What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » How much do you earn?

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
How much do you earn?
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: How much do you earn?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Where I live (Europe/Belgium... and payment in Belgium is more than the average in Europe) people who earn between €2500 - €3000 are people like managers of small companies, or people who already worked for 50years, or people with a very big family to support, etc...

A normal monthly fee for a normal worker who already worked for some years and who is single would be between €1500 and €2000...
Curiosity question about that:

You make a number of references to family size (or lack thereof).  Assuming we are talking about earned income (salary) and you are not factoring in payments under some government welfare program -- what does that have to do with anything? 

I would hope that you are not suggesting private employers in Belgium take in consideration family size to decide how much to pay people for the same work.

Or, perhaps, are you referring to after tax money and the difference in taxation based on family status?
12-01-2006 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

At the moment I earn around £40 a week (doing 6 hours on a sunday 9 till 3 at Somerfield).

But i'm getting a new job soon, at Next or Debenhams, with more hours.

Plus I get paid for the odd website design and working with my dad every now and then.

Oh, I also get £30 a week for going to school off of the government, then I get £100 at the end of every term as a bonus (h). I love EMA. But my Dad's accountant was stupid and we've been sent the forms back again, but when we send it off this last time, I'll get back payments from September to now :D.

This post was edited on 12-01-2006 at 02:32 PM by user27089.
12-01-2006 02:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Well I don't have a job and I haven't ever had a job (seems like it's rare for an 18y.o. not to have had a job) but I have decided that I going to look for one over the holidays as they are so long.  I can't wait until I finish my uni course though (accounting and mathematics [Image: refuck.gif]) because I should earn about A$45k a year as a starting wage for either an accountant or mathematicians (though I could earn more in the UK.... but I'll wait util I have some professional recognition after another 3 years of study [Image: xso_sad.gif])
[Image: markee.png]
12-01-2006 03:00 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I get around 160 Eur a month (from the government/income taxes, hard to explain in english what its for exactly...it's not disability pay and i'm not on the dole either even tho i don't have a job). Besides that i get/earn my webspace and domain.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-01-2006 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Is "none of your damn buisness" an option? :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-01-2006 03:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
flanders56

They call it Me

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: How much do you earn?
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is "none of your damn buisness" an option? :P

please read what i put at the top... i said...

"if you feel that this information is to private.. there is no need for you to comment.."

well that to some effect.
There's only 6325 days, 12 hours, 1 minute, 29 seconds ago until Christmas day
12-01-2006 05:20 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
I get £6 an hour, working at White Hart Lane, home of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

I serve drinks to the players in the tunnel at half time and full time and to anyone else who wants drinks in the tunnel. So i get to meet all the footballers (know a lot of the spurs players pretty well) and i get to watch the match from the tunnel just behind where the manager stands. I love my job, i would do it even if i wasn't paid, but the money is also nice. :p
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
12-01-2006 06:01 PM
flanders56

They call it Me

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: How much do you earn?
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr
I get £6 an hour, working at White Hart Lane, home of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

I serve drinks to the players in the tunnel at half time and full time and to anyone else who wants drinks in the tunnel. So i get to meet all the footballers (know a lot of the spurs players pretty well) and i get to watch the match from the tunnel just behind where the manager stands. I love my job, i would do it even if i wasn't paid, but the money is also nice. :p

HA HAH HA a nice one mate.. big up the yids.. im also a fellow spurs supporter mate.. nice job :D
There's only 6325 days, 12 hours, 1 minute, 29 seconds ago until Christmas day
12-01-2006 06:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How much do you earn?
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
I would hope that you are not suggesting private employers in Belgium take in consideration family size to decide how much to pay people for the same work.
no

quote:
Originally posted by AdeptusOr, perhaps, are you referring to after tax money and the difference in taxation based on family status?
yes..

if you live alone, have children (and their age), are married, etc is all taken into consideration.

Here we pay little for health care, social security etc, it is in the form of taxes and stuff. It is a better system as eg USA where extremely many people don't even have health care or can't afford it and sometimes they even don't help you out if you can't show some insurance papers and stuff. Health care here is almost as good as free, for everybody, the drawback is that everybody pays a little bit for everybody so paychecks are always a lot bigger (gross amount) than what you actually get (net amount).

This post was edited on 12-03-2006 at 05:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-01-2006 06:44 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Here we pay little for health care, social security etc, it is in the form of taxes and stuff. It is a better system as eg USA where extremely many people don't even have health care or can't afford it and sometimes they even don't help you out if you can't show some insurance papers and stuff. Health care here is almost as good as free, for everybody, the drawback is that everybody pays a little bit for everybody so paychecks are always a lot bigger (bruto) than what you actually get (netto).
Yes.  I am familiar with that.  :P  It wasn't clear to me what you meant at first, because it is customary (at least where I hail from) to quote pre-tax salary when discussing how much one is paid.

As for how great an extensive social services system at the expense of the taxpayer is -- like all instances of wealth redistribution, it is a step toward Karl Marx's "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" concept, which obviously only benefits those of lesser ability.

That said, I would most certainly rather pay for healthcare for some poor family with young kids than for invading random arab countries -- which, sadly, I am indirectly paying for at the moment. 

While I am not originally from US, I have worked in US longer than anywhere else and can recall only one 6-month stint I did ages ago, where I didn't have private health insurance fully paid for by my employer.  So, people who don't have it are obviously in the wrong line of work.

The upside of the US system is that if you have insurance coverage and if you need something serious done, you will get it done promptly and won't end up waiting in a long line.  That doesn't seem to be the case in countries with socialized medicine -- at least, it doesn't seem to be the case in Canada and UK.  I personally know people in both, who have waited for non-critical (but definitely quality of life improving) medical services for years.  That wouldn't happen here, because there is enough money in it for capacity to outpace demand.

Of course, now we are way off the original topic.  You should talk on IRC sometime; it could be fun.  :P
12-02-2006 01:04 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: