What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior

Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
Author: Message:
V@no

sexy

O.P. Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
Hi!
I'm experiencing a weird issue with desktop contacts (floating contacts).
I set them to be always on top, but for unknown reason sometimes they just loosing that ability to be on top other windows. The setting remains to be set as supposed to.
When this happens I have to click on each of the floating contacts then it restores the on top feature.

Have anyone experienced this issue? if so, any way to fix it?

Thank you.
10-20-2006 03:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
Presuming you have Msg Plus!, not Msg Plus! Live...

quote:
Originally posted by brian
A little search on the forums could find your post, please read CookieRevised's reply to "Messenger Plus! 3.20"

Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-20-2006 07:13 AM
dezzo

– / Male / –
RE: Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
I'm having the same problem too, and it's pissing me off because I have to minimize all my windows to find the desktop contacts.  It's been present in the last couple versions of Plus Live.

And sometimes a double click on a desktop contact doesn't bring up the chat window.  I often have to click it again to get it to respond.

And half the time the tooltips that appear when you hover the mouse over a desktop contact don't appear either. It seems to be totally random.
11-16-2006 11:39 PM
V@no

sexy

O.P. RE: Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
About double click doesnt open the chat window, in my case this only happend when I'm using tabbed chat window and for unknown reason the current active person in the chat window is being switched to another tab. i.e. chating with three buddies: bud1, bud2 and bud3. bud2 is the last you've been chating with (active), then, after opening other windows and double click the floating bar for bud2 to bring up the chat window with bud2, you might find that nothing happend, and when you bring up the chat window from the task bar, you might find that the current active is bud3...although, this is not always the case, but happens to me very often.
I'm still trying figure out how this happens, so far no clue...
11-20-2006 01:53 PM
V@no

sexy

O.P. RE: Desktop contacts loosing "always on top" behavior
Oh, I didnt see Chris4's responce...
Indeed when you are using Win+D keys combination (show desktop) that is what causing this and related issues...
I can't currently confirm if its related to MPL! or WLM itself, because if you do WIN+D keys, it will not play notification sound either...which is WLM settings.
I found it very anoing bug, lost so much time waiting for people responces not knowing they already arived...
11-21-2006 01:48 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: