What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Should i leave sixth form? Advice Please.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Poll: Should i leave sixth form?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Should i leave sixth form? Advice Please.
Author: Message:
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: Should i leave sixth form? Advice Please.
It really depends on exactly what you plan to do when you finish. Will you need the maths then?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

02-27-2007 11:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Should i leave sixth form? Advice Please.
im not gonna use the decision of this poll to decide what i do, i just wanted some other peoples opinions.

The school have changed their policy, they want eveyone to do 4 a levels, but when we joined, we had to do 3 and one AS.

its not just me in this situation, everyone in the year who didnt want to do 4 a levels is considering going to a college instead.

Thanks for the advice

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
02-27-2007 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Are you in Lower 6th or Upper 6th? If you are in Upper 6th, then you only have a few more weeks (I have about 6 teaching weeks left) before you are free, it'd be a shame to fall at the last hurdle.

If you are in Lower 6th, I would stick it out for the rest of the year, even if you do crap in AS Maths, then it doesn't matter because you can then go to college and do the three subjects you want.
It'll be really difficult to join a new school/college mid year, and your grades will probably suffer as a result.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
02-27-2007 04:48 PM
Giulia

Fly around the world, little bird !

38 / Female / Flag
Do you have any dyscalculia ?
I read from someone here that even if you have problems at Maths, you can solve it. Unfortunately it's not my case at all, maybe because I have done speech therapy for Maths (sorry I don't know if speech therapy will be the exact translation since it doesn't have any link with problems about speaking, spelling....) early enough to correct this problem. I don't say that anyone with problems at Maths has dyscalculia, but I think that it's a possibility to explore.
Giulia ;)
02-27-2007 05:39 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Should i leave sixth form? Advice Please.
i got an A at gcse, but core 1 and 2 are just the stuff i didnt understand at gcse, in more detail.

im in lower sixth.

Is there a law that says about not changing a contract halfway through, i and everyone else signed up for sixth form with all information stating you can choose to drop a subject or carry one (have it in writing) but now, halfway through sixth form theyve decided to change it.... surely thats not allowed?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
02-27-2007 05:56 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
dont quit..
02-27-2007 06:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
I'd argue that they would have to stick with what you argeed to at the start. I mean, it's not fair on you, especially if it's causing undue stress. I've been in that position and I had to drop a subject because I was on the verge of a breakdown.

Try talking to someone about it, explain how you are feeling about it. The way I see it is if you have to continue with it, your not going to be able to concentrate on the other subjects, and therefore not do so well with them.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7265 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes, 22 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
03-01-2007 12:48 PM
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
If you think you are wasting time and effort staying then go. But you should do the best you can and if it means going through all those tests and working your ass off then stay. But think about what you do really hard, discuss it with other people because this is a big decision and making the wrong choices can be bad.
[Image: 202180054.png]
03-01-2007 04:05 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: