What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event log not logging all events

Event log not logging all events
Author: Message:
timothyholt506

O.P. Event log not logging all events
The event log on mine logs the actions of all contacts but sometimes doesn't log when someone goes offline. It does most of the time but a lot of times it doesn't notice when someone goes offline or changes their status. I am using Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812 and Messenger Plus! Live version 4.11.0.254. My operating system is Windows XP SP2
02-14-2007 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event log not logging all events
This is part of a well-known larger problem. Ensure you're running the latest version of Plus!, and see if it still happens.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-14-2007 10:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jacobite1

Hi,  I have the same problem.  Almost no events are being recorded in the eventlog despite all users being selected.  The ones that are logged appear to be completely random .... sometimes a user will be logged while other times they won't.  Sometimes their logoff status is recorded evn though theyweren't recorded logging on.Even my own status is not always reflected. All very odd.

This has only started to happen since the last version and was working fine up until then.

Version is now 4.20.0.262 on XP pro wth SP2 and all fixes.
I tried disabling all of the scripts but no change.

Is there any way to g back to the last version, which worked fine for me. Sadly I didn't keep its install file and can't see previous versions on the web site.

Cheers
Alan
04-09-2007 04:47 PM
Blondebeard

Bump!
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using Messenger Plus version 4.20.0.262 and Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178.00 on XP pro with SP2. This seems to be an important problem, any news on this?

This post was edited on 04-29-2007 at 04:46 AM by Blondebeard.
The Legend of Monkey Island
http://www.milegend.com
04-29-2007 04:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
timothyholt506

O.P. RE: Event log not logging all events
I am still having this problem. It doesn't always log when someone signs out. It's VERY ANNOYING. I am using Messenger Plus version 4.60.0.326 and Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 on XP pro with SP2.
08-20-2008 11:50 AM
monkeymum

Hey I'm having this same problem of Event Viewer not able to record down all status change and signing in and offline too. Does anyone know how to fix it?? Thanks lots. It used to work very fine, but only happened recently. I use Windows XP SP2, Windows Live Messenger 8.5, Messenger Plus 4.70. When the problem occurred I didn't change any of my Windows or Messenger Live or Messenger version, but just suddenly won't log everything. My email is "spiritword@gmail.com". Thanks again.
08-21-2008 08:45 PM
timothyholt506

O.P. RE: Event log not logging all events
I also have only noticed the problem again recently. The SendTo script doesn't even see the contact online before the contact goes offline without it being logged. It seems to always log when a contact signs in and sometimes even logs duplicate sign ins.
08-22-2008 03:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: