What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Reporting Someone?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Reporting Someone?
Author: Message:
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
RE: Reporting Someone?
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
last time i check, any explotation, or manipulation, of a minor (which this has fallen under in previous court cases) is agenst the law and is a jailable offence

If thats the case on the internet (I think its based on where in the world you are, im not sure?) and you want to take it further, then do. Im not saying don't, Im just saying is it worth the hassle your sister will be put through for it to all end with him getting off with community service? Im not saying b*stards like this should get away with it, im just trying to suggest the easiest solution.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
12-28-2006 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
last time i check, any explotation, or manipulation, of a minor (which this has fallen under in previous court cases) is agenst the law and is a jailable offence

If thats the case on the internet (I think its based on where in the world you are, im not sure?) and you want to take it further, then do. Im not saying don't, Im just saying is it worth the hassle your sister will be put through for it to all end with him getting off with community service? Im not saying b*stards like this should get away with it, im just trying to suggest the easiest solution.

What if it is not only his sister? What if this guy keeps doing it to other people, and eventually he will find his victim, and then.. ill leave whats after that to your imagination. And then for the rest of your life you will think "wow, i could've saved that girl" Trust me, you would know who it is if it was on the news... anyways if you saw the guys face maybe you would recognize him.. take the risk and go on cam with him...
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
12-28-2006 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Reporting Someone?
Hmm, just reading this thread...

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK
I doubt reporting it would make any difference IMO.
It makes a big difference.

There is a very good chance he is doing this to other people too. If you don't report anything, nobody will ever find out and he can keep on doing it.

Also, reporting such stuff to MS can sure make a difference. Remember that the MSN chatrooms were closed by MS exactly because of such abuses. And that MS is activly involved in finding ways to make such things safer, think about the Child hotmail accounts which are available, the Parental Tools, and also the (not yet widely used) Electronical ID Pass so you are sure whom you talking to in chatrooms, etc...

----------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
If you are using WLM 8.1 go to Help > Report Abuse
This will lead you to the WLMessenger Abuse Page.
Funny, how it took until now for someone to give the proper instructions. Instructions which are right in front of you in the menu. Doesn't anybody look into menus anymore? :/

This post was edited on 12-29-2006 at 08:31 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-29-2006 08:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Doesn't anybody look into menus anymore? :/
Not since messenger can hide the menus and they have a lot of the functionality in buttons (and with mess patch I even have an 'options' button).  The only thing that I go into the menus for is to bring up the script debugging window, I guess it is a shortfall that the messenger people should look at.  It would be very useful to have a button in the chat window that was along the lines of "report this person" as it would be a constant reminder that it is there and it would be easier to use as well.

Btw, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that they can make a difference and that something should be done about this.
[Image: markee.png]
12-29-2006 09:11 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Not since messenger can hide the menus
still no reason though...

The menus are still available, and one should still make it a habit to browse them from time to time (especially when you install a new version).

In general, there are a lot of questions on this forum that would never have been asked if the person in question simply browsed the menus and options though...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=770420]

[/OFF TOPIC]

.png File Attachment: messenger_menu.png (13.42 KB)
This file has been downloaded 297 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-29-2006 at 10:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-29-2006 10:23 AM
joey

Epoc Faileur.

33 / Other / Flag
u should tell your sister that shes not the only one that its ever happened to and re-assure her, after all she could be really afraid now

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
01-07-2007 11:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: