What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]

Pages: (16): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: [Release] SendTo v2.0[Final]
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Version 2.0 Is available w00t!

Will this fix the uninitalisation bug?
Segosa is newb.
12-25-2006 12:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Version 2.0 Is available w00t!
Will this fix the uninitalisation bug?
Yes.

There was a very stupid mistake before. The OnEvent_Uninitialize function was spelled wrong :P

-------------------------------------

EDIT: although a new bug pops up now.... But this time, it is the fault of Messenger Plus! itself I believe. For some reason a OnEvent_ContactSignout was called _after_ the OnEvent_Signout:
quote:
Debug
Function called: OnEvent_Signout
Function called: OnEvent_ContactSignout

which resulted in making an "WLM - undefined" subdirectory since our own email wasn't defined anymore, obviously because we've signed out...

This can be worked around in the script, but in fact, this should have never happened in the first place. And this also might have big consequences for many other scripts...

:/
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2006 12:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
o.o, that definitely sounds like a Plus! issue. I can't see, logically, how a contact can signout when no one is logged in anymore :P
Segosa is newb.
12-26-2006 02:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] SendTo v2.1 [Final]
v2.1 fixes the issue of the contact signing out after you have signed out. Thanks CookieWookie.
12-26-2006 04:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]
v2.2 is available.

In all the suffle there was a bug created but since then has been fixed.
12-27-2006 09:26 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]
Mate I used ur script since always and I hadn't have any problem... but since I installed the script file transfer 1.1 for plus! live... I got some problems... And your script always says that is not loaded... can you check this???

I have disable the catch option of the file transfer and nothing happened... then I have disable the script and the error kept showing but when I restarted my pc all funtions of your scripts were ok...

This post was edited on 12-27-2006 at 11:25 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-27-2006 11:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Does it happen with File Transfer Plus not loaded? Do you get any errors in the Debug Window? If there is any error caused by File Transfer Plus this isn't my or Cookie's responsibility to fix it would be the developer of File Transfer Plus.
12-27-2006 11:46 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]
I am not telling u that is you responsability mate... I said that what u can do to solve it? I will see for errors in debug window and then post it... test it you by yourself too... can u???
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-27-2006 11:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Just tried it seems to work fine without any issues.
12-28-2006 03:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] SendTo v2.2 [Final]
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Mate I used ur script since always and I hadn't have any problem... but since I installed the script file transfer 1.1 for plus! live... I got some problems... And your script always says that is not loaded... can you check this???

I have disable the catch option of the file transfer and nothing happened... then I have disable the script and the error kept showing but when I restarted my pc all funtions of your scripts were ok...
If SendTo (or any other script) is not loaded because you installed another script, this mostly always mean that that other script is at fault. And even more so if that other script uses self-made ActiveXs. And again even more so if that other script actually is a Plus!3 Plugin which is loaded within a script. (All things which FileTransfer also does).

Similar issues happen for example when you install a script which uses the Xniff ActiveX. Although in those cases you wont see anything abnormal, though Xniff makes that when you close Messenger a 'hidden' crash will occur (issue reported to Pai, but since he released Xniff I never heared of him again).

Also, it is not because a certain script fails to load or produces errors because you installed script X, it is the fault of script X. The fault can be yet another script Y which does some dodgy things. Again, such things happen with script which use Xniff for example. It has also todo with how Plus! loads scripts and how Plus! and the scripts handle ActiveXs and how those ActiveXs are made.

As it is, there is nothing in SendTo which even might result in a loading failure, not of its own, not for any other script, since it does absolutely nothing more than what an extremely simply script would do. It doesn't load any ActiveX, it doesn't modify anything on disc, etc... There is absolutely nothing 'advanced' about it (except for the subclassing, but that wouldn't interfear with anything as it subclasses a window which was created by SendTo itself).

Also, if you report problems, please always specify what those problems are, in detail. The same with errors; post the exact error messages you got, etc. Debugging or bug fixing or even searching the cause is as good as impossible if you don't.

;)

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I am not telling u that is you responsability mate... I said that what u can do to solve it?
nothing unfortunatly, since this is not an issue with SendTo.

Though you can/should report it to RicarDog who created FileTransfer:
http://www.filetransferplus.com/forum/

Note that FileTransferPlus Live is still a pre-release and is just a stripped down wrap-around version of the old FileTransfer plugin. And thus it is actually not a new release made for Plus! Live, but just the old Plus! 3 plugin made somewhat compatible with Plus! Live, with all the bugs and ceavats it brings with it.

This post was edited on 12-29-2006 at 10:41 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-29-2006 09:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (16): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] 11 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: