What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Dear scripters, please read! Some command guidelines.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Dear scripters, please read! Some command guidelines.
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: IMPORTANT! Dear scripters, please read!
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by markee
I see no point in Now Playing using !commands
I have no freaking idea where that post is. I just copy pasted it from dt's post since i couldn't find it
Of course there is a point for musicNowPlaying having "!" commands. Remote commands can be used to allow file sharing directly and to see what your contact is hearing.

The full sentence was as follows.

quote:
I see no point in Now Playing using !commands and for the likes of mocker, if the person has plus the they just need to put "/text /command" or they need "//command" and for mocker to remove format codes an this is the way it should b done because it is the exception and is the one who is making it hard.

It does make a little bit of a difference when you have the whole lot.  I just see no reason for it when there are alternatives that keep with the standard.
Btw it was in my first post in this thread
[Image: markee.png]
01-09-2007 12:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: IMPORTANT! Dear scripters, please read!
quote:
It does make a little bit of a difference when you have the whole lot.  I just see no reason for it when there are alternatives that keep with the standard.

I completely agree with markee and MenthiX. Scripts that try to be different and use ! or others like ^%&* should not be allowed in the script database. They should stick to / commands.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
01-09-2007 12:48 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: IMPORTANT! Dear scripters, please read!
quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:

I completely agree with markee and MenthiX. Scripts that try to be different and use ! or others like ^%&* should not be allowed in the script database. They should stick to / commands.
Are you serious that you want users to use double slashes for remote commands?
I think you may have not got the point of the discussion here.
We (what me, markee and dt) were talking about was the fact that remote commands (commands that my contact can call from my pc) use "!" or "." instead of "/" (which would actually need to be "//" to be sent actually)
The use of double slashes ("//") is the reason why I'm saying that its dumb to use slashes for remote commands.

Bottom line is..
Use "!" or "." for remote commands and "/" for local ones

Hopefully scripters know what remote and local commands are.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-09-2007 08:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
I agree totally with Cookie, hence why I haven't already added this support.  I do not want to make it easy on people to make scripts using !commands and try to force them to use the proper /commands.  I see no point in Now Playing using !commands and for the likes of mocker, if the person has plus the they just need to put "/text /command" or they need "//command" and for mocker to remove format codes an this is the way it should b done because it is the exception and is the one who is making it hard.  All other scripts _don't_ need to use !commands.  Furthermore, I will make a script to fix the problems with StuffPlug so there is no conflict with these formatting scripts until TB works out something better.

I will update this post later with the StuffPlug fix.

EDIT: Please find the temporary fix attached.  I have made it so that you can add more exceptions as well, just add to the exceptions array.

"The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger Plus! script pack"

markee why happen this??? I have the fix script already installed but I did it in the copy to script folder way... :-# I tried to pack it by mayself and doesn't work neither... (N)

This post was edited on 01-09-2007 at 05:15 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-09-2007 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Dear scripters, please read! Some command guidelines.
I've got to say that I've always used / comands for local and ! commands for remote.

I do agree that a standard method needs to be enforced and that scripts not complying should not be allowed into the database.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-09-2007 05:11 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
I fixed the script, there was just a problem with the script info file.  Sorry about that.
[Image: markee.png]
01-10-2007 03:35 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
nice thanks! now it works OK!
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-10-2007 04:22 AM
lysp

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Are you serious that you want users to use double slashes for remote commands?
I think you may have not got the point of the discussion here.
We (what me, markee and dt) were talking about was the fact that remote commands (commands that my contact can call from my pc) use "!" or "." instead of "/" (which would actually need to be "//" to be sent actually)
The use of double slashes ("//") is the reason why I'm saying that its dumb to use slashes for remote commands.

Bottom line is..
Use "!" or "." for remote commands and "/" for local ones

Hopefully scripters know what remote and local commands are.

Exactly, i agree 100%.

Msn is using irc to model the internal command standard of /, and that is only used for internal/local commands. Since the introduction of script bots, etc.. the remote command has almost always been !.

That has been the standard for 10+ years (or more), so i dont see why it should be any different. Plus the // for a remote command is just plain ridiculous.
06-03-2007 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Psychotic™

60 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP
Hi,
I am a newbie here and with this script stuff.  I have installed only 2 like the weather and answer machine.  I have read and cannot find where you put the code at like /weatherme and /weather2you at??

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Psychotic™

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
It has come to my attention that there are some incompatibilities between formatting scripts and other scripts and add-ons.

The problem lies in the fact that formatting scripts put tags infront of commands too (sentences starting with ! or /), wich causes those commands not to be executed.

So if you guys could put in somehow to ignore sentences starting with ! or / all those problems will be solved.

Thank you.

Summary
Here's a listing/advice of/on how i think things should be (in order to try and set some standards and prevent conflicts):
  • Scripts:
  • User commands should always start with "/" (use of anything else is discouraged)
  • Remote commands should start with "!" (again please make this the standard, don't use anything else)
  • To prevent troubles executing any command sentences beginning with "/" and "!" should be ignored in (message)formatting scripts.
  • Other add-ons:
  • Should/have to use "!" for their commands as a standard in order to not conflict with Messenger Plus! Live user commands (this is the only time "!" should be used for anything else than a remote command)

10-15-2009 12:52 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Script commands are run from the conversation window.
10-15-2009 02:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: