What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]

Pages: (20): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system
And i would also like to suggest that with "Time Online: x.xx minutes" that be changed to "Time Online: x Hour(s) and xx Minutes". Because as stupid as it sounds when i first saw it i didnt understand it :$.

This post was edited on 01-07-2007 at 08:11 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
01-07-2007 08:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
me either...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-07-2007 02:46 PM
psycho_maniac

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
its stat center. i disabled EVERY script and enabled them one at at ime and looked at the cpu of msn messenger each time i enabled one.............i got to stat center and booooooooom 99% cpu for msn messenger and i will always have stat center disabled until this bug is fixed. i hope its fixed soon.

That is very strange, however it still doesn't explain the 10 second lag every 30 seconds. Theres no function in Stat Center that runs every 30 seconds... infact theres only one repetitive function and that only occurs at midnight.. once a day and doesnt' do anything CPU intensive.

When you enable Stat Center it does save a few things to all your online contacts. It shouldn't use up 99% of CPU. How many contacts do you typically have online at one time? What are your computer's configuration (ie. CPU etc)? Can you please type (!VER) in a conversation window and paste the results here! Also what version of Stat Center are you running?

The CPU Usage should go down to nothing after a few seconds anyways if it is Stat Center causing it. After this point you shouldn't notice it again.

What other scripts do you have running? There could be a possible conflict.. although i doubt it.

Thanks for your report! I'll look into it, but without indepth information i mightn't beable to do much until the next major version.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0168
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254
1gig ram, 1.7ghz processor
i usually have about 10-20 contacts online.

you want my whole list of scripts?
babelfish translator
computer details
count down
email tooltip
find links
google utilties
group conversation warning
hopperlive
linked chats
now playing
offline protector
pie block
quick contact adder
reduceMEM
sendto
--stat center (disabled)
--toast message (disabled)

im pretty sure its not another script because i enabled it with every other script disabled and it my messenger froze.

nobody else is getting this problem besides me and another person?
01-08-2007 12:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [UPDATE v1.0.4] Stat Center - Contact statistics system
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
Firstly, whilst using stats center (as in having the window open), my messenger does lag on opening and closing windows :S...

Secondly, last time i checked it was 2007 not 2561...or have i missed something here :S and i have signed on a helluva lot of times since the 13th of december :(
[Image: 2561lolvm8.jpg]

hmm okay guys well i'm going to have to recode how it saves data but i'll fix the existing bugs first before i do that. I'm curious as to what the specs of your computer are? Because when you open a chat window i only save one piece of data..

EDIT: Also i normally have around 50-60 contacts online at one time and i'm normally online for at least 6+ hours a day (remember stat files are saved daily so you should experience nill lag at the start of the day and really.. none at all through the rest of the day) and i experience NO lag. I have 1gig ram and a 3200+ AMD 64bit processor.

Also guys learn to read the thread before posting known and fixed bugs - lookie lookie :P:

quote:
Ok, the 'Last Signin' bug has been fixed. Once i fix the other one i'll release an update through this thread and auto-update. :)

This post was edited on 01-08-2007 at 01:02 AM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
01-08-2007 01:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
I'm curious as to what the specs of your computer are?
Hm.
Win Xp home sp2 with p4 3ghz and 512 ram...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-08-2007 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
heh, I've just downloaded it, I'll install it in a second. One suggestion though, for the Conversation Statistics page, there should also be characters without spaces listed there, as that's interesting to know as well (there's with spaces, but not without). MS word has that feature (characters (including spaces) and characters (excluding spaces)).

More on this later maybe :) Good job(Y)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-08-2007 01:12 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
-----

For the people experience lag, do you have developer debugging tools for scripts activated? If so this is most likely the reason for the lag you are experiencing! This mode should not be enabled for normal use and only for developer debugging purposes!!!

-----

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Win Xp home sp2 with p4 3ghz and 512 ram...

Well there shouldn't be a problem there! Have you disabled all your other scripts, restarted WLM and tried it again? It looks like i'll be talking to Cookie soon before i start recoding how it saves to make sure i get everything done optimally :).

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou

heh, I've just downloaded it, I'll install it in a second. One suggestion though, for the Conversation Statistics page, there should also be characters without spaces listed there, as that's interesting to know as well (there's with spaces, but not without). MS word has that feature (characters (including spaces) and characters (excluding spaces)).

More on this later maybe  Good job

haha thanks for the support :P, i haven't had much time at all lately - too many things have been happening so its been hard to find time to fix all these small bugs!

Anyways heres the latest code base i have on my computer. Hopefully it will fix the issues you are experiencing. This should be considered a beta release.. not because its buggy (it should be less buggy then 1.0.4 but because i'm not releasing it to everyone yet).

.plsc File Attachment: StatCenter.plsc (38.95 KB)
This file has been downloaded 245 time(s).
Segosa is newb.
01-08-2007 01:34 AM
psycho_maniac

38 / Male / –
i installed the newest version and do not notice the lag. although i haven't fully tested it yet because i dont have anybody online as its very early in the morning.
01-08-2007 12:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
P4R4D0x

This fixed the loading problem too..

"[Beta] Stat Center had difficulty loading the data for this statistic. Please email chestah@gmail.com with your stat files zipped (located in the Msgplus Live! installation folder, then in the scripts directory under 'Stat Center', then it will be contained in the directory named as your email). Thankyou." - This comes up in display name also, is thsi just a problem with the new beta or should I follow the instructions?

Still doesn't fix the incorrect online times...any suggestions on this?
If this is something that just happens, maybe a reset option for individual contacts maybe in order.
01-08-2007 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by psycho_maniac
i installed the newest version and do not notice the lag. although i haven't fully tested it yet because i dont have anybody online as its very early in the morning.

Ohh thats a good sign - thankyou :). I haven't changed too many things to do with speed yet so it would be excellent if you could keep an eye on this for me!! Also make sure you have 'developer debugging tools' disabled!

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
This fixed the loading problem too..

"[Beta] Stat Center had difficulty loading the data for this statistic. Please email chestah@gmail.com with your stat files zipped (located in the Msgplus Live! installation folder, then in the scripts directory under 'Stat Center', then it will be contained in the directory named as your email). Thankyou." - This comes up in display name also, is thsi just a problem with the new beta or should I follow the instructions?

More good news! But its really only a temporary fix. If Stat Center can't load data from a statistic it will display that message. If it displays for you then please do follow the instructions it says!! It will help me permantly fix the problem :).

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
Still doesn't fix the incorrect online times...any suggestions on this?
If this is something that just happens, maybe a reset option for individual contacts maybe in order.

Which time thing? Total minutes signed in currently or the last time signed in (which should be fixed)?
Segosa is newb.
01-08-2007 01:05 PM
Pages: (20): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: