What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player
Author: Message:
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player
well all ive gotta say is.....Why do you need video playback that much....you dont! a small screen and stupid music videos (  dont tell me that you think you will look cool walking down a street looking at this screen watching a video!) If its compusliry that you have video playback go for the Ipod Video. But my dad has that one and to tell the truth..its a bit heavy! I on the toher hand i have the Ipod nano 4GB. Its great. Its small and tiny! the battery is pritty good. so thats my sugestion.

ZUNE - it has video playback but its huge ...bad buttons....very heavy....and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.
www.mediaonthemove.net

11-29-2006 07:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.
Well, I have read somewhere that it's processor can support Linux, so, that can probably be bypassed when Linux is available for Zune :P

Or is Linux already available for Linux?
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
11-29-2006 07:42 PM
Ptoye

31 / Male / –
RE: RE: Need suggestion about buying a mp3 player
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
and the worst of all they tell you it has Wifi for sending song and stuff to your mates...the only downside you can only play them 3 times! and then you have to buy it! I think this then enliminated the great feature of the wifi...and also that all the wifi can do! so dont go for the Zune if u ask me.
Well, I have read somewhere that it's processor can support Linux, so, that can probably be bypassed when Linux is available for Zune :P

Or is Linux already available for Linux?

well mabay it can but ime not realy sure :P and i mean come on how many people (even if they are able to!) go to the bother of installing it! i mean you hardly want to buy a new MP3 player and then modifie it....and anways i am sure the microsoft will come up with some strange and wonderfully path for this!

i do agree with you though if this is possible it does put the zune further back up the leader board again but still the battery life and such just put it in a meer 3nd or 2nd behind the ipod :D

This post was edited on 11-29-2006 at 07:50 PM by Ptoye.
www.mediaonthemove.net

11-29-2006 07:49 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
If you want video playback, get a PSP, they're not very cheap though (at least in Australia).

Sandisk Sansa players (e200 series) seem nice, I've never used an e200 though (I've tried older ones). Will play whatever music, and just put on the USB mass storage device or use MTP if you really want. Photos and videos need to be converted though.

Don't get an iPod. Especially for video, because the battery life isn't enough.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
11-30-2006 09:33 AM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
If you do really want to use have video playback capabilities on your player, I suggest you to get Archos.
x2
11-30-2006 11:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sljaxon

I want more, I want Messenger Plus.

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
If you do really want to use have video playback capabilities on your player, I suggest you to get Archos.
x2
x3
Sam
One hoopy frood :D

[Image: theextraordinarymedleypyx9.png]
11-30-2006 10:23 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
I myself own a Sandisk Sansa e250, which is quite good, plays photos, videos, music and FM radio.

I uploaded an episode of something or other to it one day, when I found out it splits the video into separate parts about 10 minutes each.

I think it's meant for music videos, not 30-minute tv shows.

As for the battery, its as good as whatever player that was that actually did last the 20 hours as promised.:P
12-07-2006 06:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-7169265-...o.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
http://buy.ebay.com/mp3
maybe take a look at them ?? :\
...there used to be a signature here :)
12-07-2006 06:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report