What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What the hell is going on?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
What the hell is going on?
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: What the hell is going on?
Those are all really good points. Seriously though. I ranted about this in the past and I'm becoming just as bad. We all need to realise that and go back to how it was before: Thinking before we posted.

From here on, I'm limiting my posting.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
10-11-2006 11:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
ive pretty much quit the forums
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
10-12-2006 12:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
REPLIES

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot

I've only been here for not even half a year, I've even noticed a drop in thread quality,

quote:
People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

I try not to spam, and anything close to/is spam, I usually have something along the lines of, ADMIN: please delete this when I'm done asking or delete if i'm wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I suppose I have been spamming too much

quote:

all of the videos
(Smilie) Even mine (Smilie)?

Those I think are fine as long as they are in the T&T (they dont fit elsewhere srry)

quote:
Originally posted by Tom M. Riddle
Report threads/posts with arguments/off-topicness,

Just reported this thread. I report a thread almost every time I come on.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
It's too many new people coming at once...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=reg

Its not actually too many people if you think. A lot of people were on in June because of MP!L and WLM, and there was a decline ever since. And there should be quite a portion of those 'noobs' that ask for help and never return again. Theres maybe only a few monthly that stay here and chat (like me).

COMMENTS/ SUGGESTIONS

I think there might be a need of more people having the ability to move threads, edit/delete threads, etc. so that all the workload doesn't all go to Chrono, WDZ and all the other mods, smods, admins...trax can probably also help (and me).

As a result of all the trash-talk at MP!F, I can barely keep up with the 2 posts per day average because its starting to get boring around here. I used to be on almost the entire time i was in front of the comp (in the summer), and now, I'm on every other day.

Please, do stop spammin...

This post was edited on 10-12-2006 at 12:59 AM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6546 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes, 27 seconds ago.

10-12-2006 12:56 AM
-Bogan-

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
It's too many new people coming at once...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=reg

Agreed the influx of people can't have helped but it will subside and people will either calm down or leave.

Anyways I haven't ever posted mych on here but when I did in Tech,scripts and other areas it was only to give me opinion and provide "QUALITY" information not just what you think could be the answer.

Peaches mangoes
[Image: user-bogan.gif]
10-12-2006 01:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
have to agree with you traxor, but puts or ads another note, why WDZ is even going to bother upgrading this Forum when its going downhill , as some would say, ' why upgrade a sinking ship ' i to have thought Sam has been posting a lot of unwanted crap on the forums when he could/should put it on his blog, on another note, when MPL4 got released i thought this board would improve, it hasn't ,
10-12-2006 03:05 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
I think there might be a need of more people having the ability to move threads, edit/delete threads, etc. so that all the workload doesn't all go to Chrono, WDZ and all the other mods, smods, admins...trax can probably also help (and me).
It's actually funny to see how people only mention me and WDZ, while there are other admins and mods too. i did see that you put "and other mods and admins" there, but people make it look as if they didnt do anything... The fact that they dont post as much as me and WDZ doesnt mean they dont do the job ;)

Taking that aside, im not really sure wether we need more mods or not, i dont wanna start a whole discussion about it again cause in the end it's the admins decision. The fact is that the problem's not exactly the staff that isnt doing the job but the members who're spamming too much. Sure it's easier to 'blame' us, but why dont you think that we wouldnt even need moderators if members didnt spam and did everything following the rules? Adding new staff seems more like a patch solution to me rather than a real solution. We need to teach those members how to behave rather than adding more people to clean up what they do wrong. Besides, YOU can always help us by reporting posts, the reporting system works amazingly good ;).

Anyway, it seems that we have this kind of threads at least once a year, i guess it's a part of the community's cycle. I've been here for over 4 years and trust me i've seen many events happening multiple times, this kind of threads being one of them :P.
10-12-2006 03:17 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
why WDZ is even going to bother upgrading this Forum when its going downhill , as some would say, ' why upgrade a sinking ship '

why give up on it though? ;\
don't let it sink.

all the people posting in this thread agree with traxor, so that's ~25 people that are supposivly going to try and help out again or wahtever. joa's right though, this has happened before. we just have our ups and downs. we get over it, and we'll be back to helping out and such. (i'm even trying to help out again, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS A SPAMMER EVEN ;()

anyways, enough of this shit and go out and make the forum 'a better place' :rolleyes:

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Anyway, it seems that we have this kind of threads at least once a year, i guess it's a part of the community's cycle. I've been here for over 4 years and trust me i've seen many events happening multiple times, this kind of threads being one of them

so true :lol:

This post was edited on 10-12-2006 at 03:22 AM by marissa.
10-12-2006 03:22 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by marissa

why give up on it though? ;\
don't let it sink.
im all for that marissa but look, old good member are an have left an to see all this spam an fights an so on going on within the forum is it really worth upgrading ? IMO not really , not till the members an or forum clean up themselves,
quote:
anyways, enough of this shit and go out and make the forum 'a better place' (Smilie)
x2

This post was edited on 10-12-2006 at 03:44 AM by Hank.
10-12-2006 03:42 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
quote:
we get over it, and we'll be back to helping out and such. (i'm even trying to help out again, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS A SPAMMER EVEN ;()
it's true u weren't/aren't :(

i just wanna add, that yea i have faith in this forum. the main reason why i even joined it in the first place is because it has such a feeling of community and acceptance. i stayed because people bond here so quickly. there's bickering and what-not but people forgive fast and there's always at least one person here who will have your back. there's always members who act noobyish, but they're moulded into perfect members (like sean for instance <3).  and he changed because we all had hope in him and gave him a chance. we helped him in a sense... by being supportive.. all together. so it's not all bad. it's like we are this huge dodgy family. everybody here works together, we might not see it.. but that's what's happening, even with this thread...
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

10-12-2006 03:47 AM
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
Maybe its just a phase the forums are going through. But I am disappointed with all the spam posts people have been posting.
[Image: 202180054.png]
10-12-2006 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: