What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Views on gay marriage

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Views on gay marriage
Author: Message:
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Views on gay marriage
As stated by several people, there's no reason to stop marriage between to people if they love each other.
Before religion mattered really much in our world, now it's not that important, but still some countries take them a bit too serious. Religion shouldn't have a shit to do with lawes (IMO), as it's not the religion that's supposed to control a country.

In Norway, there's been huge discussions on this, and it's still blurry, but if your gay/bi/lesbian you can marry one of your own sexual alignment. However you can't adopt a kid, so it proves that religion has too much power than it should. I doubt that the contries are going to just suddenly switch neutral, but we're allowed to hope.

If you love someone, you love he/she, and the state/country/laws should have anything to do with that. It's your personal way of beeing, and you're just as human as everyone else.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
03-18-2007 03:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
somelauw

34 / Male / –
It would be discrimination if it wasn't allowed, but I really don't like to see them kissing in public. In the Netherlands it is already allowed since 2001. In the United States it will probably last a decennium or 2 before they change mind. People there are all religious.

The United States say they are liberal, but actually they aren't.
Please add one 6 to my postcount and I'm tha Beast!
This signature was written when my postcount was 66
03-18-2007 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Yeah... my views on gay marriage are completely summed up by the name of a facebook group I'm in.

Against gay marriage? Then don't get one and shut the f*ck up.
03-18-2007 04:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
the funny part is this is just a semantic issue

the definition of marriage is between man and woman

once they change it for gay marriage, some idiot in the corner will want to legalize bestiality too
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
03-18-2007 04:10 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I understand if the churches don't want to marry gay couples, but that should be up to them to decide, not the states. They should definitely be allowed to "register" their relationship (not sure what it's called in English, when you just go to some office and say that you are now married, which gives you all the benefits of a married couple in the eyes of the law).
I agree fully with the above.
About children, I think that they must be grown to understand it....
They have a mind too, so the adopted child's opinion must be taken in account.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
03-18-2007 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Something I heard one day that I thought really summed things up properly: "Gays have the right to be as miserable as any other person so let them get married".

So really, why should we care? and ShawnZ, don't you think it's going to far to compare gay marriage with animal sex? if a guy loves another guy and wants to live with him, I really don't see why any of us whould have anything to say about it. As for the definition of marriage, it's touchy because it depends on everybody's beleif. I'm for allowing it as state union but let's not push it by forcing churches to recognize it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-18-2007 07:28 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
if two people love each other, I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get married =p

My thoughts exactly. But I'm against two homosexual people being able to raise kids.. and I've nothing against homosexuals, at all.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-18-2007 07:34 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Why on earth would two parents of the same gender not be able to raise children, or why would it be bad 'for the children'... that completely beats me...

Rollmodels? sorry, but look at the kids of today and how much the parents are at home or do the upraising. Aka: so it is ok to have a farther who is never at home, it is ok to live with a divorced parent, but it isn't ok to have two parents of the same gender?....

Two words for it, it starts with B and S and ends with L and T... :D

If two people of the same gender want to adopt or even raise a child, why not... They will probably do better than many other non-gay parents.

This post was edited on 03-18-2007 at 07:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2007 07:42 PM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Views on gay marriage
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Why on earth would two parents of the same gender not be able to raise children, or why would it be bad 'for the children'... that completely beats me...

Rollmodels? sorry, but look at the kids of today and how much the parents are at home or do the upraising. Aka: so it is ok to have a farther who is never at home, it is ok to live with a divorced parent, but it isn't ok to have two parents of the same gender?....

Two words for it, it starts with B and S and ends with L and T... :D

If two people of the same gender want to adopt or even raise a child, why not... They will probably do better than many other non-gay parents.

Agreed.
03-18-2007 07:51 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
i don't care tbh :P

so long as it's not a requirement for me to marry another girl :refuck: .. i'm ok with it.

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

once they change it for gay marriage, some idiot in the corner will want to legalize bestiality too
eew bestiality :sad: .... i heard that some guy in the canadian senate said that "people are not ready for that yet" insinuating that it could become legal in the future... +o(

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm for allowing it as state union but let's not push it by forcing churches to recognize it.
same here. yeah, i bet that some christians, muslims, some/ mainly orthodox jews, and some hindu religions would never agree to it.

it would change everything about the religions... and i mean, if one person has one opinion why can't another have their own opinion too.
some religions prohibit eating pork, even though so many others eat it. some prohibit premarital sex. some believe there are alien overlords... etc. ... meh. who cares.

so long as nobody discriminates or forces change upon the other, it's alright in my opinion. do whatever you want :)
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-18-2007 11:32 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: