What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your views: Conspiracies

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Your views: Conspiracies
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Your views: Conspiracies
Here we go, the conspiracies thread. Do you believe in them, or feel some parts of history are just not right? Do you think all conspiracy theorist are just talking out their arse, like me? What is a conspiracy? Is it alien invasions or something like a cover up that Gorden Brown is going to throw over Tony Blair by force?

Express yourself! :P
09-14-2006 03:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Your views: Conspiracies
Conspiracies are stupid... some make you think but some seem just stupid. I might belive in some but not with the current evidence. I just read that 1/3 of the people in the USA think that the attacks made on 9/11 were done by the US Government. That deserves a big "meh".
[Image: signature.php]
09-14-2006 03:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I watch a documentary the other night called "In plane sight" which was trying to say that 9/11 was a conspiracy.  I thought it was quite interesting and it seemed quite believing.  I'm thinking I might just disbelieve it though because I would hate to think that leaders of a country would have anything to do with the death of their people, especially today in a first world country.
[Image: markee.png]
09-14-2006 03:23 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Your views: Conspiracies
Conspiracy theorists always do the same thing. Come to a conclusion, then look for evidence to support it. Of course that is the totally wrong way of coming up with a theory.

With the 9/11 attacks you need to think, why would the government do that? Instead of coming up with a wild theory, look at the facts and you will see it as an awful act of terrorism, and it hit the US's economy hard.

This post was edited on 09-14-2006 at 03:35 PM by absorbation.
09-14-2006 03:32 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
I've always thought it was weird about how kurt combain died..

like looking at the lyrics to his songs etc...

and the handwritten death note.. it wasnt his handwriting.. :S

i duno.. :D
09-14-2006 04:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
I've always thought it was weird about how kurt combain died..

like looking at the lyrics to his songs etc...

and the handwritten death note.. it wasnt his handwriting.. :S

i duno.. :D

Stuff like that is better left alone, if the police can't find any evidence as to why he died, then he probably did in fact shoot himself. Kurt Cobain - and his group of gay followers - was a complete asshole anyway.

Some conspiracy theories do seem to make sense, but that's all it is... A theory.
09-14-2006 04:05 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
if the police can't find any evidence as to why he died, then
... its a cover up :D
09-14-2006 04:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Do you believe in them, or feel some parts of history are just not right? Do you think all conspiracy theorist are just talking out their arse, like me? What is a conspiracy?
"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear." :P

A decent definition of what a "Conspiracy" (or more narrowly, "conspiracy theory") is can be found here.

Part of the reason conpiracy theories are widespread is the human tendency to interpret facts to support what they want to believe (or have been told), rather than examine the facts without prejudice, to see what the conclusions should be.  For another example of this mode of thought, consider the popularity of various religious beliefs.

There certainly have been times when governments (or limited groups within) have intentionally witheld or distorted information about their motives or certain events.  The truth eventually comes out and usually is a lot less exciting than any of the major conspiracy theories, though.

Obviously, the history curriculum taught as part of secondary education is selected and presented in a manner that favors the present government.  Once again though, this sort of historical editing doesn't cover up anything of the magnitude of most conspiracy theories -- it is more about leaving certain things out and the choices of words used to refer to different actors.
09-14-2006 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
I think that some things in history are not exactly true. Many stories that have been told for a long time sometimes become history. But one thing still leaves me with questions is John F Kennedy. Everything I was going to say has already been said above.
[Image: 202180054.png]
09-14-2006 04:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
With the 9/11 attacks you need to think, why would the government do that?

Note, I don't beleive the Government coordinated the attacks to 9/11, I do beleive that they had prior knowledge of it and ignored it for whatever reason

9/11 was the straw that broke the camel's back with regards to going to war against Middle East countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq. If you want to look it at in terms of conspiriacies, maybe they wanted to secure an Oil supply for the future by gaining influence in these countries now. (see the Marshal Plan, for another example of how the government used war to gain influence in other countries)
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-14-2006 06:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: