What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Notify when someone closes the convo

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Notify when someone closes the convo
Author: Message:
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Notify when someone closes the convo
screenshot, no screenshot as I said same principle applies full stop end of story case closed...or do you still have trouble understanding what has already be said hundreds upon hundreds of times?

This post was edited on 12-09-2006 at 02:28 AM by MattyRid.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-09-2006 02:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by xsouldeath
well you should really try gilly messeger then it seemed to detect closing window.. it said so.. anyways
i shall let you know with a screenshot of proof ;) once the darned thing decides to work

i

I highly doubt that. Detecting when a conversation is closed its impossible now. You can only detect when a session closses. MattyRid is right.

This post was edited on 12-09-2006 at 02:41 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
12-09-2006 02:40 AM
xsouldeath

so you mean by session detect if a contact went offline ?
12-09-2006 02:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
the difference between a session and when a contact ACTUALLY goes offline.

When a session is open or closed it is due to the when someone wither click on your display picture, contact card etc. these then trigger either a session open when clicked or a close session when a time-out has occurred. And is a different set of packets sent to the server.

When somebody ACTUALLY goes offline and moves to the offline section of your contact list (assuming it's sorted by status), that also sends a different packet to the server causing one to go offline.

As you can see, these are no way similar and due to how the protocol work, quite frankly it is impossible to detect an open/close notifier. Now do you understand my as simple as possible explanation or does the infamous CookieRevised come in here and set things straight like he usually does on this subject?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-09-2006 02:50 AM
xsouldeath

something called Mercury ...an msn messenger seems to notify of window open and closes however it also notifies of people who like arent even lonline or wahtever which is kinda whack but ya..
Gilly messenger once accurately did the same thing
but now i get a COMCTL error
12-09-2006 02:20 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by xsouldeath
something called Mercury ...an msn messenger seems to notify of window open and closes however it also notifies of people who like arent even lonline or wahtever which is kinda whack but ya..
Gilly messenger once accurately did the same thing
but now i get a COMCTL error
They used to do this accurately until the protocol was changed to stop such things happening.  It is now IMPOSSIBLE to do this now.  Please read and not be thick, the people here know what they are talking about as they deal with the programming side of WLM (whether it be hooking, interacting or just participating in chats about it) and are far more knowledgeable on the subject than you.  Get over your arrogance and acknowledge what they say as the truth.  I'm sick and tired of valued members of this forum being ridiculed by other who obviously have far less knowledge in the area.  Things might have been able to work in the past but that doesn't mean they are going to always be that way.  Protocol gets changed so as to stop security breaches (kind of amazing for microsoft I know but it still does get done to some extent).  I wish people would start taking the advice they are given and use it rather than try to rebut it with their lack of knowledge. [/rant]

I'm sorry for taking this out on you individually but I am sick and tired of the lack of respect for members of this community by people who do no seem to care about the facts they give and you were just the last straw.
[Image: markee.png]
12-09-2006 03:14 PM
xsouldeath

;) fair enough im one of those believers of things that are always possible.. you see a 25(around this) year old security network professional told me that cheating in this online game was extremely unlikely if not impossible. but packet editing proved this individual wrong...

similarly, ... people all over looked for making trojan horses and such undetectable... and certainly this would only possible to the "pros" ... and yet a method was discovered which could make any executable file into a different format and whether Mcaffe, Kasperky,Norton ... what not..  even your Avg or adaware ...would not detect it ...

anyways not to argue just saying... there was also something called TweakMsgr which messages them with "dont close the window on me" I shall look into if that still works...
and hence prove to myself whether its possible or not..

I am aware of WLM Messenger Plus! scripting as well as packet editing ... i shall find this out anyways..

lol wow my windows vista is going super fast thanks to this speed utility ;) im liking this already...

This post was edited on 12-09-2006 at 03:58 PM by xsouldeath.
12-09-2006 03:57 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Well it would be possible by using a devious 3rd party application (such as a trojan) but that is an invasion of privacy due to the many of other possible things you can also acquire.  I should rephrase what I said before, it is impossible to get the closing of a window through the WLM protocol (and even MSN 7.5 I think) as there is no reliability with many many factors giving you many instances where it says a session is closed when the chat window is still open.  The only way to accurately do this is by having something running on their computer that reports back to you with information about them opening/closing windows with you (it could be done through a script but it is an invasion of privacy to do so and so you will find it hard for someone to do so around here).

Again I'm sorry for my rant, I just get frustrated some times when people don't listen.  I hope I have given you enough information to understand that it just will not work, I'm sure that their are other people on this forum that can go into more detail for you if you like but the main gist of it will be exactly the same.
[Image: markee.png]
12-09-2006 04:16 PM
xsouldeath

well heres some proof the gillys features
[Image: 83362_proof_122_454lo.JPG]
i tried a similar mercury utility and its notificaiton isnt as great ;)

gilly doesnt work on vista not sure why I need a way to moinotr the installed .ocx and .dll from the setup file but ya..

This post was edited on 12-09-2006 at 04:57 PM by xsouldeath.
12-09-2006 04:56 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: