What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Mac Users ?

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Mac Users ?
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: Mac Users ?
MsgPlus! only exists as an add-on because it has been impossible to get Microsoft to implement features users want in the official Windows client.  Anyone wishing to bring their favorite features of Plus! to Mac should look into contributing to Adium or another open source project, where they will be a welcome addition.   
12-10-2007 02:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
danielapva

– / Female / Flag
I think Patchou should try new adventures. And I'm sure many people would be grateful with him.

01-14-2009 04:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
OMG YOU POSTED IN AN OLD THREAD, YOU CONVINCED ME (btw I'm Patchou)
01-14-2009 04:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by danielapva
I think Patchou should try new adventures. And I'm sure many people would be grateful with him.
Send him a Mac, and he'll try =)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Btw, I was not kidding. Send me a Mac and I'll check it out, I'll keep my word.
* Patchou prays
[Image: Empty.png]
01-14-2009 02:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I was gonna post the exact same message I posted but saw I already posted haha...Ill address this anyways again...

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
send me a Mac (a new one) and I'll think about it.
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Well if Patchou is really serious about this, how about a donation page? Or a donation link in the store? That way everyone that really wants to see Plus! on a Mac can donate. And BTW don't give the Mac back Patchou; I think the man deserves to keep it after his hard work.

Can't a member (who uses a Mac) set up a donation website and all those donations could go to Patchou so he can buy his Mac?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
if Patchou is really serious about this, how about a donation page? Or a donation link in the store? That way everyone that really wants to see Plus! on a Mac can donate.
* MenthiX summons the Apple fanboys
Im serious. Its a new and exciting challenge for Patchou. Any programmer loves that.

I dislike Apple. I like Windows. I have mixed feelings about unix (on that note, no Plus! will never be on unix/Linux)

quote:
Originally posted by vikke

The Macintosh API/framework doesn't support programs to extend each other like Windows does. This is also why Macs are more resistant malware
More people spreading BS....

OSX doesnt have viruses not because of its API, its because in order to install a malware (or any software) you must type in your password (Think of it like UAC)

Anyways, if a Mac member truely wants to see Plus! for OSX, then create a donation page. Patchou (IMO) is kinda slow on ideas (not his fault, there aint much else he can do) so this would be a new project for him. I, personally, have intrest not because I own a Mac but because Id like to see that Patchou could do with the OSX API.
01-31-2009 11:50 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
I'd really like to see this as well actually. I have an old mac computer i use sometimes, and I would love to use plus on it.
I would also love to see what patchou could do with the osx api.
I would also be willing to set up a donation page, for all those who would donate - as long as patchou would publicise it, so people would actually donate.

Go patchou :P
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

02-01-2009 01:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
I'd really like to see this as well actually. I have an old mac computer i use sometimes, and I would love to use plus on it.
I would also love to see what patchou could do with the osx api.
I would also be willing to set up a donation page, for all those who would donate - as long as patchou would publicise it, so people would actually donate.

Go patchou :P
Then set it up :) Patchou will contact you to make sure the funds get to him for this.
02-01-2009 01:47 AM
janlukaz

I laugh at Death's face.

32 / Male / Flag
Well if you get like 500 people to pay $3 each then you could buy a macbook pro to Patchou. Someone make a pool on the subject. I don't have a Mac, but I plan on doing, and I'd be glad to give $3 for MsgPlus! on Mac.
[Image: 18531ij2.png] [Image: 15553zq0.gif]
02-01-2009 02:44 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
He did say he'll attempt to make a Mac version and send the device back if he doesn't succeed. If anyone starts a donation thingie, make sure you aren't guaranteeing anything and make clear what happens to the money when the Mac is returned.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-01-2009 03:05 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Mac Users ?
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
He did say he'll attempt to make a Mac version and send the device back if he doesn't succeed. If anyone starts a donation thingie, make sure you aren't guaranteeing anything and make clear what happens to the money when the Mac is returned.

yup, and while you're at it, make sure you send me some extra cash with the Mac. If I have to join the club, I'll need an iPod Touch, some cool Apple ear-plugs and a smart ass pair of jeans ;)
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-01-2009 03:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: