What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!

Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Author: Message:
C.H.A.O.S

RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Sorry but I have exhausted all of the options and it is DEFINETELY NOT A MEMORY BLOCK!!! this has to be a Driver Problem or a Windows Software Problem in a system32 file that is corrupted or something to that effect...anyway grab the windows disk and start all over again or buy a new driver its either one or the other dont blame your memory and once u have peformed the system recovery try to google the recommended software for preventing further fatal system errors...VISTA is flawed and upgrading your computer for better gaming peformance doesnt always pay off when u have VISTA so make sure to purchase the neccesary software or buy a new motherboard of better calibre! What I will do is buy this Cure Software I was surfing through on google and do my research on preventing further Fatal System Errors like this one as it is probably one of the worst attacks anyone could suffer and there really is no way around it so Wipe your Puter and start again and if u have wiped it and started again and still cant login then its your Hard Drive! buy a New One Get a Windows disc and start back at square one.

ISSUE: C000021A FATAL SYSTEM ERROR

why?: Vista is Flawed,Virus Attack,Malware,Spyware,Hard Drive is Stuffed,accidentally deleting important files i.e - the advanced options in an attempt to enhance gaming peformance.

Solution: Buy a new Hard Drive and load Windows on it. (unless you think it isn't your hard drive then good luck but it most likely is)
08-15-2009 03:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by C.H.A.O.S
but it most likely is

err, what? it most likely isn't...
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-15-2009 03:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
turtlebox

Okay , i'm on board this one too now.

My probs started with Computer crashing and saying it could not find user32.dll

I reinstalled XP Recovery, then needed to find a sys file for the wireless found it on C: and continued.

My Compp crashes when as it loads or finishes loading the background  programs.

The Desktop is white unlike what I have it set to.

It starts okay in safe mode, but that doesnt help me as I cant access Outlook to back it up to start allover again.

So I'm between a rock and a very hard place

Help Please

Further more, the Laptop is making a glug noise now and again

This post was edited on 08-17-2009 at 05:52 AM by turtlebox.
08-17-2009 05:50 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Sounds like the wireless driver is corrupt. Try installing a fresh copy from then maker's website in Safe Mode (obviously you'll need to download on another PC ;))
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-26-2009 12:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GatorRay

Im no computer expert but none of the above mentioned fixes actually worked. What worked for me is below. Hope this helps someone, it worked for me.

I just booted in safe mode to the command prompt and picked a restore date before I downloaded the windows updates. Then I typed in the command below and followed the prompts.

Use the System Restore process
Note Before you use System Rest
ore, make sure that you have restarted the computer at least one time after you installed Windows XP SP3. By restarting the computer, you allow for any remaining servicing processes to finish.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Copy and then paste the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
Click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.
10-24-2009 04:37 PM
lance637

I had the same problem.

It was so bad that I was not able to boot into windows at all. 
Attempts to so a system restore from the Vista disc failed citing unknown errors.
After changing the bios setting (ASUS M2N SLI MB) to not restart on error, I did the following.

1.  Booted from VISTA CD, allowed it to fail restore and selected "command prompt"
2.  CD \Windows\System32\Config [enter]
3.  move Software Software.bad [enter]
4.  move Regback\Software [enter]
5.  exit [enter]
6.  reboot.
7.  updated bios
8.  Now the system restore worked.

This post was edited on 11-06-2009 at 07:01 PM by lance637.
11-06-2009 06:59 PM
cpguru21

Wink  RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Just my 2 cents ;)

In my situation working on a customers laptop....most deffinately the hard drive.  Will remove from machine and verify of course, but the "ear" test tells me something mechanical going on...then you hear the hd spin down (off) right before blue screen.

as an FYI to anybody looking for solutions to this problem, your situation may be related to someone on this post, or may not.

With most windows errors, they are a starting point to trouble shoot from.  just look at all the people who had different resolutions to the problem.

in my case, recommend to customer to replace hard drive (2 days out of warranty) and re-install.  And be patient with those that are trying to help ;-)

pce
12-11-2009 12:03 AM
amarinoni68

Hi Stigmata,

Iīm in Brussels and I have to restore my vaio VGN series laptop operating system.

I bought the laptop in the US and I didnīt ask for the operating system cd

Do you know where I can quickly buy it in Brussels?

Many thanks.

andrea[/size]
02-14-2010 01:33 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Can you boot into windows?
02-14-2010 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ssor

Hi,
I hope this thread is still going.

Recently my old laptop was running slow so thought I'd re-install the OS to give it a clear out.

Dell Inspiron 8600
Windows XP SP3
1.5 Gig RAM

Anyway during the installation the system crashed with a stop c000021a fatal error. I then tried Repair, or Restore to previous working version and seems to get it back so I could login.

When I log into the system it brings up my splash page and then a popup to say that I have to activate windows. I select yes and the system goes to load, but then crashes with a stop:c000021a fatal again.

I booted in safe mode to command prompt and installed KB94650 hotfix and IE8 as I'd seen post that talk about a SP3 clash. Reboot ... system crashes at the same point.

Crash is
stop:c000021a (fatal system error) then some text about windows subsystem terminating an then 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 ... which is always the same and then different sets of numbers 0x006cf28c or 0x0055f28c)

Suggestions welcome please
02-24-2010 11:57 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: