What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11
Author: Message:
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
O.P. Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11
hey all! Dont ask why, but i was trying to import firefox bookmarks to internet explorer favourites on internet explorer (And no, i wasnt trying to import internet explorer favourites to firefox, that happens automaticaly)

but i found the option to import from another application/browser not highleted or able to select, and i could only import from a directory. So i went to program files and looked for the firefox bookmark file, and couldnt find it. So i went on firefox, and tried searching for the export function, and could'nt find it.

BOTTOM LINE, CAN YOU EXPORT FIREFOX BOOKMARKS, TO HAVE ON INTERNET EXPLOROR?  and how?

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 01:00 AM by Steven.
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
11-02-2006 12:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11
get febe (firefox extensions backup extension) and backup bookmarks

(not sure if you can import into ie)

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 01:03 AM by Supersonicdarky.
11-02-2006 01:02 AM
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
There's an HTML file in your profile folder with all the bookmarks in it, not sure if IE can import them though.

Go to Start > Run and type:
"%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"

Then select the profile folder currently in use (possibly the only one there). If you don't know which one is in use you can run firefox with the -profilemanager switch to check.

Inside your profile folder there's a file called "bookmarks.html", and that's all the bookmarks.

I doubt that IE will be able to import this file though.
11-02-2006 01:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?cat=22&app=...ter=firefox&type=E
11-02-2006 01:08 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
There's an HTML file in your profile folder with all the bookmarks in it, not sure if IE can import them though.

Then select the profile folder currently in use (possibly the only one there). If you don't know which one is in use you can run firefox with the -profilemanager switch to check.

Inside your profile folder there's a file called "bookmarks.html", and that's all the bookmarks.

:-/ pfft you can do it from the gui ... just click bookmarks then Organize bookmarks then hit File and  export and save bookmarks.html where ever you want

also to import them into IE go
File then click Import and Export then it should start a import/export wizard click next then select import favorites then next and select from file and find the file you exported from firefox

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 02:49 AM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
11-02-2006 02:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
That's what I was going to say too but the next problem is getting those bookmarks into IE7. The favorites are stored in Documents and Settings\user\Favorites but they are shortcuts to URLs that can be created by right-clicking>New>Shortcut>and then the URL for the link location.
11-02-2006 02:51 AM
Steven

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

File then click Import and Export then it should start a import/export wizard click next then select import favorites then next and select from file and find the file you exported from firefox
Yeah i know that, thats what i tried to do, but i will now try to import the bookmarks and see what happens and maybe i can get lucky. Probably not. This is a perfect example of how firefox marketing strategy is more aggresive. This was a very easy option IE7 could have had, but they failed at that. Firefox automaticaly realises that many users will be switching from IE and will for sure need there previous bookmarks. For IE 7 to not have that funcianality is just stupid and why i am a proud firefox user.
11-02-2006 03:07 AM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
You could try alternatives like exporting your bookmarks and opening the HTML file in IE7 instead of having it in your Favorites.
11-02-2006 03:17 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
orrr...... bookmark your firefox bookmark html file and open it and select from there

This post was edited on 11-02-2006 at 04:00 AM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
11-02-2006 03:59 AM
Steven

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Export FIREFOX BOOkMARKS!!11
quote:
Originally posted by Steven
hey all! Dont ask why, but i was trying to import firefox bookmarks to internet explorer favourites on internet explorer (And no, i wasnt trying to import internet explorer favourites to firefox, that happens automaticaly)

but i found the option to import from another application/browser not highleted or able to select, and i could only import from a directory. So i went to program files and looked for the firefox bookmark file, and couldnt find it. So i went on firefox, and tried searching for the export function, and could'nt find it.

BOTTOM LINE, CAN YOU EXPORT FIREFOX BOOKMARKS, TO HAVE ON INTERNET EXPLOROR?  and how?
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
orrr...... bookmark your firefox bookmark html file and open it and select from there
quote:
Originally posted by zach
You could try alternatives like exporting your bookmarks and opening the HTML file in IE7 instead of having it in your Favorites.
quote:
Originally posted by zach
That's what I was going to say too but the next problem is getting those bookmarks into IE7. The favorites are stored in Documents and Settings\user\Favorites but they are shortcuts to URLs that can be created by right-clicking>New>Shortcut>and then the URL for the link location.
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
Originally posted by deAd

:-/ pfft you can do it from the gui ... just click bookmarks then Organize bookmarks then hit File and  export and save bookmarks.html where ever you want

11-02-2006 12:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: