What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important note about Windows Messenger 5

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Important note about Windows Messenger 5
Author: Message:
johngalt

MsgPLUS 3.50 ROCKS!!!!

53 / Male / –
RE: Important note about Windows Messenger 5
lol - a lot of ppl still don't get the difference here.

MSN Messenger 6 is for ppl to freely download and use as a chat client / file sharing client etc. by anyone anywhere - it features a lot of cutesy options like backgrounds, lots more emoticons, etc.

Windows messenger (currently working on Release candidate 2 (5.0.337)  Is geared more towards business users of the Micro$oft Exchange messaging service and Win NT/2K/XP Messaging capabilities that are going to be (supposedly) enhanced in Windows 2003 Server.

You cannot download and install Windows Messenger unless you already have it on your computer - I.E. it came with your version of Windows XP / Server 2003.

You *CAN* download MSN Messenger onto just about any computer running any version of windows.

And BTW, Patchou - know I am a newbie and all (at least here) but Plus! 2.20 runs great with RC2 .337.

One more sneaky thing - all people currently running Windows Messenger 4.x - if they try to "upgrade" now to Windows messenger 4.7, or try to find the MSN add-ins to extend functionality, like being able to check email, then they are directed to the new MSN Messenger 6.  Just for that reason alone I will not download and install MSN Messenger 6 - b/c a little hunting will show you the files are still intact on their servers and still available for download.

Thought you would like to know.
John L. Galt  ;-0
GrabIt ßeta Tester and Shemes.com Forum Moderator
quote:
Originally posted by "W. Clement Stone
Bondage is...subjection to external influences and internal negative thoughts and attitudes.
quote:
Thread count has been elevated
07-25-2003 10:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
MSN Messenger will become 2 versions in the future, one for subscribers with more features, and one for normal people, known as the "lite" version.
07-25-2003 05:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jenkin2k

rising from my ashes

– / Male / –
u sure about that ?? 
i guess it wont matter ... plus will add the necessary we need ... mayb patchou will add the features in the subscribers version in plus for the lite version ( me the dreamer !! )
the truth in itself --- a romour
07-28-2003 03:33 PM
jeanhub

35 / Male / –
yeah windows mess 5 sux lol
[Image: sig.php?account=Jeanhub&ext=.png]
13019 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes, 36 seconds ago I was 0 years old (now I am 0 years old of mental age ;))
07-28-2003 07:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Important note about Windows Messenger 5
quote:
Originally posted by jenkin2k
u sure about that ?? 
i guess it wont matter ... plus will add the necessary we need ... mayb patchou will add the features in the subscribers version in plus for the lite version ( me the dreamer !! )

urm, that'll be illegal :P so no, your dreams are too far-fetched :P Patchou can't do that, because he doesn't want to.
07-28-2003 11:05 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
thats gonna be gay if they make it into 2 versions :( they'll prob stop adding new stuff to the 'lite' version but just fix bugs, but they'll do all new stuff for the subscriber :@ meh, who cares, MSN 6 is good enough for me!
07-28-2003 11:08 PM
jenkin2k

rising from my ashes

– / Male / –
version 6 is plenty but what about the annoying " new version availabe " pop ups that we have to go thro as to when they do come up with next version .... n i guess it will come with a lot more adwares ... who knows it might also b an ad factory ...
07-30-2003 10:27 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
just bug matty to make a newer version of his update blocker (if it doesn't work with new versions :P)
07-31-2003 12:03 AM
H@t Trick

is this why msn 5 works fine for me but i get what i assume are pointer errors (memory address errors) when ever i try to open windows messenger 4.7 or after msn 6.0 logs in?
07-31-2003 06:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jenkin2k

rising from my ashes

– / Male / –
i dont get such errors ... i use both msn messenger 6.0.602 .. n windows messenger 4.7 .. i log into both n never have any problems  ....

This post was edited on 08-01-2003 at 05:46 AM by jenkin2k.
07-31-2003 07:52 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: