What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Anorexia

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
Anorexia
Author: Message:
asairel

-=uNnAmEd W!tCh=-

– / Female / –
RE: Anorexia
that is a bad thinking azn... other people always find something to eat at least for a day and you get lazy just because you think there you can do other things instead of eating? Oo i think you need a week in those starving country so you'll see that the way you were thinking about eating is a "waste" of time is very wrong...

p.s

gluttony is not counted :p
[Image: ate3fg7.gif]
how do you hold on to someone you've never met?
01-08-2007 05:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
I'm not really anorexic but I've never gained weight despite numerous attempts over the years. I am in the "safe zone" quite easily but I'm still not as "heavy" as I'd want to be (so to say).
Sometimes I gain some weight but in a year or so I lose it again. I guess I can blame my busy schedule and running habits.
Over all I'm not really happy but then again I don't have any problems either.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-08-2007 05:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anorexia
Emaciated    = Under 15 BMI
Anorexic      = Under 17.5 BMI
Underweight = Under 19 BMI
Normal         = 19 - 24 BMI
Overweight   = 25 - 29 BMI
Obese           = +29 BMI

what i got of the anroxeic site on my first post. not sure it's right, im 18.5BMI and i seem to be jsut about right.

This post was edited on 01-08-2007 at 07:38 PM by Fuse.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
01-08-2007 07:32 PM
Aeryn

– / Female / –
RE: RE: Anorexia
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
What do you find gross about eating? :o
Everything about it.
The fact that your mouth is just a really long hole with your anus at the end.
Think about what your body is doing when it is eating, in your mouth, you're turning some food into a pulp, then you it is just going down a tube where acid is chucked on to it and it eventually turns into poo.
Gross.

O_O Exactly! I've been starting to have these exact same thoughts lately. Eating is a pretty disturbing activity indeed.

And I've always been normal-weight or rather a bit skinny, but that's just how I am, I haven't suffered from anorexia.
01-08-2007 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Haz
O_O Exactly! I've been starting to have these exact same thoughts lately. Eating is a pretty disturbing activity indeed.

And I've always been normal-weight or rather a bit skinny, but that's just how I am, I haven't suffered from anorexia.
wtf at the first part (:dodgy:) and exactly like me for the second part (:)).
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-09-2007 08:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anorexia
i dont eat breakfast or lunch but i eat dinner and i have like fruits through out the day :P
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
01-11-2007 04:19 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
Emaciated    = Under 15 BMI
Anorexic      = Under 17.5 BMI
Underweight = Under 19 BMI
Normal         = 19 - 24 BMI
Overweight   = 25 - 29 BMI
Obese           = +29 BMI

what i got of the anroxeic site on my first post. not sure it's right, im 18.5BMI and i seem to be jsut about right.

Totally wrong. Anorexia is a metal disease, it cannot be any way based on your weight.
01-11-2007 04:21 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation

Totally wrong. Anorexia is a metal disease, it cannot be any way based on your weight.
Exactly, a morbidly obese person can have anorexia, but just not have any physical signs.
[Image: markee.png]
01-11-2007 04:31 PM
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Anorexia
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation

Exactly, a morbidly obese person can have anorexia, but just not have any physical signs.

like i said i got it off the site on my first post.. the whole site seems to be wrong, saying that anorexia is right etc.
01-11-2007 04:45 PM
pidgywidgy

hi,

i've just stumbled upon this site. i think you guys have some misconceptions about what anorexia is.

firstly, to be medically classified as anorexic... you do have to have a bmi of less than 17.5, and there are other criterion; for example your periods stop etc. someone who doesn't show all these symptoms would not be medically classed as anorexic, they'd be EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified).

Anorexia doesn't really affect fat people. 9 times out of 10, they've searched the web for diets etc, joined a pro-ana site (which promotes an anorexic lifestyle), stopped eating for a week.. and call themselves anorexic. it's most likely that these people are bulimic. this doesn't mean that they make themselves sick, but will binge eat and then over compensate by restricting food. anyone who is anorexic doesn't binge eat and struggle to stay away from food, they struggle to eat food. it's a fear of food, and a fear of eating. someone suffering from anorexia would most likely have to force themselves to eat, rather than use will power to stay away from food. a lot of times on pro-ana sites you'll hear girls saying things like 'i totally ruined my fast today. i ate 2 slices of chocolate cake' etc... these girls aren't anorexic.

anorexia doesn't come from deep down insecurities. and it's not true that people struggling with anorexia have no contentment in their lives. it's a desire for perfection.
10-30-2008 10:26 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: