What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » How to post a new script/bugs

How to post a new script/bugs
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. How to post a new script/bugs
I think that we must do a guide of how to publish a new script... and how to fix the post of the one that already exist...

for example:

POST TITTLE

[RELEASE/"RELEASE DATE"] "SCRIPTNAME"/"VERSION"

POST CONTENT
[list=1]
[*]Explanation of what the script do
[*]Known bugs
[*]Change log
[*]Future features or releases
[/list]

BUG CONTENT
[list=1]
[*]Pc config, Windows version, WLM version, Plugins installed, MP!L scripts installed
[*]Summary of the bug
[*]Step by step of what you did to find the bug
[*]Suggestions
[/list]

maybe will be better to use this as a standar... so here we will use it and understand it faster and easier...

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 01:03 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-12-2007 01:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Val

30 / Other / Flag
RE: How to post a new script/bugs
This has been posted before. I can't find the thread anymore but I have seen this type of thread before. This kind of stuff is well know to most people who make scripts.

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 02:41 PM by Val.
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
01-12-2007 02:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How to post a new script/bugs
quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy
This has been posted before. I can't find the thread anymore but I have seen this type of thread before. This kind of stuff is well know to most people who make scripts.

I think you are thinking of >>When Making A New Thread<< like I was, but I was sadly disappointed at it when I found it.  This thread is much better IMO, though I'm sure it can be critiqued further.

PS. Warmth, make sure you close the [list=1] tags with [/list=1] rather than just [/list] ;)

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 03:34 PM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
01-12-2007 03:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to post a new script/bugs
Such suggestion is good, but in practice it does not work.

The forum is not more organized or tidier then before. In fact, since the "[release]" and "[request]" tags are used sometimes, duplicated threads about same subjects/scripts have been created because people think they should create a new thread each time instead of continuing existing threads.

Also, it is not because a thread has a "[release]" tag, that there aren't suggestions in that thread, and it isn't because a thread has a "[suggestion]" tag, that the thread doesn't contain updates of scripts, making the tags actually meaningless.

The line between a suggestion, question, release, beta, etc is simply too thin if not non-existing...

The suggestion will only work if all threads have a same and consistant tag and if no confusion can exist to its contents (like on the soundpack forum; though people can't often even get that right and thread titles must be altered by mods all the time to keep it coherent) and if everybody use those tags properly.

In short: intention is good, but in practice this simply does not work and has a potential of creating more duplicated threads (and thus chaos) than it organises things.

This post was edited on 01-12-2007 at 08:21 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-12-2007 08:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: