What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Internet Explorer 7 is now out, what are your views?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
Internet Explorer 7 is now out, what are your views?
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Internet Explorer 7 is now out, what are your views?
quote:
Originally posted by black widow
Say what you want, but i stick with IE.
It's not my intention to make you switch anyway. Everyone should make their own choice :). In the end most of the big name browsers are decent and they all have their good and bad points. Just pointing out that Mozilla bundling spyware with FF is just as unlikely as MS bundling spyware with IE :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-22-2006 01:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I think its terrible I can't place the menu bar at the top or the other bar with the icons in and its supposed to be customizeable???? firefox lets me do all that and more, also it forces the ie7 icon as your .html files icon and its impossible to change it so i am really pissed off at it, It's fucking shit at working with offline sites containing any code and even worse when there is flash also.

It's just nasty :( Firefox 2 FTW <:o)

10-22-2006 03:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Nile: My *.html files stay with the firefox icon, maybe IE7 is set to your default browser?
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-22-2006 03:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
First Impressions

I download it. Seems to be taking a while to download just for an installer. So after a few mins I start installing it. I go off for 15 minutes and come back and it's still installing. It says 'finalising installation' and then it finishes. Now it wants to restart the computer and I do so.

So after the restart, I open up Internet Explorer. Takes about a minute just to open after clicking it. So it finally opens. "Wow, that's weird" I'm thinking. Looks weird maximised on a big resolution. But you can see more of the page without the toolbars, which is a good thing I guess. So there's less buttons, more cleaner. Why the 'Windows Messenger' button though? Who uses that? The text looks different on IE7, ClearType Tuning is used I guess. Not sure about that.

* Chris4 uninstalls and goes back to Firefox :refuck:
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-22-2006 03:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
The address bar is stuck at the top so that the user can always be sure where to find it, especially for less experienced people, search toolbars can't put themselves where the address bar goes and trick the user into using it instead of the real address bar.

The icon stealing isn't by design, if the icons cannot be changed, there is a problem with it.

Windows Messanger button? Aww man ... that isn't in the beta, I'm going to hack the final if it has it at my place.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-23-2006 06:45 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
IE7 is a huge improvement from IE6 in many aspects (security, performance, features etc). Even if you are using Firefox i'd recommend upgrading IE6 to IE7 anyways for security reasons.
Segosa is newb.
10-23-2006 07:09 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: