What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msn keeps logging out

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
msn keeps logging out
Author: Message:
richcobley

O.P. msn keeps logging out
since i installed the latest messenger and then messenger plus a week ago or so, i keep getting logged out randomly from messenger.  i can't seem to find any suggestions on the web that match what the problem i have.  it's incredibly difficult to use like this.

sometimes messages that have been sent don't come through to the messenger window either.  i'm using a linksys wag200g router and have turned my firewall off on the pc to check it's not that.

any help or directions appreciated.  is this a problem with m+ or with messenger itself?

rich.
02-27-2007 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
omg

RE: msn keeps logging out
Dude i am havin the exact same friggin problem. I wish i could help i really do but i can't seem to figure  out a solution ive tried everything but nuthin works its ******* me off i cant talk to anyone for longer than like 5 minutes at a time! AHHH HELP!
02-28-2007 03:30 AM
richcobley

O.P. RE: msn keeps logging out
I've seen messages like this popping up a lot recently on different forums, but no-one seems to know the answer.  I just want to know whether it's a messenger or a m+ bug...  surely someone here can answer that?
02-28-2007 07:55 AM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Its because your internet gets disconnected for some time. The protocol seems to have got very sensitive to this and thus this is signing you out again and again.
02-28-2007 08:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
turbo2322

32 / Male / –
i've been having the same problem, my pc logged me out bout 3 times in 10mins.
i noticed that it happens every time my pc scans 4 viruses.
some1 plz help us
03-10-2007 11:23 PM
richcobley

O.P. RE: msn keeps logging out
After weeks of trying to resolve this I still haven't found any way forward.  The number of people who are now telling me they have the same problem is growing by the day, and it is really really fustrating.  I've emailed MS but they haven't replied.

I realise this isn't a messenger plus issue but can anyone here help?  All the forums I've read suggest that this is a problem with ADSL losing connection and having to re-dial, during which time msn eats any messages that you send or receive, without any warning.  After about 15 secs of this 'frozen' behaviour msn logs out.

I've tried keeping open the Window's Performance monitor set to monitor total bytes/sec for my wireless adaptor, to see if the net connection really does drop out around the time messenger goes crazy.  It's really hard to tell tho, and sometimes i can use firefox with no trouble while msn is doing it's crazy thing.  Is there any way I can constantly monitor whether my ADSL is connected and get a warning when it disconnects?

I've tried using Yahoo messenger over the past few days but it seems like it has the same problem.  Is there any way to increase the time that messenger waits before it logs out, and some way for it to store messages and not dump them?

If this really is an ADSL issue then I need to work out why my router is disconnecting so frequently, but it's hard to tie down exactly where the problem is at the moment.

Any help or suggestions really are gratefully recevied.  It's a reall bummer having not been able to use messenger for the last few months :(

UPDATE.  I have installed a utility that shows my download and upload speed constantly, updated every second in a graph.  I have just sat here for ten minutes with some youtube videos playing and surfing the web, while logged in to two msn accounts with messenger live plus.

my internet connection remained absolutely fine, my download speed was around 75kB/s.  youtube never faltered, my adsl connection wasn't lost, and i was surfing the web as well which was fast, snappy and never faultered.  AND YET messenger logged me out twice over that same ten minutes stating connection problems.  if i had lost my adsl connection my router would have waited 15s before reconnecting.  i would definately have seen the connection drop out in the graph, youtube would have stalled downloading the videos and i wouldn't have been able to load web pages.  but that did not happen.

so come on guys, this is clearly not an adsl or net connection problem.  what has happened to messenger recently to cause these connection problems?  what can i do to get it back?  somebody please help :)
03-25-2007 12:55 PM
Growler

All I can say is that this is not a connection ie broadbanf problem as it happens on my company network as well

this is a msn messenger problem

I have had this for a couple of weeks

Come on Microsoft sort this problem
03-26-2007 07:57 PM
Ahapartridge

Same issue for me, very annoying.

It has been happening for about 2 weeks, I mainly use Live messenger and have uninstalled and re-installed but still the same. I have also tried using 'Windows Messenger' but that is the same

This post was edited on 03-28-2007 at 09:40 PM by Ahapartridge.
03-28-2007 09:40 PM
Growler

ok have sussed out my problem

I am running Zonealrms on my laptop.

If I disable it, I do not get logged out, but with it running I do.

so there is a conflict somehwere between the 2.

This happens from time to time with updates etc.  So I will live with it disabled for a while and try in a few days
04-01-2007 01:20 PM
mummycool1

55 / Female / –
Hi all, me and my mate have this problem also lately and so does my daughter. It seems to happen more as the day goes on, which to me might appear to be a server overload problem? We also have the missing messages problem, messages being sent but never received and this is both ways. Again could this be a server problem? I think this has to be down to ms and a problem with their servers not being able to handle the amount of people using wlm or msn messenger as I've tried switching back to the older versions and it makes no difference. Its driving us nutso. I hope they fix it soon its extremely annoying.

This post was edited on 04-11-2007 at 09:37 AM by mummycool1.
04-11-2007 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: