What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]

Pages: (20): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
As far as i know there is to be no further work made on this script by Chestah, as the last time i spoke to him he was trying to hand it off, but i cannot be certain.
Thats VERY bad news :( and very unproffesional by a developer.
Not unprofessional at all, developers of scripts do these things voluntarily, and most of them in this forum are either attending high school or college or university, or simply to busy to work on the script, so for you to say that it is very unprofessional that is rather insulting considering how much effort people actually put into these scripts voluntarily!

Thanks for that comment! I'm sorry guys i haven't had time to further develop this script! I had lots of great ideas for this script as i was making it. A lot of them i had to leave out to get it submitted in time for the old scripting competition Patchou held! I continued working on some of the ideas i had but eventually ran into issues with speed and stability which i solved some of them in the 1.5 beta.

Unfortunately, i started University last year doing a dual degree of Law and Economics (also tutoring economics this year) so my time to develop Stat Center is virtually 0 - not to mention i haven't programmed for 2 years so i'd essentially have to relearn Jscript again!

I wouldn't call myself a developer, but a university student (well back then a high school student :P) that used to code in my spare time! If anyone wants to take over feel free! This script has great potential if you can fix up the speed/storage issues.

In particular if you can fix the stats --> save --> registry function then it shouldn't be too hard to add in some new features making use of the statistic functions.

I might have a look at this script again in my holidays but i can't promise anything :).

EDIT: Also, as for formatting and losing your stats. It was my intention to add a backup/export feature that would save your stats in a single file and then you would be able to import these stats after a format or whatever to get them back! So thats an idea if someone wants to continue development :P

This post was edited on 04-30-2008 at 02:06 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
04-30-2008 02:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chikara

– / Male / Flag
New feature proposal
I would like to see a feature or script capable of answering the following questions:
At which time of the day does the user have the most activity in messenger?
At which time of the day does the user have the least activity in messenger?

By which time of the day i mean a rough scale of hours.
I think 24 values like "activity between 7 pm and 8 pm" could easily stored and the accuracy of one hour would be appropriate.

Not only would this information be fun but also useful: such information could be used to optimize messenger usage.

My request ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=84898 ) for such a script has only got a reference to stat center so far so i thaught this would be the right place then.
07-20-2008 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: * Stat Center 1.5* [NEW] [Performance Issues Fixed]
Its too bad Chestah couldnt work on this anymore; Had alot of potential.
05-13-2009 08:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Its too bad Chestah couldnt work on this anymore; Had alot of potential.
Actually yes :(
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-13-2009 10:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
Can contact stats be ported from XML to the registry?
05-15-2009 07:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
immortalradish

i have a problem with stat center, basically, my online time in one year is reported as 1400 hours or something which is fine, but the online time listed for one contact is listed as 344861 hours, which if im right they would have to have logged in 20 or so years before msn was even invented, and stayed logged in ever since ;)
05-16-2009 07:13 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by immortalradish
i have a problem with stat center, basically, my online time in one year is reported as 1400 hours or something which is fine, but the online time listed for one contact is listed as 344861 hours, which if im right they would have to have logged in 20 or so years before msn was even invented, and stayed logged in ever since ;)
Unfortunately this script is highly outdated and has not been worked on for a very long time, the creator gave up the project quite some time ago, so it could be an incompatibility issue, but the chances of any fixes are minimal, sorry.
...there used to be a signature here :)
05-17-2009 06:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kuremo

Hello ! i have a suggestion for you !

would it be possible in your script that it calculates the scores of each contacts ? i mean :

the one that have the highest : conversation characteres = 100 %, and all the others are divided by it and it is auto calculated ?

exemple (sorry i'm french it's hard to explain)

Mister A has sent 1000 characteres.
mister B has sent 800 characteres.
Mister C has sent 350 characteres.

So, mister B is scored 80 %, mister C 35%, and, of course, mister A 100 %

But it is maybe different for a same user, and another option (words/characters etc...) e.g :

Mister A has writen 900 words. (but still 1000 characteres !)
Mister B has writen 1100 words. (but still 800 characteres !)
Mister C has writen 600 words. (but still 350 characteres !)

So it is : mister A is scored (900/1100) 81,8%, mister B is scored (1100/1100) 100 %, and mister C is scored (600/1100) 54,5%.

perhaps make an average of all the calculates possible ?

that's an idea ^_^ maybe it's too complicated to do !

thanks again !

This post was edited on 12-21-2009 at 03:26 AM by kuremo.
12-21-2009 03:24 AM
Pages: (20): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: