What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msn keeps logging out

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
msn keeps logging out
Author: Message:
evul

RE: msn keeps logging out
SOLUTION:

change pw^^
works good here :D
05-27-2008 06:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
owenjay89

Hi

having the same problem. msn live messenger continually logs in and out to the point where you can't have a conversation with anyone as the minute you say hi it logs out!

have tried everything mentioned, we have just disabled zone alarm to check whether this makes any difference.

i don't get it, my sons msn runs fine and i can run msn from my laptop and my husbands but no matter what we try my daughters just won;t stay connected.

My sons desktop has been serviced by an expert in the last few weeks who removed zonealarm and added another system instead so i am wondering if this could be the problem...he also removed loads ofc*** that teenagers have a habit of downloading without thinking about!, which may be why his works so well now!!

any updates would be gratefully received
06-02-2008 01:17 PM
evul

correcture on myself... passwor change don't work >.<

06-02-2008 03:37 PM
Evostance

I have the same problem.  Just posted a thread about it (sorry)

I dont have a firewall or anti-virus.  Vista's does the job :)

Its so annoying

As for the guy who said YouTube would stutter if his net went down, that is not true.

YouTube uses progressive downloading not streaming.  It downloads little chunks of the video bit by bit and stores them on your computer for playback.  If you want some real streaming try the BBC or SkyNews (not iPlayer)

This post was edited on 06-05-2008 at 06:35 PM by Evostance.
06-05-2008 06:32 PM
busterfinder

Grin  RE: msn keeps logging out
simple solution

http://www.ebuddy.com/#msn

it not msn, but at least you can still chat to your mates :D
07-13-2008 03:42 PM
dragonroka27

hi, I'm having a similar problem to some on this thread. I log onto msn, and it will sign me out every few minutes and then reconnect. sometimes it will connect again, mostly it fails and I have to close msn altogether and start again. Pages in internet explorer also fail to load when this happens bring up the "Internet explorer cannot load this page" page. It started happening a couple of days ago and it's driving me absolutely crazy! *tears out hair* I don't know how to fix it, or what's wrong with it or anything...

I don't know if it's related, but when I turnedon the computer today there was this green disturbance along the top of whatever I open - very annoying. Looks a bit like what the computer did right before my graphics card threw in the towel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank heaps,

kris.
12-21-2008 12:51 PM
lewi4125

Shit happens

31 / Male / Flag
I found that if you sign in using Ebuddy , then sign back in with your windows live messenger or what ever version you are using , it stops you from signing out.

02-01-2009 12:46 PM
msnlogsmeout

basically the same problem...as soon as i log in on msn live (which i just downloaded because i was getting sick of all the ... do you want to update BS) it logs me out after 4 seconds ... i tried going to the msn.com site but there was nothing there to look for my problem ... also for some reason it wants me to download  adsadclient31.png ... after looking into that on google apparently that is a form of virus ... wtf is going on?
11-06-2009 12:09 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by msnlogsmeout
basically the same problem...as soon as i log in on msn live (which i just downloaded because i was getting sick of all the ... do you want to update BS) it logs me out after 4 seconds ... i tried going to the msn.com site but there was nothing there to look for my problem ... also for some reason it wants me to download  adsadclient31.png ... after looking into that on google apparently that is a form of virus ... wtf is going on?
First of all, by this weekend everybody will need to upgrade to the latest version of Messenger. This is for you own good since previous versions contain bugs, or even worse, securty holes.

Second, if 'it' asks you to download some obscure picture than it most likely means you indeed have a virus/worm.

So the first thing you should do now is running some anti-virus program after you have booted up in SAFE MODE.

And after everything is cleaned again, re-download (from official sites) and re-install everything.

----

Please only download from official sites!! Do not fall in the trap of downloading Messenger (or another program) from an unofficial site just because you want to keep on using an old version which is full of bugs and securty issues.

Remember that in many cases, whenever you have virus, your contacts in Messenger and other contacts like the ones from you address books in Outlook or other email program, are in danger too! Many worms/virus spread by using email. So all those people can get infected too.

Hence, being safe is not only a good thing for yourself, but also for your contacts...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-06-2009 03:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
HaRdZ

I just registered to help solve this problem lol :)
Listen up ..
The 2 most common types of problems one can possibly face in MSN messenger are automatic logouts , and that stupid error that happened with pretty much everyone who was forced OFF WLM 8.1 to lame WLM 8.5 beta , followed by WLM 8.5 (14.0.8089.726 is the current default) ..
Ulitimately , WLM2009 is coming around ..

The 2nd error am talking about is clarified right here

http://www.hwdot.com/images/Windows%20Live%20Comm...s%20to%20close.jpg

In other words , most people (did / are going to) face the very same type of crap due to MS security claims ..

I was so (guinea peg) like , that i actually tried everything even Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 debug engine ( It's okay if you havn't heared of it , it's a Developer Studio for Programmers / Developers
)

The working solution (for me) was
1) Change your country/region ( no joke i moved myself to California lol)
2) A tiny MSN virus removal tool ..
3) Restart your PC

There are certain types of viruses/malwares that affect MSN's behavior and screws it up

http://www.msnvirusremoval.com/

here is what i used and it worked like a charm , it solved the 2 problems actually ..
the error message , and the automatic logout .. just gone :)

GL and hope it works fine for you as well
12-10-2009 01:30 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: