What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » The sponsor, inappropriately/incorrectly labeled by Messenger Plus! users

2 votes - 3 average   The sponsor, inappropriately/incorrectly labeled by Messenger Plus! users
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. The sponsor, inappropriately/incorrectly labeled by Messenger Plus! users
* Approved by: Patchou*

First off, let me justify this, I am sick and tired of all the forum members being annoyed and flaming the complainers, do so, and you WILL be reported to forum staff regardless of your side. You are violating the forum rules and no one is left out of it. Flaming is VERY INAPPROPRIATE and UNACCEPTABLE. Patchou wants your support, not your expertise as flamers. Choosing to support Patchou is acceptable, but when you use that as an excuse to flame other users, it becomes a problem. Patchou appreciates the support you have/are given/giving him. But has already asked that if you are too angry with the users comments, DO NOT REPLY. If you are irritated because of the users comments, ignore them. Patchou doesn't want a community full of anger and hate; he wants a community where people can come for support without being flamed. He wants a community where people can have their freedom of speech without being ridiculed or flamed. A community where support is given freely, people are dedicated to help another user and no one is singled out. If you want to comment on the sponsor or the persons complaint about it, do it correctly and abide by the forum rules. Calling people “faggots” and other things of that nature will not only damage the reputation of this forum, but the reputation of the forum staff too. Knowing how it feels to be frustrated at these topics I just either ignore it, or reply in a seemingly calm and respective manner, with no profanity, no inappropriate comments and most definitely abiding by the rules. Now I must admit that most of the users do deserve it, but you must remember that this community provides support and is friendly, we are NOT supposed to be here solely for the purpose of insulting others, regardless of your attitude towards others, if it is inappropriate leave it off the forums.

Secondly, Patchou has considered alot of different options before partnering with lop. If you can do better, then please no one is preventing you from suggesting a good alternative. A paypal account will not work, as many people choose not to pay. A popup is the exact same thing that the sponsor is doing. A nag screen will only anger users as much as the sponsor, as it is no longer optional? Replacing the MSN Messenger ad at the bottom of the contact list, is illegal, so no. Making 2 versions of Messenger Plus! one for payers and one for normal users (like Microsoft is doing with MSN Messenger 6 and MSN Explorer 8) is just ridiculous and Patchou will not do that as his software is completely free. If your ideas involve taking over MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger in any way, then forget it. It is sad to see how you people thank him after all the "worshipping" of him and his program, you have done. The minute he puts something you don't like you come here and complain. You show your originally "life-long" support by posting putdowns and flaming him, ON HIS OWN FORUM. Causing members to get irritated and thus making them use profanity and inappropriate words to show their irritation towards the other users argument. Patchou has been very kind to allow users to insult him on his own "turf" and has been even more so by not locking or removing offending posts. Before you think of posting a complaint about the sponsor, think about: If your comments are constructive criticism. Are not offending to anyone in any way, what-so-ever. Detailed and if you can support your claims.

The sponsor from lop.com is cleaner than the original, why? because when someone decides to sponsor Patchou, he gains money. He has used that money to: change the lop.com sponsor to his specifications, get Nintendo Game Cubes for his Win a Nintendo Game Cube competition and to provide a living for himself. Yes, he does use some of the money for himself, but he most definitely deserves it. Patchou can easily choose to stop development of Messenger Plus! whenever he wants, and we can't do a thing to stop him. I'm really surprised he hasn't done so with all the rude comments, flames and putdowns from his users. Patchou is a hardworking man, who listens to his kind users with great ideas. It’s thanks to you that Patchou has gotten his add-on this far, and on the flipside, it will be thanks to you that he stops. Patchou doesn't deserve any of the comments the users have made so far, yes he DOES need criticism, but it must be constructive, not just a flame and not just repetitive statements. The development of Messenger Plus! will continue as long as Patchou has a reason to continue. If you stop supporting him, he will stop developing. If you carry on insulting, flaming and putting down his work, who knows? Maybe he will cease development of Messenger Plus!. Support Patchou and the development will continue, remember and consider this before you post anything that may anger the members here and Patchou's supporters.

This is my opinion, I have a right to freedom of speech, don't like my opinion, then ignore this.

Regards,
EvilSeph

P.S. To the Forum Staff: A user has already stated this but, you need to enforce your rules and show the members that if they break the rules they will be warned/persecuted, or this forum will become a source of chaos.
07-25-2003 04:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: