What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
2 votes - 5 average   * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
After some work its completely succesful.
Did you ever mail Patchou after he posted in this topic? Why is there still no Turkish included in the setup :o?

This post was edited on 03-04-2007 at 07:42 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-04-2007 07:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Raplex, the file you've attached is still not completely good. For instance the compatibilitylevel is still not set properly.

- TranslatorsNames is empty....

- Musn't there be a space between "%1" and "yi" in:
[Window.LogViewer]DeleteConfirm ?

- Although in the Translation Guidelines it is stated that Patchou will add the LanguageID, you can add it yourself if you add the correct id. It is put in the tranlsation guidelines because it is highly important that the id is correct and mistakes can't be made with it. Anyways, the correct id for Turkish is "tr". So in the [FileInfo] section add the line:
LanguageId=tr

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 11:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-05-2007 11:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Did you ever mail Patchou after he posted in this topic? Why is there still no Turkish included in the setup :o?

I did but there is no reply from patchou.

Edit:
Thanks for your attend.I done,Tr added.
but;

quote:
- Musn't there be a space between "%1" and "yi" in:
[Window.LogViewer]DeleteConfirm ?

There musn't.It's grammatical.

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 04:55 PM by RaPLeX.
03-05-2007 12:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In the newly added Turkish translation file there are some errors:

- [Sounds.Languages]Lang16:  "Flemenkçe" is not the translation for Dutch.

- In some places there is a space before ":", while in all other places there isn't (consistancy error).

- [Window.Pref.EventLog]LblEventViewFullTransp is too long (you can use percentages als alternative)

- If there shouldn't be a space between "%1" and "yi" in [Window.LogViewer]DeleteConfirm, what about the space before "yi" in here?: [Window.AboutBox]LblText2=... "Messenger'ı Kilitle" yi seçin....

- [Window.Pref.QuickTexts]TriggerCtrlNumPad not translated?

To make it clear, last two are not "this is wrong, fix it" errors like the others, but a "dunno for sure about this one"
05-18-2007 11:33 AM
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
quote:
[Sounds.Languages]Lang16:  "Flemenkçe" is not the translation for Dutch.

No,its true.

quote:
[Window.Pref.QuickTexts]TriggerCtrlNumPad not translated?

Already translated 8-)
quote:
- [Window.Pref.EventLog]LblEventViewFullTransp is too long (you can use percentages als alternative)

Its just 16 characters.
[Image: 23rs9ya.gif]
05-19-2007 02:27 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
Back to the forums, even as a official translator. Thanks Patchou :D
quote:
Thanks for your report. However I've just searched Wikipedia for both Flemenkçe and Hollandaca. As far as I understand, Flemenkçe is the general name of the language, as Hollandaca (I guess you mean the correct word is this) is a dialect of Flemenkçe. It says Flemenkçe is official language of Flaman region which is north of Holland. It also says that Hollandaca is the dialect of Flemenkçe which is spoken in Holland. Anyways, it will be corrected as Hollandaca in the next version, because Turkish people, even me, aren't familiar with the word Flemenkçe (I copied it from dictionary). We call your country as Hollanda, and we must call its language as Hollandaca, musn't we?
quote:
- In some places there is a space before ":", while in all other places there isn't (consistancy error).
I assume you're not talking about emoticons' codes for emotion sounds and "Thank you for your trust and support :)" thing in about Plus! window. In that case you're right. There are two of them: You're right for one of them totally (thanks) but the other was left like that intentionally because I thought Patchou did it intentionally too (Check Quick Text adding window). (Oh, is it me who sticks so much to the original texts :D, remember my translation for Idle status). Anyways, it'll be corrected as well.
quote:
You have written the position of translation according to the first match of your search on the file. There is a second one of the same word for Contact List Transparency. I've talked about it with Patchou and requested him to enlarge the frame a bit, but I think due to lack of time (it was the last hours when Turkish is included) he said he couldn't enlarge it and adviced me to find another thing there not necessarily a direct translation of the original one.  I sent it but it seems I was too late for it. If Patchou doesn't enlarge it for the next version, I'll replace it with another one but not a percentage (I think, it doesn't suit there).
quote:
- If there shouldn't be a space between "%1" and "yi" in [Window.LogViewer]DeleteConfirm, what about the space before "yi" in here?: [Window.AboutBox]LblText2=... "Messenger'i Kilitle" yi seçin....
Right, it will be corrected. It seems you've caught on Turkish grammar.
quote:
- [Window.Pref.QuickTexts]TriggerCtrlNumPad not translated?
I have left it as original intentionally because I thought Turkish computer users are familiar with those terms. However I tried to set a combination for messenger lock now consisting of one of those keys and Plus! automatically wrote Ctrl+Num 8 for instance. So I'll remove that ".Pad" part in the next version.
quote:
To make it clear, last two are not "this is wrong, fix it" errors like the others, but a "dunno for sure about this one"

No problem.
05-19-2007 10:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: * NEW*MP live! 4.20.0262 Turkish translation :)
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Back to the forums, even as a official translator. Thanks Patchou :D
quote:
Thanks for your report. However I've just searched Wikipedia for both Flemenkçe and Hollandaca. As far as I understand, Flemenkçe is the general name of the language, as Hollandaca (I guess you mean the correct word is this) is a dialect of Flemenkçe. It says Flemenkçe is official language of Flaman region which is north of Holland. It also says that Hollandaca is the dialect of Flemenkçe which is spoken in Holland. Anyways, it will be corrected as Hollandaca in the next version, because Turkish people, even me, aren't familiar with the word Flemenkçe (I copied it from dictionary). We call your country as Hollanda, and we must call its language as Hollandaca, musn't we?
Wrong...

"Flemenkçe" in Turkish means Flemish. Flemish is the language of a Dutch speaking region of Belgium! It is not the language of any region of the Netherlands (which is a different country) at all.

In short: "Flemenkçe" in Turkish, "Flemish" in English, is not the same as Dutch. It is a sublanguage of Dutch spoken in Belgium. Dutch is the official general language spoken in Belgium and the Netherlands and is translated as "Hollandaca" in Turkish.

PS: Holland is not a country either, it is a region in the Netherlands.. Although Holland is often misused to refer to the Netherlands.

This post was edited on 05-20-2007 at 11:20 AM by CookieRevised.
05-20-2007 11:01 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
One of the major dialect groups of Dutch, Flemish, is spoken in the southwestern Netherlands and the northwestern part of Belgium. The whole of Dutch variants spoken in Belgium is also often called "Flemish" and sometimes claimed to be a separate language, an issue which can be very controversial for the Dutch-speaking population of Belgium. Officially, both Belgium and the Netherlands adhere to Standard Dutch. The difference between Belgian and Netherlandic Dutch is roughly comparable to the difference between American and British English, though only pronunciation-wise as both countries use the same written standard.
quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
Flemish is the term for the dialects of Dutch spoken in Flanders or, alternatively, the forms of Dutch spoken in Belgium. The latter definition, though being the most common, is considered too precise by linguists, since the political borders seldom entirely correspond to linguistic ones. The official language in Belgium is Standard Dutch (i.e. the Dutch standard language), along with French and German.
These are some summary information that I could find on Wikipedia. Maybe you want to read: Flemish - Dutch
All Turkish people call your country as Hollanda, also we don't have any other word for your country in Turkish. So we must stick to it.

To make it clear; I can't claim that I know those issues better than you since you are a Dutch.
05-20-2007 11:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Those wikipedia articles completely contradict what you claimed they say. And they completely say the same thing as I did.

But I know the relationships between Dutch, Flemish, Holland, the Netherlands, Belgium, etc quite well, I live here... I don't need a wikipedia article for that.

Flemish is a sublanguage of Dutch. Dutch is the official language for the Netherlands and Belgium and is translated as "Hollandaca" in Turkish.

My country is not "Hollanda", it is "Belçika". Each country has his own name, no matter what language you use.

This post was edited on 05-20-2007 at 12:04 PM by CookieRevised.
05-20-2007 12:02 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
The Turkish wikipedia article seems very inaccurate...
Flemenkçe links to Flemish (in the "In other languages" panel), while the Dutch language links to Flemenkçe too. That can't both be right, Flemish and Dutch are simply not the same.

Language:
Nederlands == Dutch == Hollandaca = The official language in the Netherlands and one of the official languages in Belgium
Vlaams == Flemish == Felemenkçe = The type of Dutch they speak in Belgium (a dialect of Dutch, although dialect is probably not the right term)

Country/region:
Nederland == the Netherlands == Hollanda = .nl = The country i live in
België == Belgium == Belçika =.be = The country Cookie lives in.
Vlaanderen == Flanders (don't know the Turkish version of that) = The northern part of Belgium, where the official language is Dutch (although very often referred to as Flemish)

People in the Netherlands do not speak Flemish (ofcousre some do, but not officially).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-20-2007 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: