What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING

Pages: (24): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Author: Message:
dajmi

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Hi everyone! I'm trying to install Windows Live Messenger 9, but I keep getting the same msg (Your computer has a newer version of Windows Live Messenger than the one you are trying to install. To install an older version, first remove the current version and then run this setup again) even though I do not have it anywhere in my comp... any idea what I should do? ^o)
02-08-2009 07:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dajmi
Hi everyone! I'm trying to install Windows Live Messenger 9, but I keep getting the same msg (Your computer has a newer version of Windows Live Messenger than the one you are trying to install. To install an older version, first remove the current version and then run this setup again) even though I do not have it anywhere in my comp... any idea what I should do? ^o)

try using ZapMessenger to remove all traces of WLM and then try running the installer again
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes, 27 seconds ago
02-08-2009 09:31 PM
dajmi

thanx very very much!! (A)
02-08-2009 10:48 PM
alpha136000

RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
quote:
Originally posted by Acoma
Well I finally got it working, thank god. lol, heres what I did to get mine working with latest MSN Live 9 and Messenger Plus 4.79b(beta).

1. Uninstall Failed install of Messenger Plus
2. Uninstall Windows Live Messenger(including live assitant , skydrive etc, i think there where 4 items for me to uninstall)
3. Uninstall Kiwee Winks(didnt even now i had installed that)
4. Using Explorer i deleted c:\program files\msn messenger and the Messenger Plus directory and Kiwee Directory.
5. Complete reboot/restart.
6. Installed Windows Live Messenger 2009(removed one or 2 items from optional products)
7. Ran and logged into Windows Live Messenger 2009 and then logged out.
8. Installed Messenger Plus 4.79b (very important to use this version or higher), i did included sponsor to start with and then i have tried uninstalling and all is great.
9. Restarted PC again, and hey presto all works including running multiple instances of MSN.

So im very happy to back running with Messenger Plus. Many thanks for a great product.

quote:
Hi All
I have the same thing happening to, and I'v run all the suggested routines of clearing of Windows Live and Messenger Plus, I've ran 2 adaware scans, removed all subdirectories according to fixing this. Installing Windows Live 2009 and immediatly after a Messenger Plus, but Messenger Plus is not seen in the Live application. My version for Windows Live 2009 are V2009(Build 14.0.8050.1202) and the version of Messenger Plus is 4.79b.
Help, anybody please, as I love the features of Messenger Plus to the point i rely on them.
Any asnwers would be greatfully received.
Regards
D.

Heyya, I tried this method but it Didn't work for me :(
03-02-2009 06:34 AM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
quote:
Originally posted by alpha136000
quote:
Well I finally got it working, thank god. lol, heres what I did to get mine working with latest MSN Live 9 and Messenger Plus 4.79b(beta).

1. Uninstall Failed install of Messenger Plus
2. Uninstall Windows Live Messenger(including live assitant , skydrive etc, i think there where 4 items for me to uninstall)
3. Uninstall Kiwee Winks(didnt even now i had installed that)
4. Using Explorer i deleted c:\program files\msn messenger and the Messenger Plus directory and Kiwee Directory.
5. Complete reboot/restart.
6. Installed Windows Live Messenger 2009(removed one or 2 items from optional products)
7. Ran and logged into Windows Live Messenger 2009 and then logged out.
8. Installed Messenger Plus 4.79b (very important to use this version or higher), i did included sponsor to start with and then i have tried uninstalling and all is great.
9. Restarted PC again, and hey presto all works including running multiple instances of MSN.

So im very happy to back running with Messenger Plus. Many thanks for a great product.

quote:
Hi All
I have the same thing happening to, and I'v run all the suggested routines of clearing of Windows Live and Messenger Plus, I've ran 2 adaware scans, removed all subdirectories according to fixing this. Installing Windows Live 2009 and immediatly after a Messenger Plus, but Messenger Plus is not seen in the Live application. My version for Windows Live 2009 are V2009(Build 14.0.8050.1202) and the version of Messenger Plus is 4.79b.
Help, anybody please, as I love the features of Messenger Plus to the point i rely on them.
Any asnwers would be greatfully received.
Regards
D.

Heyya, I tried this method but it Didn't work for me :(
Install the latest version of Windows Live Messenger from here, then install the latest version of Plus! from here. Also, do you have any other add-ons?

This post was edited on 03-02-2009 at 07:36 AM by Moh.
03-02-2009 07:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
helenaseta

alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?
alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer? adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
quote:
Originally posted by helenaseta
alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?
adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
03-07-2009 10:29 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer? adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
She (?) said she's having that "I can't see what i'm typing" problem...
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
2) posting that is useless, as he probably doesn't speak english
You're right =P
A lot of people by here go to orkut.com looking for help, others just google around, and when they can't find the answear, just google for "messenger plus forum" and it leads to here =)
And yeah... The right is: PM the person to ask if she/he wants help with translation. You can't just severely tell them they're wrong in a lanuage they don't understand, will have no results, and they can even go mad with you, and then things go way too bad =P
Back to the problem, first in Portuguese:
helenaseta, ninguém sabe direito de onde esse problema veio, só que muita gente tá tendo ele... =/ Até agora, você pode tentar desisnatalar completamente o Messenger Plus! e o Live Messenger, e então reinstalar. Se não der certo, so me mande um email e tentarei te ajudar! =) [blessedguys@gmail.com]
in English:
helenaseta, nobody knows exactly what's causing it, only that loads of people are having this same problem. =/ Up to now, you can try uninstalling Messenger Plus! and Live Messenger, and then reinstall them. If it doesn't help, send me a mail and I'll do what I can. =)
[Image: Empty.png]
03-08-2009 12:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
adicione ursademel@hotmail.com

Translation from Google -- Portuguese to English

someone help me install the new msn 9.0 and live so that when you type in the mailbox, I can not see what I am writing sometnte after sending. What to do?

add ursademel@hotmail.com
03-08-2009 10:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Joshua, never believe in automatic translator =P

"alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?"

means:
"Can somebody help me? I installed the new WLM2009 and Plus! Live but when I type in conversation windows, I can't see what I'm typing, only fter sending it. What should I do?"

quote:
Originally posted by [url=http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89456&pid=954767#pid954767
Menthix[/url]]Several people on the Dutch forum reported the same problem. None of them had any skins or scripts interfering and all the font/color settings were correct. The thing that solved it was uninstalling Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! and re-install it again.

Still not sure what's causing this for a relative large group of people, but at least there's a fix.
According to MenthiX, Uninstalling aind re-installing both just worked.
De acordo com o MenthiX, desistalando e reinstalando resolve.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-08-2009 04:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
2) How am I going to help him when I dont understand what he is saying, smartass.
that's exactly my point, refrain from posting.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-08-2009 04:53 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: