What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Scripting Contest - Final Strech

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Scripting Contest - Final Strech
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  Scripting Contest - Final Strech
Hello,

there is less than a week left before the scripting contest ends and we’ve already received some impressive results! more than 70 scripts have been submitted and if you still didn’t send us your own work, you have until December 19th midnight (GMT-8) to do so. After that time, every script will be carefully reviewed a second time and the winners will be announced in January, along with the distribution of a special edition of the Messenger Plus! installer including the selected scripts. If you already thought Messenger Plus! had a lot of features, wait and see what some of these scripts can do for you! (actually, you don’t have to wait, you can already download all of them in the official database).

Appart from that, some of you may have noticed that Microsoft recently updated the public beta version of Messenger 8.1 (to build 168). In case you would wonder, the current version of Messenger Plus! (4.11) is entirely compatible with this new version so you can go ahead and update if you’d like.

See you in a week! (can you feel it? Christmas is here!)
Patchou

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 12:37 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-14-2006 12:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripting Contest - Final Strech
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello,

there is less than a week left before the scripting contest ends and we’ve already received some impressive results! more than 70 scripts have been submitted and if you still didn’t send us your own work, you have until December 19th midnight (GMT-8) to do so. After that time, every script will be carefully reviewed a second time and the winners will be announced in January, along with the distribution of a special edition of the Messenger Plus! installer including the selected scripts. If you already thought Messenger Plus! had a lot of features, wait and see what some of these scripts can do for you! (actually, you don’t have to wait, you can already download all of them in the official database).

Appart from that, some of you may have noticed that Microsoft recently updated the public beta version of Messenger 8.1 (to build 168). In case you would wonder, the current version of Messenger Plus! (4.11) is entirely compatible with this new version so you can go ahead and update if you’d like.

See you in a week!
Patchou

Special version of MPL with the scripts already installed? I'll wait to see that, sounds nice.

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 12:40 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
12-14-2006 12:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I hope the installer will ask the user which scripts they wish to install instead of forcing them on the user.

Other then that Dempsey and I are strugling to get Screenshot Sender 4 ready for an update.
12-14-2006 01:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Yay, Christmasanukkah :cheesy:

* prashker smells Hanukkah air :D

And I smell the end of the contest :cheesy:
12-14-2006 01:27 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Yey!!!
Liked the news Patchou (even  I'm not a Script Developer :( -> just a Script User)
Anyway... liked the idea of the "special instaler" with scripts.;..

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I hope the installer will ask the user which scripts they wish to install instead of forcing them on the user.
In my opinion, the instaler have to instal the scripts without any asking... It's just to warning the people on "News" that the instaler instals the scripts...... If it has an opition to choose, I think people will get more confused... Or it can be done an opition to the user choose to instal Plus! with or wothout the scripts (without choosing witch one)
12-14-2006 01:35 AM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Yey!!!
Liked the news Patchou (even  I'm not a Script Developer :( -> just a Script User)
Anyway... liked the idea of the "special instaler" with scripts.;..

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
In my opinion, the instaler have to instal the scripts without any asking... It's just to warning the people on "News" that the instaler instals the scripts...... If it has an opition to choose, I think people will get more confused... Or it can be done an opition to the user choose to instal Plus! with or wothout the scripts (without choosing witch one)

Errr. no. I'm 99% sure Patchou will give users the option to choose, with a list and a small desc. of each script.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
12-14-2006 01:37 AM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
thnx for reminding me, almost forgot to finish the script :o

* Supersonicdarky wants the t-shirt :P
12-14-2006 01:39 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by q25
Errr. no. I'm 99% sure Patchou will give users the option to choose, with a list and a small desc. of each script.
In anyway Patchou make the instaler, I'm 100% sure in one thing: I'll be waiting to this "special release" of Plus!!!! :D(Y)
12-14-2006 01:41 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
more than 70 scripts have been submitted
:bow:

Now... flood me with more! :)
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-14-2006 07:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
ok, should we have got emails from frasie yet?

This post was edited on 12-14-2006 at 07:46 AM by Jimbo.
12-14-2006 07:46 AM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: