What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Driving me insane.

WLM Driving me insane.
Author: Message:
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. WLM Driving me insane.
Today i have been disconnected from servers and been signed out of wlm twice...

On the second time, i was unable to sign in. I kept on trying but it would just take me to the troubleshoot screen.

When i signed into Windows Messenger (not live messenger), i was told that my contacts continued to receive toasts saying i was going offline, then online, offline, then online...

It seems that every time i attempt to sign into WLM on my usual account, it says im going online for them, but i aint really going online...

I've tried signing into wlm with other accounts, and it has worked perfectly...there has been no problem, but its when i try to sign in on my address that it doesn't work.

Nobody else seems to be having this problem, and it seems odd that its only my usual account that won't sign in, while all others will.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Help is very much appreciated.

Edit: Fixed, problem with the contacts cache folder :dodgy:

This post was edited on 12-04-2006 at 01:20 PM by J.J.
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
12-04-2006 12:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM Driving me insane.
quote:
Originally posted by J.J
Today i have been disconnected from servers and been signed out of wlm twice...

On the second time, i was unable to sign in. I kept on trying but it would just take me to the troubleshoot screen.

When i signed into Windows Messenger (not live messenger), i was told that my contacts continued to receive toasts saying i was going offline, then online, offline, then online...

It seems that every time i attempt to sign into WLM on my usual account, it says im going online for them, but i aint really going online...

I've tried signing into wlm with other accounts, and it has worked perfectly...there has been no problem, but its when i try to sign in on my address that it doesn't work.

Nobody else seems to be having this problem, and it seems odd that its only my usual account that won't sign in, while all others will.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Help is very much appreciated.

Edit: Fixed, problem with the contacts cache folder :dodgy:

Hiya

I know your problem has been solved already. But just to let u know i too have been having trouble since last Thrusday. I was also being signed in, then out then in again all the time untill about Friday afternoon, when i was totally unable to sign in again.

I also tried using another WLM account and that one too worked. Gonna try clearing Contacts cache now.

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
12-04-2006 04:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: