What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PS2, OR XBOX?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Poll: What shal i get? Perhaps turkey.
PS2 play station 2 (say why)
Xbox by microsoft (say why)
other (please state what)
Turkey (im suprised you picked)
Can of fresh spam (or chrono)
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
PS2, OR XBOX?
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: PS2, OR XBOX?
I got a xbox the year it came out (2002) and this year (february) I bought a PS2, and have never bought any new games for my xbox. In my opinion, the PS2 just has better backing from developers, therefore more games for it. Got it for Kingdom Hearts and I completed that, then killzone etc. I've just gone through getting the best games.

Xbox doesn't have Killzone, Kingdom Hearts (1 or 2), Metal Gear Solid (well 3) and I just prefer the graphics on the ps2 for some reason :s.

Don't get a Gamecube, simply because there are only a few good games on it, and they are the Resident Evil games (and a few others like Mario) but that's it. It doesn't have any of the good mainstream games that come out for the PS2 or xbox. Nintendo's are only good for one thing: party games. They are definitely not appropriate for somebody who wants to play the more serious games.

This post was edited on 10-03-2006 at 03:48 PM by user27089.
10-03-2006 03:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: PS2, OR XBOX?
Decided. I will get a PS2 most likely. And the 30 doller gift card that comes with it, any suggegstions for a new game? I was thinking NHL 07. Thanks your your help,
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
10-03-2006 04:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Decided. I will get a PS2 most likely. And the 30 doller gift card that comes with it, any suggegstions for a new game? I was thinking NHL 07. Thanks your your help,

Try some of the Silent Hill games, they're amazing. There's shadow of the colossus, kingdom hearts 1 & 2 (a lot better than the final fantasy games, but made by square-enix), killzone is amazing, black is amazing aswell... just go into a shop and see what they've got. There are a hell of a lot of new amazing games coming out at the moment!
10-03-2006 05:01 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
PS2 for the games, XBOX for the graphics.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-03-2006 05:07 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
For the game get Black, it is amazing. :drool:

And get a PS2, like said before more games, and the graphics aren't  bad at all  and the Xbox's aren't like ZOMG I'M ACTUALLY THERE!!!11111. Although that's what some people will tell you ¬¬

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
But for a 1280p resolution, the game will look quite good
And the blu-ray discs although are more expnesive, are better than normal dvd's
so i'll wait for ps3 anyway :p

Actually most game developers have said they will only be creating their games in 720p (i think it was 720 *-)) for the moment at least. I can't remember why but i read it somewhere :P

This post was edited on 10-03-2006 at 06:04 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-03-2006 06:02 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

And get a PS2, like said before more games, and the graphics aren't  bad at all  and the Xbox's aren't like ZOMG I'M ACTUALLY THERE!!!11111. Although that's what some people will tell you ¬¬

Yeah, people have to remember that there are only two years between the two consoles, and the graphics card in the xbox is only a 64mb one :-/.

Just look at the specs of the two to be honest and you'll see they're not great.

But in first hand experience, a ps2 is better.
10-03-2006 06:06 PM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
PS2 because there is a better game range and most of the games are cheaper then XBOX
10-03-2006 08:07 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Xbox 360 + wii ;)

xbox 360 is very nice gameplay and graphics that i've experienced, and will soon have lots of legal homebrew games etc.

Wii will be fun and quirky, cheaper and probably generally better
10-03-2006 08:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
PS2, i probably only voted for it because i have one, but it really is nice to have a huge range of games for your games consol.

I remember my friends had an xbox and there were so many games which i could buy for PS" but he couldn't for his xbox.

I haven't had much experience with an xbox, but i've been really happy with my PS2, the graphics are great as well.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
10-03-2006 08:46 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yeah, people have to remember that there are only two years between the two consoles, and the graphics card in the xbox is only a 64mb one :-/.

Just look at the specs of the two to be honest and you'll see they're not great.

But in first hand experience, a ps2 is better.

defiantly, i have had both consoles but sold my Xbox after around 6 months because i didn't use it. I completed halo 1 + 2 then sold it(for £190 :cheesy:).

Okay the real test will be Xbox 360 Vs. PS3 on the whole graphics front. (well the whole console front really.)

Also the Wii looks awesome for a bit of fun, it is really great how they are trying to involve the player more. I mean after you play a game or whatever all you wana do is be that person and do the things you just did. :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-03-2006 09:42 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: