to uncrypt them later ://
09-05-2006 12:13 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note: for those interested in creating some automateds tool to manipulate encrypted log files, try to launch the log viewer application with "/?" as command line parameter.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-05-2006 12:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tebb

Uh, then it wouldn't be that hard, right?

It would be just an application that will search for .ple on a folder and sub folders and execute everytime the program with the command...

The bad thing is that I don't know any language like VB or C... :/
09-05-2006 12:43 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I'll look into this tonight.

Edit: Or Cookie will beat me to it :P

This post was edited on 09-05-2006 at 03:59 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-05-2006 03:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tebb
Uh, then it wouldn't be that hard, right?

It would be just an application that will search for .ple on a folder and sub folders and execute everytime the program with the command...

The bad thing is that I don't know any language like VB or C... :/
You can also make a VBScript- or JScript-script in Windows itself, you can make a Plus!-script or you can make even a batch file.

Even with a bit of smart copy/pasting, replacing and notepad you can quickly create a whole list (as a batch file) which needs to be executed.

Example of a batch file which will decrypt all your logs is attached in the zipfile (more user friendly would be a script I guess... but I started to make a simple batch program and ended up with a bit less simple batch file; though it nicely shows what can be done with Windows DOS commands only):

notes: run the program from within your log directory and enter the password as a parameter. If no password is provided, it will ask for one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If this is going to be made as a script, wouldn't it be cool to see:
- An option to enable/disable overwriting of files
- An option to delete or keep the original encrypted files
- A password textbox where you can enter multiple passwords (which will all be tried)
- A selection between:
  a) A combobox to select the account which you want to decrypt all the logs of
  b) A textfield (with browse button) to select a directory and an option to enable/disable subdirectories
- Configuration textbox (with browse button) for the path and filename of the log viewer (though, filled in automatically at start)
- Showing a progress dialog (progressbar + filename)
- At the end showing a dialog of which logs failed and why, and which logs were successfully decrypted/encrypted with what password (listview)

;):p:D

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

DecryptAll.bat & EncryptAll.bat - Command line tools for mass decryption/encryption

Description of included batch files (version 4.1 - 2011-02-16)

These batch files are compatible with Messenger Plus! 4 and above.

However, due to a bug in the Log Viewer in Messenger Plus! 5, the batch files will not work as intended in conjuction with Messenger Plus! 5 or when you have entered the wrong decryption password. So, until that small bug is fixed, please don't use them on large directories for your own sake.

If in doubt, test first on a copy of the directories, or make a backup first!

Syntax:

DecryptAll <password>
   EncryptAll <password>

Thus enter the password as a parameter to the batch file (spaces in passwords are supported as-is; do not enclose the password in double quotes).
eg: DecryptAll My LoNg PaSSw0rD
eg: EncryptAll My LoNg PaSSw0rD

The password is optional though. If you don't provide a password, the batch files will ask for it.

Usage:

• These batch files will decrypt or encrypt all the log files of Messenger Plus! Live which exist in the current directory and in its subdirectories.

• After a log has succesfully been decrypted (encrypted) the original encrypted (decrypted) file will be deleted so only the decrypted (encrypted) file will remain.

• Previous existing files (thus files with the same name) will not be overwritten.

• Run these batch files from within your log directory.
    Therefor, you need to open Windows' command line console and go to the log directory:
    1. Start > Run > cmd
    2. go to the log directory by using the cd command. eg:
      cd "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Logs"
      decryptall My LoNg PaSSw0rD

• Run it multiple times when you have logs with different passwords.

• It is NOT possible for these tools (or any other tools for that matter) to decrypt logs if you do not know the correct password.
    If you can't remember your password, there is NO way to decrypt your logs, with any tool.
Installation:

No installation is required. Just unzip the attached zip file to your log directory.

What's new:

v4.x:

Compatibility with Messenger Plus! 5 and above.

However, due to a bug in the Log Viewer in Messenger Plus! 5, the batch files will not work as intended when you have entered the wrong decryption password. So, until that small bug is fixed in Messenger Plus! 5, please don't use them on large directories for your own sake.

v3.x:

A hell of a lot. Including a lot of fixes and workarounds for various (rare) situations. Piping is now supported. Vista compatibility. 64-bit compatibility (though not tested). A lot of batch 'tricks' and other far less known methods are used in these batch files.

Commented version included which explains a bit why some stuff is done in a particular way and not in an 'easier', better known and often used way.

v2.x: More friendly UI and a bit more streamlined to work in more situations.

v1.x: First very simple version. Quick 'n dirty, for Tebb...

Why?:

Because I'm old-school.... Long live DOS...

Download:

previous downloads: 4838
EDIT: I've updated the link inside the batch files which points back to this post....
         Apparently I've forgotten to include the correct link back in 2006. lol

.zip File Attachment: DecryptEncryptAll.zip (9.48 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1114 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-21-2013 at 10:03 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-05-2006 03:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tebb

Woah, worked really good...

I wish I had the time to spend on things like this...

Thank you so much!
09-05-2006 09:51 PM
aadimo

RE: About uncrypting logs
I have forgotten my Msg+ logs password (since I don't open them very often) and I need some conversations, but since I can't open them I wanna ask you if you can.
I've read some earlier posts and they all say that decrypting the logs without the pass is impossible and that's why I am writing this PM. I wouldn't mind to send you the logs so that you decrypt them and send my password.
Please HELP!
06-06-2008 01:32 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aadimo
I have forgotten my Msg+ logs password (since I don't open them very often) and I need some conversations, but since I can't open them I wanna ask you if you can.
I've read some earlier posts and they all say that decrypting the logs without the pass is impossible and that's why I am writing this PM. I wouldn't mind to send you the logs so that you decrypt them and send my password.
Please HELP!
It's still not possible, this tool is only for decrypting many log files if you have the password. There is no way of doing it.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
06-06-2008 01:57 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: