What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 9/11 the day when the world changed

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
9/11 the day when the world changed
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: 9/11 the day when the world changed
the world trade center going down was pure brilliance. only a true artist would die to orchestrate something that would create such a powerful message. think about it, the choice of building, the method, the aftermath, they're all directly related to what they tried to portray by doing this. even the timing was perfect. so a few (thousand) people had to die for it to work, but thats just what it took.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-12-2006 01:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
the world trade center going down was pure brilliance. only a true artist would die to orchestrate something that would create such a powerful message. think about it, the choice of building, the method, the aftermath, they're all directly related to what they tried to portray by doing this. even the timing was perfect. so a few (thousand) people had to die for it to work, but thats just what it took.

Well it sure put it's point across. It wounded America, and let it know that it isn't invincible. They picked the buildings which were recognisable on the sky line.

Sure they could have picked different buildings, but none of them would have had the same inpact.
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6670 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes, 18 seconds ago
09-12-2006 01:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
quote:

Well it sure put it's point across. It wounded America, and let it know that it isn't invincible. They picked the buildings which were recognisable on the sky line.

Sure they could have picked different buildings, but none of them would have had the same inpact.

no no no. think about it, what do they do at the world trade center, and how does it affect them?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-12-2006 02:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
quote:

no no no. think about it, what do they do at the world trade center, and how does it affect them?

Well i'm afraid I don't know what they did at the world trade center, although I know there were offices there.

Maybe someone else knows...

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6670 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes, 18 seconds ago
09-12-2006 02:19 AM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
I don't care much about 9/11, I just don't have any relation to it.  No one I knew died.
09-12-2006 02:51 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Well i'm afraid I don't know what they did at the world trade center, although I know there were offices there.

It was a major center of trade throughout the international world I believe... I'm not exactly sure... but I'd imagine it had to do with international trade. TBH the death toll is probably fairly inaccurate with the number of clients and things some of those people might see in a day.

.Lou's comments about why 5 years... well... they're not going to put more signifcance on the date... it's like an anniversary... generally multiples of 5 and 10 are more emphasized then 3 or 6 years after the fact.
09-12-2006 03:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Time
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Ground Zero will become a memorial area.

I heard McDonalds were gonna buy it... and make it their first fly-through restaurant.

dude... stfu.... Honestly I don't care where you're from.... you could be from fucking afghanistan.... don't say shit like that... don't post them fucking pictures.... 3000 people died... and you can be so cold hearted as to not even care. I hope somebody hijacks a plane in your town and kills half of it....

Not really... but that would be the equivilant.... so I don't care if you hate Bush... hate the US or whatever... If you don't care about 9/11... don't post in this damn thread... it's a memorial thread... not a "let's go make fun of the people who died" thread.

EDIT:... now that I think of it I could bring up a touchy subject with the London Train bombings... or buses or whatever it was where a bunch of people died... Sure... I don't know exactly what happened... but I'm not about to go crack jokes and post pictures making fun of it... I have more respect for the other people here than that...

This post was edited on 09-12-2006 at 12:14 PM by qgroessl.
09-12-2006 12:07 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
i don't hate the us.. but i don't feel like living the rest of my life mourning for those who no longer have life.

i have a life to live, and you have to get over it eventually.

nobody i knew died so i have no reason to be sad, sure if someone i knew did, then i would, but i'd still get over it, and i wouldn't be sad for them every year, i'd get over it.
09-12-2006 12:40 PM
brian

– / Male / –
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Time
I heard McDonalds were gonna buy it... and make it their first fly-through restaurant.

THE CASE IS CLOSED.
09-12-2006 12:42 PM
Astynax
Banned

37 / – / –
well... The World Trade center was where alot of the US stock market trading and shit went down.

after the towers were hit, the US Stock market took a huge hit, and its still not recovered.
09-12-2006 12:46 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: