What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!

Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Author: Message:
beck.je

RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
I ended up helping a user just this morning with this same problem by doing a Microsoft System Restore through the F8 "Repair my Computer" option. 
The alternative option I have seen is to try (if you are able to boot into windows) an SFC /scannow.  This does find and fix the .dll problems that are related to most types of windows installations. 

The problem with this error, however, is that people are having the same error code with multiple causes and multiple fixes being posted.  I would recommend having the new problems in alternative posts to further assist the ones that are not pertaining to the original exact problem.

04-22-2010 06:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mkp0203

Sad  RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
I have received the "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!  I am very stressed right now. I own a Compaq equipped with Windows Vista (Home edition I think?) I was using the internet when my browser crashed, and when I went to send in the report for the crashed browser, it failed. And my computer started acting very slow. I tried a few things, but got fed up with the snail like pace, and just turned the computer off. When I turned it back on, I got the screen where I pressed, "Start Windows Normally," and when I did this, it went to a blue screen and started to "Repair" the system, and said it could take over an hour... I am thinking this whole time that I have a horrible virus. So in thinking that my computer was being searched and destroyed during this "Repair" operation, I turned the computer off and back on again. This time, it brought me to the blue error screen saying "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!.... I am not a computer expert, so I will not understand all the complex computer lingo out there. What can be done to fix this problem? Someone please help!! :|
05-10-2010 02:52 AM
younggeeza

33 / Male / Flag
Hi there, first post here. I'm on XP Home and everything was working fine until i contracted a virus. The virus turned up as win32/patched.fm on AVG free but it refused to clean it.

In the end i got fed up of the constant irritations from avg and restarted the computer in safe mode. I ran a scan and it left me with the impression that it'd cleaned it all out.

When i restarted my computer from safe mode however...would get up to just before booting windows and then the computer would simply restart and this would go on and on and on and on.

I cut the cycle and told the computer to stop restarting on fatal error and the message i got was as quoted.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The systenm has been shut down.

Help please :(
09-01-2010 04:59 AM
bugs

I had this error and tried several suggestions to correct it until I was advised to try http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/rem...my-security-shield. It seems I had picked up malware. I downloaded their program, cleared the malware and reinstalled host file exactly as they directed. And hey presto the problem with coooo21a had gone.
09-12-2010 09:36 PM
Darkmatrix

Hey everyone. Running windows xp pro. Having the same fatal error as everyone else but just want to make one thing clear, I get the error no matter what I do. F8, all the options shuts down the comp. Xp disc won't load all the way. It stops shortly after the f6 choice. Have very important pics on the computer so I'm against wiping it. Even if I could. Someone must know a trick or two here. Contacted a win32 virus the night before ran a lot of programs to try and rid myself of it and I think it changed a registry value. Any help would be great. But again to review f8,safe mode, xp disc don't work so please don't advise with any of those options. It's all I've read in the last day a lot of contradicting statements. Lol. Thank you kindly. Cheers,
10-04-2010 03:43 AM
kp314

Restoring the registry fixed my c000021a error.

I have Vista and I was also getting the c000021a error. I could not boot into Windows via any method without it rebooting. Trying Safemode would show crcdisk.sys as the last item and then it would reboot as well. I had to hit F8 at startup and choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" to see the c000021a error. Attempts via a Vista Recovery Console using "chkdsk C: /f /r" failed to fix it. System restore via the Vista Recovery Console failed to complete.

OK now onto what ended up allowing me to boot back up. It ended up being a restore of the registry. I had to backup and then replace DEFAULT, SAM, SECURITY, SOFTWARE, and SYSTEM in C:\Windows\System32\config with files of the same name in C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack. Per the below Microsoft article for XP, to do this for XP you have to copy the files from C:\Windows\repair instead.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

The article said to NOT do this if you have an OEM PC, but I did it anyways so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK if you have an OEM PC.

You will need to get to a Recovery Console for your OS to do this or if you have access to a working computer you can download a live Linux distribution like Ubuntu to access your C: drive and to rename and copy the files. I used Linux myself. If this doesn't work you can always undo it by restoring the files you backed up if need be. System Restore, which was failing from the Vista Recovery Console before the registry restore, worked from within Vista after the registry restore but the c000021a returned so I re-restored the registry again to get back in. I'll be sticking with the current registry. I'm just happy I didn't have to format and reload Vista. Hope this helps.

This post was edited on 10-10-2010 at 01:24 PM by kp314.
10-10-2010 12:21 PM
DramAlexe

Hi everyone, truth be told, I think perhaps the abject panic in my soul is preventing me from seeing the solution to my problem. You all seem pretty computer savvy, and I'm not. But I believe I can fix this problem myself if I just know what to do. I'm unemployed now, I don't have money to spend on this and I need my PC to look for a job. Please help me.

Here's the error message:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

Here's what happened:
We've upgraded to hi-speed Internet and phone. I installed the hi-speed modem to the pc in the den on Tues. I installed the Netgear router on Wed. I installed the Netgear wireless adapter for my bedroom pc (the BSOD one) on Friday. I had been offline for about a week, so Windows had 7 updates to install when I shut down. No problems. Sunday I tried to download a file and got a message that I needed to upgrade to Windows Media Player 9. I installed the upgrade. I allowed the program to restart my Dell, and that's when I got the BSOD.

I can't boot up at all. Not in safe mode, not with the last good configuration, not no way, not no how. I have a Dell, so I don't have XP discs. Dell's Diagnostics (with and without the CD) don't work. I downloaded the Ultimate Boot CD on the den's computer, that won't work. I was planning to buy PowerSuite Golden, but it had horrible customer reviews. I called tech support for System Mechanic premium to see if it would boot up my computer, because their website says it will, the tech says it will not. I'm running XP Home, but we have XP Pro on the computer I'm at now, and I do have the discs for that. I'm not sure what to try next, but I'm very good at following instructions, just throw 'em at me.

Thanks!
03-15-2011 12:48 AM
DramAlexe

I can't log in with command prompt. I feel like the best solution may be a boot disk, but Ultimate Boot didn't work, and I don't know any others.
03-15-2011 11:12 PM
nimicitor

RE: RE: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error!
Well the first thing you need to do is backup your data, either by putting your hard drive in another computer as a slave or by using a Linux live CD and a USB stick\removable HDD.

From Linux you will be able to look in your computers hard drive and see if there are any DMP files which are usually left with BSOD.

In Windows 7 you can find it at: 'C:\Windows\Minidump' XP should be the same.

If you have access to another Windows computer then copy these files to a USB stick and use a program like WhoCrashed and\or BlueScreenView to read these files to see what is causing your problems.
You could also follow this guide but you might find it confusing depending on your level of experience with computers.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
03-18-2011 06:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MQSS

HELP ME PLEASE ANYONE!!!!

Here is the problem I am working on an HP Pavilion dv1000 Laptop running windows xp pro. When the laptop boots I get the following error

Stop: c000021a { Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x000012f (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shutdown.

natural one would try to load last known good configuration to see if you get any results, but no success there. i have tried safe mood and I get the same error. I looked into the Microsoft so called knowledge base, but it assumes you are able to get into the system which I am not able to do. I can't run repair from the XP CD because for some strange reason, I am unable to log in under the administrator. I have tried using ERD commander to change the password but I am getting no where with that. So I decided to try and replace the system32/config files. Upon doing that, the pc now just goes through a reboot instead of staying on the BSOD stop:c000021a.  I am completely stuck and I don't have an extra license to I can install the OS all over again. I need help seriously I am two seconds from throwing the pc away. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

I have searched over the web, but I have not found anything that will help

This post was edited on 06-09-2011 at 07:32 PM by MQSS.
06-09-2011 07:30 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: